Agressive or tight?

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need first to learn how to play tight, because this is the correct play, you have to know when to raise, when to call and when to fold depending of your cards, your position, your ships in the play, your remaining ships and how many players in the shot. This is generally how the best players in the world are playing in tournements, except if they are in ship leader position or in the finale stage of the tournement. But in the cash game, to be agressive is also an option, you can for exemple use your position to raise with 6-7s, or T-J...
You need to know basic strategy and to change your stille depending of the situations. If you are tight it will be easy for you to bluff from time to time, but never show your bluff! If you shoose to play agressively, don't make it when you are out of position or against fishes or against ship leader, and don't be agressive all over the game. Changing your stille during the game is always important to avoid to be predictable.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, totally agree with you. An important factor is the stake you are playing. The tight agressive style works well for micro while the loose one on bigger stakes

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your play should always be adaptive, you could play 2 tables at the same stake and it may be correct to play tight on 1 table and loose on the other.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your play should always be adaptive, you could play 2 tables at the same stake and it may be correct to play tight on 1 table and loose on the other.

Agree with the post. Thx

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree the start of any tourney you should play tight, But there is a point in the game where you need to learn to steal. When you are approaching the bubble players they play so tight you essentially can steal chips of them every hand. All you generally have to do is 2BB and everyone folds. This will happen 3 out of 4 hands so essentially you can build a decent chip stack by stealing.

A

Ananke222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as far as I am a woman, I prefer to play in a tight manner. I think that men can play agressive poker better. But may be I am wrong

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You need first to learn how to play tight, because this is the correct play, you have to know when to raise, when to call and when to fold depending of your cards, your position, your ships in the play, your remaining ships and how many players in the shot. This is generally how the best players in the world are playing in tournements, except if they are in ship leader position or in the finale stage of the tournement. But in the cash game, to be agressive is also an option, you can for exemple use your position to raise with 6-7s, or T-J...
You need to know basic strategy and to change your stille depending of the situations. If you are tight it will be easy for you to bluff from time to time, but never show your bluff! If you shoose to play agressively, don't make it when you are out of position or against fishes or against ship leader, and don't be agressive all over the game. Changing your stille during the game is always important to avoid to be predictable.

Reading your comment I had the impression that I was reading from a poker card, bravo!

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A general rules of thumb is you want to play the opposite of the table. If the table is tight you should play loose and vice versa.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm it is always necessary to adapt to the style of games of your opponents, but above all to respect the rules and to show rigor and discipline.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TAG is what drives my game. Like few have mentioned, you have to put into different gears to keep those honest.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally agree with you, loose-agressive players are players you need to be careful with..

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
I will not disagree with the primary post.
I would add to that, there are variants of playing any format of any game.

The style of play is different for every play.
How you would play a free roll is different to playing a 5.00$ tourney to playing another style in a 50$ tournament.

You cannot keep a one track mind all these variants.

Play any format you want but you will need to adapt a style of play accordingly.

I have even realized that it is important to change your mode of play depending at what stage of any tournament that you are playing.

Just my 2 cents...

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes tight sometimes agressive.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree man, but the most important thing for a poker player, in my opinion, is the ability to adapt and change throughout a tournament, so you will never know what your play will be.

see you

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you always play tight you will also be predictable.
I think that a combination between the 2 styles (aggressive and tight) is a good game strategy, either in tournaments or cash.
Greetings.

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play aggressively at the beginning of the game, and then carefully, and for the theft of the blinds, there is still little experience ().

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I’m an aggressive player in the game and passive and even harsh, I agree that the game needs aggression and even in some moments needs a bluff, but in some situations you need to be very careful because other players can have a stronger card, better in distribution if you are not sure of your victory by 80-90-100 percent, it is better to play passively and carefully, I agree with the post-TeUnit that you can play on 2 and 3 tables with the same bet and win on one table and lose on other tables because that the card seems to be the same on the same table are good matches with kombinatsiyami- but on the other card tables played badly and losses are

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Now I see a lot of aggressive players playing at micro-limits, so at this limit it’s enough to play carefully (passively) to be a plus !!!!

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most cases, I play very carefully, try to be patient and wait for strong cards. But in any case, my game depends on how my opponents play.

F

FlopGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Aggresive against tight player, tight against aggresive player

A

Andyvols

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the stakes you're playing at. At low stakes I often get called by someone with 7-2 for example. When the stakes are higher, other players are more serious and you can play more agressive

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Often play tight, helps me to think more broadly than just aggressive play

Think so play many

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I started playing on line i used to play real tight and some times play like a donkey. but i started to play real tight mostly and was afraid to make a call and even a bet but now with my coaching i have found my self playing to aggressive at the wrong time and losing. so i'm trying to play more laid back and relax instead of aggressive all the time. which i'm learning when the right and bad time to be aggressive.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You really need to be both aggressive and tight, certain hands require you play aggressive whereas other hand require you to play tight.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The game is totally adaptive depending on your rivals. Having a solid strategy serves you against specific players such as freerolls that play many recreational games that are maniacs, fish, donkeys etc. But in normal tournaments you can become very predictable against regulars and they will take advantage of you. The important thing, first of all, is to meet your rivals