Anxiety

seirmelo

seirmelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I have suspected that what bothers me the most in the game is the anxiety of doubling up or catching a donkey or a fish on the table, and it's funny that when I find these pieces even though I have a much higher amount of chips I end up getting a bad beat.

And you, what bothers you about yourself at the poker tables?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have suspected that what bothers me the most in the game is the anxiety of doubling up or catching a donkey or a fish on the table, and it's funny that when I find these pieces even though I have a much higher amount of chips I end up getting a bad beat.

So stop chasing players, maybe that's your mistake, not the deck.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anxiety is my name, I have to calm down more in poker, sometimes that's why I lose.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It happens to me sometimes I lose control when I play for many hours:D

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

This anxiety will eventually lead you to bankruptcy in poker. I know sometimes it irritates you to see that player who pays everything, and you go crazy to get him but in the end he ends up getting you. It's happened to me, but over time I learned that it's no use trying to fight them head on. In the levels I play, 2nl and especially in freerolls, you will find a lot of fish, and for fishing the best strategy is patience, wait for that strong hand and then you will get a fish. Good luck at the tables.:)

V

volkzord

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ye I feel what you mean. Im trying to quit with this behaviour, you should do that too.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
why ?! it's just a game, just play the game :).... if you continue like this you will have a heart attack :)) .... relax and enjoy the game regardless of the result:)

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fishes that shove with TQo against two players and river a straight against my set of 999. Yes you know, whom I'm talking about, Gaucho. See ya soon for the revenge :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already had this type of anxiety too, but in my case I always wanted to double up fast so I just would go all in or fold in many hands. I'm learning to control this feeling and understanding that I don't need to risk all my chips all the time to build a good chip stack.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I also suffer from this evil, it is very difficult to control, but I keep trying to evolve!

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
uhm is it correct to call this "anxiety" though ? anxiety is a disorder . and i suffer from it personally

i wouldnt call it anxiety when it comes to poker

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can relate, try doing breathing exercises it helps sometimes.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only thing that really worries me is to leave the tournament quickly with a good hand. In all other cases, even if at first it will be unpleasant for me or i will be angry, in the end i will still understand that i did something wrong.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What bothers me the most is a pair of Aces, and people who don't know how to play, with a pair of nothings going to Allinn, late registration of an hour or more

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
why ?! it's just a game, just play the game :).... if you continue like this you will have a heart attack :)) .... relax and enjoy the game regardless of the result:)[/QUOTE

Love this positivity! :)

Well, isn't it, what to worry about :) if it's going to be good :), if not this ... there's a future time :) cheers :)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never underestimate an opponent in a game. Even if you watch his bad play. You do not know what card he has at the moment or what will fall on the table. And it turns out that you didn’t catch him, but he caught you.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Perhaps you are too fixated on catching a donkey or a fish and this prevents you from playing optimally !!! I definitely pay attention to players who do non-standard and even insane actions, but do not forget that they also get AA sometimes !!! No one canceled a flush, straight or set for these players, you need to play carefully and make an increased bet (more than against ordinary players) only if you are sure that you are ahead)))

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I also have anxiety when I play poker, but it's not a big anxiety! There is a little excitement when I show with someone all-in! But I think that absolutely all poker players have this feeling! But I try to take it easy on poker, because it's a game, not the main source of income, for me poker is a hobby and I enjoy playing the game! Good luck at the tables!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
This state is due to the fact that poker is a game for real money, and no normal person wants to lose this money.In addition,fear is an integral part of the anxiety that is associated with the behavior of opponents,winning and losing.Poker is different from games where any questions can be decided with certainty.Regardless of your skill level,there will always be a factor of some anxiety during your game.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
algorithms that exisst in online poker that give players with usually the smaller bank cards like AA. Its a setup to eliminate players. The person with AA, for example, does something like betting a large portion of his bank or goes all-in. The larger bank villain, having already won hands with trash cards bets and wins, usually eliminating the AA player. The pllayer playing trash is also part of another algorithm that chooses specific players to win the majority of their hands. PEA - player elimination algorithm. PSA - player selected algoritm. Only with online poker.

Cheers!

Dan'O

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What worries me is that when I lose 100-300bb, they start playing at a higher limit to compensate

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
My only concern is that I don't have enough time to play. For me, poker is a favorite hobby that gives me pleasure. But unfortunately there is not enough free time for my hobby.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anxiety is hard to deal with, which is why poker player needs to take a break every now and then.