2007 WSOP Main Event Discussion Thread - POST HERE (May Contain Spoilers)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maria Ho is pretty! She is the last woman to be eliminated. Im looking forward to seeing her more on the tables.

:D
mariohobodog_2.jpg

V

vivaitalia1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it possible to watch the wsop online? or even highlights?

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
love your posts ian ,always informative ,thank you . i want to ask you if the buy in is 10,000 how much of that is tourney fee , about 600 ? thats what i got figured out anyway , they made about 3,795,046.00. , about 800,000 more than third place , but they paid alot more than 10,000 buy in ,lol , check my math. :)

Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go the South-African!! Still I think Watkinson will take it.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watkinson has the most at stake, since he qualified through FTP he will get an extra $10 million spread out over the next ten years if he wins the ME. Not bad...

M

mbs777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone have the link to watch the Final Table on the web? One that doesn't cost anything?

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, being the poker geek [and jobless alcoholic] that I am, I'm headed out to get some beers to prepare to buy the final table and watch it for 14 hours or so...

Anyone else plan on watching it?

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to go to work AG, actually leaving in a few minutes, otherwise I'd be really tempted because it should be interesting to watch with the stack/blinds ratio which actually allows for some play besidfes the raising and reraising PF wars . I'll check for updates from work though on cardplayer.com, plus read about any hand that gets posted here, if you see an interesting one.

I just noticed you're in Buffalo, so don't forget some wings to go with that beer!!!! Enjoy it sir. When you make the final table I'll come to Vegas to watch it live.

mixmaster_matt

mixmaster_matt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, being the poker geek [and jobless alcoholic] that I am, I'm headed out to get some beers to prepare to buy the final table and watch it for 14 hours or so...

Anyone else plan on watching it?

are they doing hole-cam like they did in other events this year? If so I will get it, if not then it isn't worth it to me...

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are they doing hole-cam like they did in other events this year? If so I will get it, if not then it isn't worth it to me...

No, because it is live.
Apparently Comcast doesn't have the event on PPV :(

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jerry Yang, who everyone agrees is the weakest player at the table has taken down 5 of the first 10 hands.

Childs folded QQ, probably a bad laydown to Yang and seems like he can't shake it off.

It's actually a lot more interesting than I thought it would be without the hole cards...

Last edited:
D

Doomhammer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*mini spoilers*

That Yang vs Hilm hand... wow.

I too am enjoying trying to figure out hands... I should write stuff down and compare when the hole cards are known in the future espn show.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*mini spoilers*

That Yang vs Hilm hand... wow.

I too am enjoying trying to figure out hands... I should write stuff down and compare when the hole cards are known in the future espn show.

I think Yang had 99 or TT

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm watching the textual updates on that website.
I really hope AK can get something going.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hilm is OUT. He tried to semibluff the turn vs Yang, got called by tptk.

Btw, Rain Kahn is a spastic idiot.

I, and I think a lot of other people are rooting for Lee Watkinson.

D

Doomhammer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When Hilm and Yang went to showdown, he stood up and was doing some kind of weird dance, gyrating wildly.

For anyone with a cursory knowledge of internet geeky subculture it reminded me of this:

Flash » Banana - Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Do not click unless you really really want to be annoyed.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you elaborate on that plz ?(I can't watch the thing, only follow the updates)

When Hilm and Yang went to showdown, he stood up and was doing some kind of weird dance, gyrating wildly.

For anyone with a cursory knowledge of internet geeky subculture it reminded me of this:

Flash » Banana - Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Do not click unless you really really want to be annoyed.

^^pretty much this. Also when he came out during the introductions, he was just screaming like any idiot. AAAAARRRRRGGGGG. I know it's the ME FT and all, but at least pretend like you've won a pot before, jeeesh. I have to think that being that emotional can only be a detriment to your play.

Oh boy is this guy going to annoy me for 14 hours. I'm voting for him to go out next.

Childs is still on tilt from folding QQ, he keeps making comments about Yang.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An hour and a half later after counting Watkinson's chips.... they really need to color these guys up a little, but they would neeeeeever do that, they need the big stacks to make it "exciting" for tv.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holy crap! Yang calls Watkinson's all in w A9 soooooooooded and is dominating A7o!!

Watkinson, gone.

Yang is praying to Jesus and Father, "I will glorify your name". Unreal.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would hope "the lord" has better things to do.

Maybe he's responsible for the 2 card outs people hit online???

That is a shocking call with A9o.

Yang is clueless but if he thinks he's destined to win it then he's not laying anything down.

btw that early hand with Hilm I reckon JJ for Yang.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At this rate, it won't take no 14 hours.

AG, who is doing the TV announcements?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The stupid "live update" still hasn't even reported this.
Apparently Yang is donating some of his winnings to charity, so if he wins it, at least some worldly good will come of it.

WSOP