A gambling game or a game for the mind?

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of skill, and the psychology part of it helps to keep your mind fresh and awake... But i would not want my kids to gamble away their money.
So is a personal responsibility to teach them when is not ok to become addicted to the gamble part of poker..!
:D

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is gambling, and it is best to think of it this way and dislike gambling.

However, it is a strategy game within that. If you have 100-200 buy-ins at your level and play it like chess and don't tilt then it is possible to have a tactical advantage over gambling.

But I do not know anyone like that. I have not met anyone like that. The brief times I was like that I spewed due to unforeseen emotional issues. So I have to come to peace that I am not like that.

M

martycaridi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slot machines are gambling. roulette is gambling. Craps is gambling. You have no control over the outcome. Poker gives you control. You can afford, check, raise. Yes, the cards matter, you have no control over what cards come out, but, I wouldn’t call poker gambling.

GGrinder

GGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chance is involved but the game is def more skill/chance

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First you need to find out what the Excitement. Passion — the emotion related to the anticipation of success (not necessarily adequate to reality) in any way. Often associated with case, game, risk, danger. The notion of gambling explains associated risk and the desire of winning some wealth. Yes often emotion not poddayutsya and they are out of control, all depends on the person, Passion is a good word, and the s it made a bad type. I do not think so. Yes, of course the greatest influence of the mind in poker affects the ability to follow the game, to this all comes down, if a person has a mind and his passion will not take before you do something he will analyze and make a reasonable decision in this and is a smart or stupid person, emotion is subject to man. Mind up!

The game itself is not gambling, the excitement comes from the things you play!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TanaT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game is gambling. In poker, unlike winnings, he loses more stress and emotions. if they want, parents will not be asked. in offline games there are glitches.

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember:

Strategy, Mindset, skill and a little luck.

This is poker

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if they have such a desire, I will teach them !!! It is better for them to know in advance all the subtleties of the game and bankroll management !!!

M

maxboy44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a gambling game or a game for the mind

I seem to be in the minority. I think it is 80% luck. How many pots are decided on that last card

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The game develops endurance and determination

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question can be answered with a remark made by me, in which two of my friends play poker, one plays in a controlled way, ie he only bets safely choosing only strong hands while the other has fun throwing hands in which they are relatively weak using their intuition and faith. In the face of the facts, I observed that those who play with safety have already won some tournaments, while the one that is more emotional has not reached so much. I like the self-control my friend has in his game and it rewards him.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Already the fact that poker is played for money makes the game an element of excitement.And the big wins in some tournaments inspire you a sense of accessibility to win a large amount. Naturally, poker should be played by an adult who can control himself, his actions.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that poker is a kind of such a game, in which there is the excitement of the game for money and the sequence of logical moves that you make. because if you play for money you do not think, then you will lose everything! that's why I would refer poker to gambling and mental games as well!

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is definitely a game of thought and skill, I would say in ways like the game of chess:0)" Strategy games", and I see nothing wrong with teaching the kids games like these, good for the mind:0)

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message 10

Poker Yes is a game of logic of excitement and the main deception of the opponent in some cases because the player is not bluffing constantly and the opponent wants to catch him and you in turn deceive the enemy. And the result of winnings or Projgrysh money and the most interesting poker is in the live and that people have a very strong desire to win, and then in the game of trivia in the Internet call everything and go all-in with nothing on their hands especially freerolls need to keep people who go Constantly at all with any hand and so the game is super

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the tournament structure is more a competitive game of skill and strategy. Cash games I view as gambling.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling Top 10 Games