all in idiot wins again

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just wait them out....AA doesnt even seem to be a safe call with these idiots
If you're not going to call/raise/shove with AA (excluding special situations), what hand are you going to call with? AA is the best starting hand PF and yet you're worried about getting someone getting lucky and beating them? You cant let situations like these affect your game and keep you from making the right decision.

C

chadherczeg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IF you got it all in preflop with AA then you made the right decision. AA won't hold up every time and that's part of poker. Just because AA gets cracked doesn't mean it's rigged, i mean hell the other night i had AsKs against AhAd and the flop came Ac-4s-7s. I thought i had the best hand and bet and got called the turn was a 5h and i pushed thinking he had 5-6 suited because of the fact that he was raising a lot. and i also thought he would call with a pair and OESD so i wanted to try my double up right here. He insta calls of course with top set and the river was the 6s. i flushed out on him. Preflop i was 9% to win a hand and still won. That is part of poker. That is the reason good players like Daniel Negraunu and the Grinder and Gus Hansen play a lot of hands. because the flop is what makes texas holdem. If you can manipulate a player after the flop no matter what the hand is then you try, as long as you know how to range that players hands well, then you can try to manipulate it to help you. Its not automatically rigged, it just means you need to learn how to play more than premium cards, because in a tourney it will only get you so far. In a tourney you need to know how to change gears and play position and many many many other things. Playing premium hands may work in a cash game but maybe you should change the way you play in a tourney and see if it helps. Gl and see you on the felt.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^
Almost. Its about 80/20 in AA's favor.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my philosophy of playing poker is that if I made good decision and probability-winning or winning EV(excepted values) were achieved, even I lost i'm still happy for it. Cos in the long run. you are making more money.
Great post.

M

metzyman06

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i actually was just playing and called a guy with K10 and he put me all in with 87 os and won

H

hornellfred

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone ever won a hand short stacked that they had no right winning? This gets evened out when you lose with aa. What I don't get is would you feel better if qq or jj beat you. The only thing I care about is I got beat. Get over it and move on you will catch a pot you are a big underdog in and someone else can call you a donk

Strong Dollar1

Strong Dollar1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how can you win in these tournaments ?when you have idiots going all in with crap and keep sucking out.i lost yesterday night having pocket rockets 2 a guy who had 27 offsuit.things like this make you want a quit playing.it seems rigged.:confused:
Seems like it's rigid sometimes, but over all you have to consider have you ever sucked out on someone with pocket AA's. I know that I have it happens, and just because you go all in with AA's don't mean that your hand is going to hold up. The best thing to do is play your position, and just hope that your rockets don't get cracked, and get your money in the middle when you have the best of it....

I

icepick007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WTF is going on in this thread?

1. Why you want to play bad players.

Well, think about it for a second: Where do you make the money from?

Bad players.

If you were playing all good, thinking, calculated players all the time, you wouldn't get anywhere. The only action you would probably get is AA vs KK and how often does that happen? It seem like so many of you hate that these bad players chase all the time or they go all in with trash or they call you down with bad hands. What you don't realize is: THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT! This is where the profits come in. You want to play bad players because the more mistakes they make, the more profitable it is for you.

Repeat: The more mistakes a bad player makes, the more profitable it is for you.

Yeah, soak that in for a bit.

The reason why you think you want to play good players is because they usually do the right thing. They fold when they're beat, they dont chase their draws, etc. The thing about poker is that its not about winning hands, its about winning pots and making profit. And you make profits by exploited the mistakes in players while reducing yours. If you're playing players who aren't going to be exploited like this, then you'll get nowhere.

2. To beat a donk, you have to play like one.
What is this crap? You know what? Go ahead and play like one and show me how you really do. And I dont mean show me one or two hands you've won. Show me a big enough sample that shows this is profitable. Continue to chase flush draws without proper odds, play garbage hands, and everything that is consider 'Donkish' and show me how well you're really doing.

You do not have to dumb your game down just to beat these level of players. Like it was said earlier, how are you going to beat good players if you cant beat the bad ones? How do you beat the bad players? You adjust your game and you exploit them. Don't keep making the same mistakes vs bad players, but force them to keep making the same mistakes for you. These are bottom level thinkers, the easiest to take advantage of. If you can't beat the bottom, you can't beat the top.

well said philthy...yu need to take ur chances against these guys...assuming a yu do a large number of games,more often than not its from players like these yu buid ur stack early in the tourney,dats exactly wat yu want...more often than not if yu play sensibly,yu can make a killing off these guys

NYislanders

NYislanders

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't know what kind of tourney you had played. But if your in a nice buy in tourney that wont happen.

freerolls are just for fun.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't know what kind of tourney you had played. But if your in a nice buy in tourney that wont happen.
So wrong. Granted, there are a lot less bad players at the higher stakes, they're still there.

mregister2

mregister2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting aces cracked definitely sucks, but you have to put it all into context.

I was playing in a REBUY tournament yesterday and cracked the same player's pocket aces twice in the first half hour. Both times I turned a flush. The first time I pushed all-in preflop with A8s and he called. The second time he min-raised on my big blind and i called with ace-rag. I pushed all-in with the nut flush draw on the flop.

My point is, it was a rebuy game and my strategy was to play loose aggressive for the first hour to try to build a big stack.

Nevertheless, my opponent was not happy with me. Before declining to rebuy for the second time, he typed in the chat box: "I will see you in hell."

That gave me a great laugh.

chipeverett

chipeverett

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we all feel your pain man. I got beat in the middle of a full tilt tourney yesterday when I had aces, bet kinda big pre flop, and got called. The board hit 4A7 rainbow, so I go all in. He, with a Q6 heart, calls and catches an 8, then a 5, and beats me, and then proceeds to talk shit. I was pretty upset. But it happens.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just cracked a pair of rockets with pocket Qs. No ace on the board and a Q on the turn. Makes ya feel good!

