Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
which hand would you take ?

i would take KQ especially if it is suited

even though A-7 is the "better hand" ....it actually is not the better hand . if you know what i mean

when you hit your ace you have a not that good kicker . when you hit a 7 you can easily be beaten by a higher pair etc

i think that only because A7 vs KQ in an all in situation gives A7 the edge mathematically ....it doesnt mean that it is the better hand in the end

it is hard to explain what i mean lol . what do you think though

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay so let's get to my point of view.
Without counting straight, flush etc, let's analyze only by pairs.

KQ has 6 outs to win.
A7 has 42 outs to win.

Only counting pairs, ok.

so it would be lucky if it turned into a K or a Q.

Although it's strong letters KQ I still prefer A7, I've won a lot of hands with A7 against KK or QQ but looking at the flop, of course. A7 all pre flop only if you have about 6 bb down.

But I think of this case this way.

KQ has 6 outs to win.
A7 has 42 outs to win.

Remembering that you only have pairs, but you can turn AJ1078 at showdown and KQ win with straight x A7 two pair.

my choice :)A :D7

Let's go All in?:smile:

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would take A7 because one Ace can decide the game

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer A7 suited, although if it's a turbo then KQ will also come off such hands I will only play when I have 10 big blinds or do i have a huge stack

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay so let's get to my point of view.
Without counting straight, flush etc, let's analyze only by pairs.

KQ has 6 outs to win.
A7 has 42 outs to win.

Only counting pairs, ok.

so it would be lucky if it turned into a K or a Q.

Although it's strong letters KQ I still prefer A7, I've won a lot of hands with A7 against KK or QQ but looking at the flop, of course. A7 all pre flop only if you have about 6 bb down.

But I think of this case this way.

KQ has 6 outs to win.
A7 has 42 outs to win.

Remembering that you only have pairs, but you can turn AJ1078 at showdown and KQ win with straight x A7 two pair.

my choice :)A :D7

Let's go All in?:smile:

I agree, A7 has much more outs, and when I have to choose, which one I prefer preflop all-in it would also be A7, because of the mathematical advantage

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A7 - junk.
KQ - much better option, without any hesitation.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would take A7s, that A is fundamental ...:)

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
which hand would you take ?

i would take KQ especially if it is suited

even though A-7 is the "better hand" ....it actually is not the better hand . if you know what i mean

when you hit your ace you have a not that good kicker . when you hit a 7 you can easily be beaten by a higher pair etc

i think that only because A7 vs KQ in an all in situation gives A7 the edge mathematically ....it doesnt mean that it is the better hand in the end

it is hard to explain what i mean lol . what do you think though

You've some good points there however that doesn't make sense when you compare these cards. Since both cards can be against stronger kicker or better pairs. In other way around you won't take KQ over A7 if you were playing 3max low stacks. That's usually for spin gos. If you hold KQ and face a shove, you know that it's either pairs or ace high, you can't call easily. Couple days ago on CC freeroll I came third just because of calling allin with KJ suited. Guy had A2 and he won. Math is against you, how can you say KQ is better then?:D

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A7 is certainly stronger than QK, and any poker player will choose an ace, and the kicker has nothing to do with it, because in this situation we are comparing A7 vs QK, these are different hands.
If we were comparing A7 vs A8, then a weak kicker is of great importance.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont mean an all in situation against 1 player who has A-7 and you K-Q

i mean in general when you dont know who will call / raise / fold yet and / or when there are several people in the hand . i would rather have KQ than A7 to be honest lol

when you hit your ace you can be outkicked . when you hit your 7 you dont have a big pair

while with K-Q when you hit your king the possibility of someone having an Ace kicker is lower . when you hit your Q you have a great kicker with K . you can also make straights with KQ . when the Ace hits the board you will just fold to a big bet while with A-7 it can become really expensive for you . and if the KQ is suited even better you can make a flush

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could go to allin with KQ, but I wouldn't accept allin, because any ace is higher. And so it is clear that in mathematics A7o is higher.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer KQ to A7, but I wouldn't play either all in before the flop unless I'm under 10 bb

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
ace7...of course....u dont need to hit your cards , u can win with ace high...:)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I would prefer KQ.
A7 is not my option. :)

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i prefer k-q because 2 high card.....and possibility of straiht with

S

semi1406

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A-7 has higher winning chances ,thats enough for me.

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would take the KQ all day against A7 I just like that hand better in that situation. It just seems to work out when I play that hand.

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A7: 42 outs
KQ: 6 outs

A7 is stronger than KG.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A-7 probably for me, but both hands are dangerous in the respect that both can easily make the second-best hand and cost us a lot of chips :D

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At 3 to 1 odds, I'll take 2 7. We talking about coin flips here. Does really matter if its heads or tails?

Goku55

Goku55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously A7, KQ is Looking to hit 6 outs in an all in situation. Suited KQ vs off suit A7 I’d probably still take the A7 because depending on the suit you can still cooler them flush over flush.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on what spot? If I am A7 on the Big Blind and KQ on small blind. I will definitely call it if the villain goes all in.

W

whyfold that

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a7 over kq i win alot with a7