Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm not in the habit of drinking coffee. I drink alcohol socially but I never played poker drinking, only in home games with friends...

And about energy drinks, like Red Bull, I drank several times in my life but I never felt any effect, so I stopped drinking. It doesn't work for me, it's the same as drinking water or juice.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol has only negative effects. I drink alcohol only during home games with friends where focus is on the fun and the game is just pleasant addition. For serious game anything over one beer (which can help you to reduce stress and play more relaxed) is against you. I can not comment about coffee or energy drinks as i don't use such.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I drink alcohol very rarely. During the game, I am best invigorated by strong tea.

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking water during sessions is the best thing you can do to maintain focus, by far.

Sometimes caffeine helps, too.

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a very tight player and very cautious/avoidant in general I find the de-inhibiting effects of alcohol can be positive. I'm more likely to 3 bet and generally be aggressive. The alcohol makes me less fearful of playing larger pots, this increases variance but its possible I play better overall.

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad selection..

Having all these components on a table I think it is a bad choice, because they affect your mental state and anything could happen and be misunderstood. There would be a lot of euphoria, anxiety, impulsiveness, hallucinations, etc.
The best thing would be to play while being lucid and as healthy as possible and be able to enjoy a nice game :rolleyes::cool:

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually drink coffee while I play, as I drink caffeine daily, it doesn't affect my concentration so much, but alcohol I prefer to avoid.

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually cup of tea, if it gets really late and I'm deep in a tournament I might need a coffee to keep me awake.

This happened to me last week, when deep in MTT made a coffee as it was 2am and needed to stay awake. 2 sips of my of coffee and I got knock out the tourney!! I laid wide awake in bed for the next hour!! lol

Y

YogSothoth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online? Coffee, candlelight and a little bear ornament I've named Bo.

I look f*****g ridiculous when I play poker.

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dont drink alcohol when you play poker you lose the sense of your actions.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not drink coffee and have never drunk Red Bull. I have big doubts about the help of these drinks and even more alcohol. All alcoholic and caffeinated drinks increase your heart rate and oxygen flow to your brain, but will it add to your poker skills?

Geoff445

Geoff445

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be the best you must do as the best do/have done. Stu Ungar=Cocain.

This post, all though factual was merely for amusement, do not attempt this at home,

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I'm in the game for the fun and amusement, I do like to drink a glass or two of wisky, or a beer, when playing online. Helps me get a bit lose - and only a bit - so I don't get too rational overthinking again and again and end up losing the fun part from sight. No other drug, thanks.

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol usually disturbs me, the other drinks I never tried to drink.

Solrac346

Solrac346

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perfect I agree with you

Ter todos esses componentes em uma mesa acho uma escolha ruim, pois afetam seu estado mental e qualquer coisa pode acontecer e ser mal interpretada. Haveria muita euforia, ansiedade, impulsividade, alucinações, etc.
O melhor seria jogar lúcido e o mais saudável possível e poder desfrutar de um bom jogo :rolleyes::cool:
Perfect I agree with you

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must say that in the past few month, I take glass of wine when there are 4-5 tables left - it helps me to relax little bit, and not feel overstresses, or over cautious, and it does helped me to reach final table, few times. I called it the "liquid courage" to call suspicious bets, and even three-bet more often, vs. playing scare and avoiding getting busted.

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as healthy as possible

One of the things that I focus on when playing poker is not to drink anything, since many emotions flow and I can get carried away by those, of which several are treacherous. ;):eek:

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everyone picks their own poison. mine is coffee.

Spannerdeth

Spannerdeth

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone at my home game is on some kind of drug, but we're never on the same thing. It's a laid back game though!

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hell yea, all the above with a cancer stick. Im a very passive person so whateva floats your boat. I think its all about having fun and letting loose and enjoying the game. Good luck.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinks at the table

Drink whatever you want. Drunker you get the better it is for me.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to have a coffee in between. During an exciting hand, however, I do not need an energy drink ... rather something to calm down a bit (no matter if holding the nuts or just air). :D

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am 100% Coffee Coffee Coffee
Booze i do feel leads to losing money in the long run
- but hey not saying poker and beer dont go together on a Friday night
cause they sure do if your poker mates come join yeah :)