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
you need to play like a donkey to beat a donkey. you cant play regular poker online. I found that out the hard way. fish for flushes!, donk that straight on the river. make 2 7 off your best friend. its the only way to win. I have played live poker in hard rock and the dog tracks for years and never saw the crap that I see online. sad fact...you must become a donkey to win.
Sorry to say this but, this is one of the most stupidest posts I have ever seen. to beat a donkey is easy,

T

trouble92

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care what any one says online poker is not like playing real card poker. I know bad beats happen with real cards too, but not nearly as often. I'm sure i'll get some sweet reply like if you don't like online don't play. I like playing and most of the time it's what available. Please remember what this site is for, opinions not just nasty replies.

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just because you had pocket aces doesn't guarantee you a win. I believe they win 80% of the time which means you lose 20% of the time. So you got the 1 out of 5.

The more fish that are in a hand, the more suck outs you're going to have.

C

cheezepoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we can blame all the donk play on T.V., most of the time they only show hands when someone gets sucked out on. I personally have noticed that since poker has become so popular on T.V., that it doesn't matter if you are playing online or live, more people are playing less and less premium hands.

H

herlis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
if your a careful player or good player the guys you call idiots are no problem , you would know when to call them or not , i also do think the game is rigged but i try to take that of my mind cause you will only always have that excuse everytime you lose, just try to play and dont worry about what others have and just try to win your game.

bdean1

bdean1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to play like a donkey to beat a donkey. you cant play regular poker online. I found that out the hard way. fish for flushes!, donk that straight on the river. make 2 7 off your best friend. its the only way to win. I have played live poker in hard rock and the dog tracks for years and never saw the crap that I see online. sad fact...you must become a donkey to win.
very true there is a BIIIIIIIIIG difference between online and live......you will never see monster flops and qauds beating qauds and royal flushes beating str8 flushes and so on in live poker but i guess u learn to deal with it i expect my AA to get beat so push hard with it lol

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very true there is a BIIIIIIIIIG difference between online and live......you will never see monster flops and qauds beating qauds and royal flushes beating str8 flushes and so on in live poker but i guess u learn to deal with it i expect my AA to get beat so push hard with it lol
I lol'd.

How can you say you'll never see this in live games?

bdean1

bdean1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WTF is going on in this thread?

1. Why you want to play bad players.
Well, think about it for a second: Where do you make the money from?

Bad players.

If you were playing all good, thinking, calculated players all the time, you wouldn't get anywhere. The only action you would probably get is AA vs KK and how often does that happen? It seem like so many of you hate that these bad players chase all the time or they go all in with trash or they call you down with bad hands. What you don't realize is: THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT! This is where the profits come in. You want to play bad players because the more mistakes they make, the more profitable it is for you.

Repeat: The more mistakes a bad player makes, the more profitable it is for you.

Yeah, soak that in for a bit.

The reason why you think you want to play good players is because they usually do the right thing. They fold when they're beat, they dont chase their draws, etc. The thing about poker is that its not about winning hands, its about winning pots and making profit. And you make profits by exploited the mistakes in players while reducing yours. If you're playing players who aren't going to be exploited like this, then you'll get nowhere.

2. To beat a donk, you have to play like one.
What is this crap? You know what? Go ahead and play like one and show me how you really do. And I dont mean show me one or two hands you've won. Show me a big enough sample that shows this is profitable. Continue to chase flush draws without proper odds, play garbage hands, and everything that is consider 'Donkish' and show me how well you're really doing.

You do not have to dumb your game down just to beat these level of players. Like it was said earlier, how are you going to beat good players if you cant beat the bad ones? How do you beat the bad players? You adjust your game and you exploit them. Don't keep making the same mistakes vs bad players, but force them to keep making the same mistakes for you. These are bottom level thinkers, the easiest to take advantage of. If you can't beat the bottom, you can't beat the top.
again wow ok i am gonna listen to you from now like i said in previous blogs im still kinda new only been playing poker for maybe a year well u seem to know exactly what ur talking obut and you put ur damn foot down lol i love it can i add you ? ty lol

TrashmanAce

TrashmanAce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I realy dont play a hand under AQ before the blinds are large enough to matter. Early on peeps all in on nothing alot. Let others weed the junk players early anmd be paitient. Sometmes its just the way it is. I saw some cat on tv the other night get a bracelet with 10 4 call all in on I think AQ. Flop was 10 10 something and turn was a 10. Go figure.

Thats poker baby, dont ya love it.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
again wow ok i am gonna listen to you from now like i said in previous blogs im still kinda new only been playing poker for maybe a year well u seem to know exactly what ur talking obut and you put ur damn foot down lol i love it can i add you ? ty lol
Heh...too much credit, IMO. I get by on what I know, I guess...LOL. Im not a great player or anything and, in fact, Im still learning so much. All that I know now, I've learned from experience, books, and other helpful members on CC.

Oh, and not being an ass or anything, but use punctuation marks in your post. They help out a lot.

S

SankTheTank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone ever won a hand short stacked that they had no right winning? This gets evened out when you lose with aa. What I don't get is would you feel better if qq or jj beat you. The only thing I care about is I got beat. Get over it and move on you will catch a pot you are a big underdog in and someone else can call you a donk

I'm 0 for 4 with aces. Haven't cracked aces in a long time.

I'd rather be beaten by QQ than 27 if I'm holding AA.

It sucks, there is nothing you can do about it really if someone gets extreamly lucky.