A letter for the sequel

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Have you ever taken the risk of calling all-in while on a draw to complete a straight? And if so, how many times have you won or lost?

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No. I just call all in with very good hands or if I knew the oppent bluffs and haven't hit his draws. But generally i don't call if i miss. Instead i open for myself all in but no calling.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Depends a lot if it's an open ended straight draw or inside.

Also depends a lot on the ratio of shove to pot.

You should only call with an OESD with pot odds of 2:1 and ISD with pot odds of 5:1.

Otherwise it will be -EV in the long run.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If the player realizes that the chances of making a combination are rather small, he will not go all-in. This will save the budget in the long run and invest in a more profitable distribution. When determining the percentage, it is important to evaluate another factor - the amount of money in the bank and the size of the bet. But you shouldn't go all-in to make a straight.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Of course, but you have to calculate the pot odds to make it profitable in the long run.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only take risks when there are appropriate reasons for it. I only play when I have good cards and when my chances of winning are real.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course yes. Sometimes I go all-in without having one card to straight or flush, but I rarely do it because according to my calculations I lose more at the same time.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes, it's worth the risk depending on the tournament