AA or KK: Which Do You Prefer? (edit note: previous title was AK or KK, but original post is AA or KK)

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK. I just think I get over zealous with it, So, I do better with AK. Im more careful

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not At All Obvious.
With KK, you hope that AA or AK or straight won't beat you too...:eek:

Well, AA is the only hand you're worried about since you're the favorite over every other hand out there.

ASHUKPOK

ASHUKPOK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, AA is the only hand you're worried about since you're the favorite over every other hand out there.

The point is that you need to be wary of a wider range of hands. Such as AA, AK, and even QJ. All of them have a great potential to beat the KK.
As one of the participants of the topic under discussion correctly noted, with the KK, there is a high probability of collecting full house on the river.
I try to play both of these hands carefully, after watching the flop. Exceptions are when the stack is less than 20 BB.:icon_bigs

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the obvious answer would be kk however when i have kk for same reason an ace almost always appears on the board. so for that reason i like ak suited more because i have blockers on both aces and kings and is a very strong hand postflop when you connect a pair or better on the board. if i wasnt so unlucky when getting dealt kings i will choose them over ak thats for sure!

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer KK, because I think that this card is stronger, here you already have a pair and in another combination the second ace still needs to be caught, although it drives many crazy if he has pocket AKs, they immediately go with this card to all-in and often lose.

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that both combinations are good, it all depends on luck, because even with card 27 you can win, although they say that these 27 are the worst pocket cards, and according to the KK logic, of course, they are stronger.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK is one of my favorite hands, a very good starting hand for taking chips away from others:D i love it when i get the KK

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Are you asking if I like to win or lose ??? Of course, the answer is obvious, I like to win more)))

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer Kings,it is more satisfying hand to play.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
depending on the position but I prefer KK in a medium position since in this position AK loses strength

Argylegreg

Argylegreg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prefer the certainty of KK, but if you're going to keep dealing me A,K I'll take it:)
Generally though it depends on so many factors....and of course there is always the derivative of A,K suited!

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both are very strong hands that practically nobody would discard them. Pre-flop I prefer KK but depending on the situation and board AKs you are more likely to connect.

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve stated in the past that AK is my favourite hand but KK is my...

final answer

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I choose KK , but then again so many are the times , when in crucial spots and deep I have lost with QQ or KK to AK or even worse , to A rag rubbish hands :(.....

ObiwanJ

ObiwanJ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If im shoving preflop KKs but if I'm playing to see the flop AK as cheaply as possible.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

both are the best pair in town
i play both the same way

rgds

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something in the hand is better than ten in fiction . If you choose KK and allways a pair

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK... It is much easier to play after flop, and have much more chance to being you bigger pots