2007 WSOP Main Event Discussion Thread - POST HERE (May Contain Spoilers)

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a few theories

1: poker is losing popularity
:wink: Based on what, a slightly smaller field in this years ME?
2: with the European poker tour and Asian poker tour gaining ground, non-US players are finding it unnecessary to travel all the way too the US for a major poker tournys Why would these tours be "gaining ground" if poker is losing popularity?:(

3: less online satellite entrees because of the online poker ban in the US The answer to your point #1. Now this I buy.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

If poker is losing popularity,, where are the flocks of new internet players continuing to come from? Who is populating the EPT, the Asian tour, the new US tour, the WSOP circuit events, the WPT, and the HUGE internet tourneys, which attract bigger fields alla time? The ONLY reasons the field in this years ME is down is the changes brought about by the IGEA.

By forcing the online sites to give out their wsop packages in equivalent cash rather than direct buyin, the WSOP pretty much assured that this years field would shrink, and truthfully, it needed to. Many players who won sattys into this years ME opted to take the 12k and stay home. OK for them, in their places I'd prolly make the same choice. I think, however, that this is a far cry from a death knell for poker.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a few theories

1: poker is losing popularity

2: with the European poker tour and Asian poker tour gaining ground, non-US players are finding it unnecessary to travel all the way too the US for a major poker tournys

3: less online satellite entrees because of the online poker ban in the US

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
BTW, I see by your post count that you're new here, and not from 'round these parts. Welcome to CC; stick around, play some of our events, get to know the folks. You'll like it here. You WILL like it here, 'cause Ve have vays of making you talk.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hansen is out in 61st.

Sammy is still in the top ten, though- YEAH BABY!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
End of Play chip counts

Attachments

• Day5.jpg
    Day5.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 123
beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whos got de moneee

Attachments

• Money2.jpg
    Money2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is my prediction for the Final Table:
David Tran
Philip Hilm
Hevad Khan
Scott Freeman
Kenny Tran
Tuan Lam
Lee Watkinson
Jason Welch
Daniel Alaei

Even though I'd love to see Scotty make it, I've seen some gambling like plays from him, and I think he'll get caught.

I Eat Sushi

I Eat Sushi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
awwwwwwwwwww what happened to Gus??????

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm goin' with Kenny Tran or Lee Watkinson to take it down.

Scarfacecw

Scarfacecw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2007 WSOP

The 2007 WSOP is so boring i just watched it online and there are not any of my favorite players in the main event its a bunch of total noobs wow what 10k will get you lmao

alexanderwoo1

alexanderwoo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well at least there is Scotty Nguyen and Lee Watkinson left in the tourney. They are both well established pros in the poker world.

Strong Dollar1

Strong Dollar1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't you like learning good moves from the pro's, or even watching an amature player make a big move, and even possibly win a bracelet.

D

Danilang

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion it's normal that an amateur player can win a single event also a bracelet;

poker is a card game; the luck unfortunately is very important;

instead during an entire season you can see the skills of a pro

T

TheSamurai1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker is losing popularity,, where are the flocks of new internet players continuing to come from? Who is populating the EPT, the Asian tour, the new US tour, the WSOP circuit events, the WPT, and the HUGE internet tourneys, which attract bigger fields alla time? The ONLY reasons the field in this years ME is down is the changes brought about by the IGEA.

By forcing the online sites to give out their WSOP packages in equivalent cash rather than direct buyin, the WSOP pretty much assured that this years field would shrink, and truthfully, it needed to. Many players who won sattys into this years ME opted to take the 12k and stay home. OK for them, in their places I'd prolly make the same choice. I think, however, that this is a far cry from a death knell for poker.

Well I never stated poker is losing its popularity as a fact, just as a theory, hopefully the wrong theroy. I just wanted to know did anybody have a clue as to why the ME had less numbers this year than last year. I guess it makes sense that the feild would shrink this year if about 2000 online player decided to take the money instead of the seat.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is my prediction for the Final Table:
David Tran
Philip Hilm
Hevad Khan
Scott Freeman
Kenny Tran
Tuan Lam
Lee Watkinson
Jason Welch
Daniel Alaei

Even though I'd love to see Scotty make it, I've seen some gambling like plays from him, and I think he'll get caught.

Well I got 4 out of 9 right. Not too bad. 2 that were near the top of the leaderboard going into the day and 2 that weren't.

Go Lee!

Afterlife000

Afterlife000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was hoping for Negreanu to win it, but sucks that he is out now.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final Table

1) Philip Hilm - Denmark - 23.1 million
2) Tuan Lam - canada - 20.3 million
3) Jon Kelmar - Britain (!!) - 20.2 million
4) Raymond Rahme - South Africa - 16 million
5) Lee Childs - US - 13.3 million
6) Lee Watkinson - US - 12.1 million
7) Hevad Khan - US - 9.2 million
8) Jerry Yang - US - 8.5 million
9) Alex Kravchenko - Rus - 6 million

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL.

Who names their child Rep Porter? [Reporter]

Nexar

Nexar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Humberto Brenes went out in 83rd when his AK ran into AA.

Gus Hansen has taken some hits and is near the back of the pack with around 540000 chips.

And Scotty Nguyen is now in third with around 3600000 chips. Gotta loveby that, baby!:D

damn it i was rooting for Humberto by the way did he singed El Rey? like in 2006 lol hes hillarius, we not playin pokah yet baby go Nguyen:D

WSOP