Alcohol, Caffiene and Red Bull at the poker table

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think that these things interfere much or vice versa somehow help at the poker table, the main thing is that the brain is not inhibited, I choose strong tea!

M

Maxim420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol YES, coffee YES red bull NO

A

Alexio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never consumed alcohol at the poker table because it lowers concentration. Perhaps people drink at the table because this way they improve their well-being. If I'm in a good mood, the game goes better. Someone needs to drink alcohol or coffee for this, someone just needs to chat with friends and get good emotions from them, so they will feel much better both physically and mentally and will be ready to play.

D

Dhembhe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
entrega rápida

I never drank Red Bull. I'll rethink.

G

graf2119

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that coffee helps a person think in poker, but I do not recommend using it often, REDBULL is also possible, but you can not use a lot, and alcohol is harmful to your health, so we play poker sober:D:D:D

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy a good alcoholic beverage while playing, but don’t like having too much! Hard to play right!

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually drink coffee, juice or water. Turning coffee or energy into the night helps to stay awake but too much caffeine can hinder decisions.

reska11

reska11

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe coffee if I play late, but no alcohol. Alcohol is classified as a central nervous system depressant, meaning that it slows down brain functioning and neural activity.

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Water will be more than enough, i'll avoid playing when i am tired or i need to sleep so caffeine will be not on my liste..

N

nichitas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol and poker are not good friends. I never drank Red Bull, and I drink coffee with pleasure until 5 p.m., after only water and natural juices.:)

K

krism13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a nervous wreck like myself, sometimes a few alcoholic beverages give you that much needed boost of courage. Often times I will only par take with alc, if its in the 1/2 games live because theres not too much money in play too lose lol.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
None of the above, I'm strictly a Dr. Pepper person. Never did acquire a taste for coffee even though I was in the Navy.

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never drink alcohol while playing poker, I drink coffee instead.

K

krism13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol YES, coffee YES red bull NO
Alc yes but no too redbull?! What is your thought process behind that lol redbull is almost a performance enhancer with how wired it gets you haha while alc is probably not doing too many favors for most poker players

E

ErrolCartwright

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always sure to get some drinks going on. It makes me take more risks, and I usually need it.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
caffeine and cigarettes always help me, now alcohol always disturbs me a lot, I avoid cocaine and energy drinks not how harmful and addictive they can be ... of course, any excess can be highly harmful even excess water can lead to kidney problems and to the bathroom in a way that takes up a lot of your time, we have to be very very careful with what we eat and feel because our body is also a big drug factory naturally

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
None of the above, I'm strictly a Dr. Pepper person. Never did acquire a taste for coffee even though I was in the Navy.
Hi Larry ....I like to see your comments for me it makes a lot of sense, because you live many years with lucidity

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get to the table and chug coffee. I had my own powdered cream stashed in the room lol.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its rare but I have had a red bull at the table. to be honest other that shaking of the fog from lack of a good night sleep it really did not do anything for me more than coffee would. I dont drink alcohol when playing. Oddly the drink of choice for me on the poker table started about 2014. I was playing when a player ordered a chocolate milk. I ordered one right after and we started to talk. He was a REG player and said i was the only one other than him who order the milk. He proceed to tall me it was good to drink the milk at the table as he would not get hungry when playing this was and stayed hydrated. It also just tasted dam good. From that day forward that is what I always drink when playing and to be honest, even when playing 10 or 12 hours in a tournament I never really go hungry and my energy level was always good.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Its rare but I have had a red bull at the table. to be honest other that shaking of the fog from lack of a good night sleep it really did not do anything for me more than coffee would. I dont drink alcohol when playing. Oddly the drink of choice for me on the poker table started about 2014. I was playing when a player ordered a chocolate milk. I ordered one right after and we started to talk. He was a REG player and said i was the only one other than him who order the milk. He proceed to tall me it was good to drink the milk at the table as he would not get hungry when playing this was and stayed hydrated. It also just tasted dam good. From that day forward that is what I always drink when playing and to be honest, even when playing 10 or 12 hours in a tournament I never really go hungry and my energy level was always good.

I would never have thought of chocolate milk but this makes sense, Kenny.

nesslerporty

nesslerporty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These elements are brutal, for the game of poker, they can affect your nervous system and even cause anxiety, or bad decisions regarding situations, and decisions of the game.