Analyze lost hands after games?

michel valente

michel valente

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Answer me one thing, do you analyze your lost moves when the game is over??:jd4:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to analyze. If I don't forget)))

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answer me one thing, do you analyze your lost moves when the game is over??:jd4:

It is always good to analyze your game when you are done playing. I tend to review the big pots, to ensure I am making good decisions when it matters most. But it is also good to step back and look at your total game and ensure your haven't strayed from a solid strategy.

Good luck and God bless.

C

Cigan8521

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it makes no sense to analyze, because with a good hand, you are simply unlucky. Winning tournaments or final tables can be analyzed.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course, the most important hands are analyzed in order to find a way out of this situation next time.

001Jaguar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I analyze time to time if it’s in tournament only in final table but if I am in cash table I do it all the time just watching and thinking

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yeah, I usually analyze my hands, not only when I lose but also when I won to see if this was best way to play.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

Hello and yes, I do rethink some of the hands I played after a tournament.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
just when I think the tournament is worth it and I know I'm going to play it again, then I go and analyze the hands I've played and how I've played!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Analyzing hands after a session is one of the main aspects to improve your level as a player.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always try to analyze my game, and especially my mistakes. The best kind of learning in my opinion is learning from my own mistakes, so I always try to make the appropriate analysis and conclusions.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't analyze. My card moves are either intentional or not. Everything else, in my opinion, is a matter of luck.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I always analyze my game, especially after the game when there are very controversial situations, I analyze it so that next time it will be easier for me to go through similar moments! I believe that the main way to work on your game is to analyze your played hands, this is the most effective way! Good luck at the tables!

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
if it's worth noting, i'll analyze it over and over again, i'll rethink if i can do it differently next time

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Always ponder the last hand. Try to determine if you made any errors, or if the money went in "good."

Also, understand there is not just one "correct" way and one "wrong" way to play a certain hand/situation.

Learn to get creative, and to try to manipulate your opponent as much as possible. ;)

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The most important is to run the numbers, see if they differ from my previous gut reaction, and consider different perspectives for nex time

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to immediately analyze the losing hand and draw conclusions

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try not to focus too much on the outcome of the hand, but ask yourself if you made the correct decision at each decision point, and if you would play the hand identically again.

Last edited:
YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never done it but everyone says it's necessary

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I always do this and I constantly think what I did wrong, and also what options for the game could

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to start practicing this. I just had very few serious tournaments so far.
But in the future I will try it. So far, I only analyze the hand when I do obvious stupid things in order to fix this moment and try not to repeat it in responsible games.

As mentioned above, a clear strategy is needed for analysis. But I don't have a solid strategy. There are only outlines of the strategy that I am currently working on.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all!
I always analyze my loss or a big flight with a good combination, otherwise you won’t build the next game

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me going back and analyzing my sessions is the most important part of my study time. In my opinion, if your goal is to improve you must be willing to look at your mistakes and find a way to keep from repeating them over and over. That is how low stakes players get stuck, if you hear someone say they are looking for "leaks" by reviewing hands. They mean that "we" develop bad habits over time, and if they are not corrected, they become permanent. Hand review lets you identify situations and board textures where you constantly make the wrong play. Now, the problem is identified, next you need a way to keep this problem from happening, this is where a better player looking at your hands will be able to help. Many times they have experienced the same issue and can give you ideas on what helped them to overcome

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but I review them in my head and try to see what I did wrong.

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes! It is the best way to correct errors.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Top 10 Games