Agressive or tight?

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight. Look at Dan Harrington. Get the image of a tight player, then you can be aggressive.

marcofud

marcofud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
every game you need to feel it all depends on the table I'm on, checking players may take a while. Sometimes it's so aggressive players play so often and usually after a while they are gone, I usually play less aggressively and I increase my will chips, but sometimes I lose a good card with aggressive players

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is an appropriate time for being tight with confirmed value and aggressive with stealing or bluffing. Depending on the action, I will even play 7-2o in a grandiose manner (when feeling necessary).

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
You don't have to choose. Tight is not the opposite of aggressive. (Loose or tight and aggressive or passive). But the people how comment that you adapt your style to your opponents is of course correct.

Or to quote Bruce Lee: “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes tight sometimes agressive.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
IMHO you need first to learn poker math, deeply as much as possible, so you will discover that to be or not be agressive may become you profitably or not, it depends, the important it s to take the best decisions. Sometimes agressive, sometimes passive.

Twisterman

Twisterman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That work differently depend on how comfortable you are in different stack level. Also pay attention to how the player at your table plays. Be adaptive.

veirge140

veirge140

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have learned something is to play according to the rules of the table where you are
i lost a lot in playing aggressive
for all his time

Z

zuk22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play aggressively, rarely tight

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, I think you need to know to play aggressive or passive depends on the situation table. In the event of a tournament, the closer the more you play tight bubble. If you chip leader trying to be aggressive to steal blinds. Adapt:cool::cool:

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always switch up playing styles to keep opponents off balance in tournament play. As far as cash games I tend to play a little tighter.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play nearly cash but think there must be aggressive most of the time ,,, tournament has its phases, the first thing is to have too many chips and not necessarily going to get being aggressive ,,, be aggressive in bubble with many chips you increase your stack pretty ,, I not say that before bubble not be aggressive, I say that in many ways you can make chips and is the main thing ,, be aggressive consider that often benefit sucrase

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the post, but found nothing new

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Very accurate everything you say since it is the mistake that most rookie players make without thinking about the possibilities of other players when trying to play aggressively since three games will result in victory

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Your play depends on the table and players that you are playing with. Playing tight might work at one table but might not earn enough chips as playing looser would at another table. Being able to adept is a must in my opinion.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
empty aggression of players often occurs within micro limits
aggression is often used as crazy, not considering the strength of your hand and much more
such aggression does not always lead to the victory of the bank and in general
correct aggression and stupidity are different concepts

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am aggressive player on spin & goes, but tight on tournaments for some time before a loose my patient. and then play aggressive, usually it doesn't last long:D I don't understand how you guys are able to sit through the hole tournaments with clear mind.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as far as I am a woman, I prefer to play in a tight manner. I think that men can play agressive poker better. But may be I am wrong

Thank U 4 Posting.

Typically women should be better at playing poker aggressively, as they would be more often making a rational decision to take an aggressive action vs men being aggressive out of emotional habit. Therefore men should be making more mistakes with their aggressive actions.

Tight play is weak play without aggression. Good tight players are always Tight Aggressive. Once again though aggressive based on hand reading not just aggressive for the sake of it.

Hope this helps

:):)

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play tight on the early rounds then switch over to aggressive from in on

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally aggressive with greater then average stack. Tight when waiting for an aggressive player to give away chips.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard to apply pressure being tight..

Tight tourney players, risk-averse, will have a harder time applying pressure, stealing hands. Might play opportunistically tight; kinda tight, but willing to take more than a few chances. Better to take some chances, before the blinds take away the opportunity to do so..

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally aggressive with greater then average stack. Tight when waiting for an aggressive player to give away chips.
I agree with this. Every snowflake is different!