Ace King off suit or King Queen suited?

What cards would you rather have? Ace King off suit or King Queen Suited?

• Ace King Off Suit

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • King Queen Suited

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
M

Malloryd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited cards are more likely to catch the flush, which will beat a straight or a pair of A’s, so it seems like the wiser choice.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want them both, why do I have to pick just one? I will take AK.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Very suspicious results, in my opinion.

Good afternoon everyone, this is a good question, I will always choose AKo vs KQs.
Speaking of AK, it's a hand that I tend to lose a lot of chips in and I'm often eliminated on the pokerstars website, on the GGpoker website, I tend to win a lot more with AK.
I am studying the result of the pokerstars software, I have noticed that most of the time, the villains with the most chips win even with weaker hands on the pre flop and I started to adapt my game according to the software, there was a hand that I had A6s and villain with less chips was All in vs my open rasie and villain with AQ lost to my A6s, a fact that I see very often at pokerstars, in my opinion most of the time the result is determined by the amount of chips.
Please if you agree or disagree, leave your comment.

Attachments

• 6 vs 94 ganhei.jpg
    6 vs 94 ganhei.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 9
  • AA vs KJo.jpg
    AA vs KJo.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 9
  • AA vs T9s.jpg
    AA vs T9s.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 9
  • AQs vs A8s.jpg
    AQs vs A8s.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 9
  • ganhei com bad.jpg
    ganhei com bad.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 9
Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
AK is premium hand and has more odds but I like KQs too and I won a lot of pots with it. Really hard to choose but I guess AKo better but everything depends from the board and how to play with those hands anyway.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK off is definitely superior. KQ suited is a pretty hand to open with but not very fun to play in early position. And to sum it up just think what would you be happier calling it off with, no brainer IMO.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon everyone, this is a good question, I will always choose AKo vs KQs.
Speaking of AK, it's a hand that I tend to lose a lot of chips in and I'm often eliminated on the pokerstars website, on the GGpoker website, I tend to win a lot more with AK.
I am studying the result of the pokerstars software, I have noticed that most of the time, the villains with the most chips win even with weaker hands on the pre flop and I started to adapt my game according to the software, there was a hand that I had A6s and villain with less chips was All in vs my open rasie and villain with AQ lost to my A6s, a fact that I see very often at pokerstars, in my opinion most of the time the result is determined by the amount of chips.
I actually have to agree with your thinking here. Not sure about the chip aspect but definitely view online as more video game like in its mechanics. For instance on ACR for a while I was starting to see a pattern on when I would win pots in relation to the amount of time in the level, or in the time until break. The breakdown was between 30 minutes before break til like 10 minutes before I’d lose any pot I entered. So for that 20 minute stretch I was hand tied. I folded aces to a jam believing my theory and saw the villain had Q5 after a call by AK and was mortified until the flop came Q55. It would have stacked me. The other factor I noticed was I always won a pot (unless in that time frame) 2 minutes before blinds went up. I tested and proved it many many times. I went on a super heater just playing the glitch on ACR for almost all of 2020. It kind of felt like figuring out Mario back in the day lol.

W

Well Enuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't know if I agree or not. I like that that you have studied cases. How many hands in the study? What type of correlation did you find to the disparity in stack size to bad-beat/suck-out occurrence?

I would guess poker sites would be very interested in keeping the random nature of cardfall fair because trust impossible to regain if they were putting their thumb on the scale.

I'm am really interested in your study because I am a data junkie. I flogged databases for much of my career and I still enjoy poking around in stuff like this.
Thanx, twenth.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AKo is just a statistically stronger hand than KQs, so I am always going with the big slick here!

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course AKo!
I don't remember who said "I have two flush-draws!" :rolleyes: