After 5 or 10 or 15 years of playing, do you still have faith in poker?

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, of course yes, in all this time I have improved my game a lot, I think that if I play with myself, the one from before, who I think would beat me easily, it has not been an easy path for me. but little by little what I long for is coming true. It is a constant day-to-day struggle, but it is achieved and we must not lose faith. Before in a club tournament I did not reach the top 60 and from time to time I entered prizes, today I fight for the best 15 in addition to winning some tournaments.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It does not matter how many years it has been. Rememberrhe1 thing you will always have and that is Faith. You know you can do it. Just have faith.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After 5 or 10 or 15 years of playing, do you still believe in poker?

That is a tough question to understand. I guess it depends on what your original expectations of playing poker were.

My expectations only changed one time - and those were my personal expectations of playing - not my expectations of poker. At one point I had to accept the fact that I don't have sufficient time to devote to playing and studying. So from that point on I play when I have time because I enjoy playing - but I don't let it rule my life.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well, I haven't been playing poker for that long yet, but I think in 5 years, I would still be playing despite not having results because it really brings me joy.

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I wouldn't say I have faith in poker, but I'd say I improve myself and my self control everytime I play conscious of my flaws.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've played online poker for 16yrs. and my passion for the game now is stronger than it ever has been. I love this game!
I began playing poker 55yrs. ago... but I sucked til' more recent (... maybe I still do but I just don't know it? :unsure:)

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe in poker .... I believe its rigged online ! lol ,

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I finally got to play chips (play money) My timing seems to be inappropriate, tired, or I don't deposit money anymore.My game is unrecognizable, I've become something else. Life takes strange turns for me. I can't find my place. We all still have the passion, but how motivated is it?🤔 Don't pay attention to me, enjoy everything!

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You always have to have faith, as we say in our country (I don't have faith)

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you do not set impossible goals, then faith will remain forever.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After 15+ years of playing poker… I'm still playing online poker. I'm still sceptical with regards to algorithm manipulation that favours certain players. I live live poker- live shuffle is trustworthy 100%

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely yes!I´m still enjoying this game.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I have to admit there was a time when I lost faith and trust in poker. This was after 1-2 years I started playing it very unsuccessful.
Of course, I was a noob and an absolute fish. I had no plan, I had no bankroll management. I played really terrible.
I lost money that I should not have lost at this time. It was crazy. But I realized it and stopped playing and wasting money for nearly one year
although I loved poker somehow.

Then I started freerolling, learning, and reading and stuck to bankroll management. And doing this made it successful for me.
So therefore I am very faithful about poker as long it is still offered here in my country I have to say. :)
I am sure even when I would lose my job I would be able to earn enough with poker when I would put more time into this.

That is a tough question to understand. I guess it depends on what your original expectations of playing poker were.

My expectations only changed one time - and those were my personal expectations of playing - not my expectations of poker. At one point I had to accept the fact that I don't have sufficient time to devote to playing and studying. So from that point on I play when I have time because I enjoy playing - but I don't let it rule my life.
Interesting that you think so and I did the same in the past.
I think you and I are in a similar situation with really limited time. I also thought that I would not be able to play good poker
when I did not have enough time for it or study about it. Meanwhile, I just think to adjust the limits that you are playing
and play games that fit your time management as well. Like SNGs or shorter / capped MTTs.
And learning about poker you should do even more than me automatically by maintaining this forum, I would assume.
I even do this by reading here I think. What is also helpful is just to discuss situations with close friends here quickly.
Of course, you will not play on a level like Negreanu instantly, but you will have success with it more and more and
then you also can play shots in bigger events from time to time when there is enough time for them.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not sure what i am supposed to have faith toward.
I am not expecting to become wealthy through poker.
I can safely say that i am still enjoying poker and happily playing the game. I want to keep playing for a very long time.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
Yes, I believe in poker after 20 years. and I will believe it until the end of my days. I live with poker.

B

burba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
I play for fun. Since about 15 years, and it still makes fun.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
My experience has been five years and I will say that during this time I certainly understood something, but I may not understand something once. 1 out of a million will earn easy money here, poker is hard money, no matter how they are embellished. However, I still like poker and I will play it, especially since something is working out.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to admit there was a time when I lost faith and trust in poker. This was after 1-2 years I started playing it very unsuccessful.
Of course, I was a noob and an absolute fish. I had no plan, I had no bankroll management. I played really terrible.
I lost money that I should not have lost at this time. It was crazy. But I realized it and stopped playing and wasting money for nearly one year
although I loved poker somehow.

Then I started freerolling, learning, and reading and stuck to bankroll management. And doing this made it successful for me.
So therefore I am very faithful about poker as long it is still offered here in my country I have to say. :)
I am sure even when I would lose my job I would be able to earn enough with poker when I would put more time into this.

Interesting that you think so and I did the same in the past.
I think you and I are in a similar situation with really limited time. I also thought that I would not be able to play good poker
when I did not have enough time for it or study about it. Meanwhile, I just think to adjust the limits that you are playing
and play games that fit your time management as well. Like SNGs or shorter / capped MTTs.
And learning about poker you should do even more than me automatically by maintaining this forum, I would assume.
I even do this by reading here I think. What is also helpful is just to discuss situations with close friends here quickly.
Of course, you will not play on a level like Negreanu instantly, but you will have success with it more and more and
then you also can play shots in bigger events from time to time when there is enough time for them.

It is not that simple for me unfortunately. I do naturally pick up a bit here and there from being around the forum - but most of the work I do is not in the forum. I don't have friends to discuss hands with - but frankly don't have time to do that anyway. I have very little time to devote to poker at all which is why I go play live twice a year. That and an occasional CC game is all I have time for. Even when I reduce my hours I will likely need that time for other things.

I just have too many things that need to come before poker and I am okay with that. :)

Last edited:
I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After 5 or 10 or 15 years of playing, do you still believe in poker?
Just complementing what Debi said, you have to know the essence of poker, and know that it has nothing to prove to you. Poker for some is fun, for others it is work and for some it is purpose. This stance on whether to believe or not will not get you anywhere beyond doubt.
I've known Poker for about 12 years and I believe in it.

Last edited:
M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Yes I have, the magic of poker will come to me and the rewards are going to be huge.