Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All software that aids poker players should be banned while playing

I guess we're banning all online poker sites then, because Full Tilt software aids me in my ability to play whenever I want.

All dissemination of poker player stats to other players should also be banned / outlawed.

Sharing Hand Histories? This is already against the rules.

Good ol pen and paper should be the only way stats are kept while you play. Play 2-3 tables at most and you will see a difference in your game.

Yeah not really your BB/100 goes down so you make less profit.

HEM and PT3 have a minor cost associated with them. Have you even tried to use the trial versions of them?

Do you have long term memory or short term memory? (Serious Question)
I myself have short term memory and to do the things you suggest with "pen and paper" would not work, I'm not going to go write down some shitty notes like "BluffKing69 3 bet with 27o, he also 3 bet with AA" I'm sorry you feel that way about HEM and PT3.

But seriously, at least try it out if you haven't yet.

I always say you can't say something sucks unless you have tried it.

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play SNGs and an occassional MTT. Since I'm usually playing while I watch TV and have a wife and kids (9 year old twin girls), I only play one table at a time. I really do need to pay some attention to my wife and help my children with their homework.

For those who do multi-table SNGs, what advantage do you see in playing say five $2+$0.25 tables instead of just one $10+$1? It would cost you an extra $0.25 in fees and the ability to focus on just one game at a time.

I'm a mathematician and know all about the law of large numbers, expected value, variance, standard deviation and dispersion of data. It just seems to me that a good poker player with the ability to read his opponents and adapt to situational play would have a better expected return on an evening of 4 $10 SNGs than he would for 20 $2 SNGs, even if you don't count the extra buck saved in fees.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can multi-table 4 - 9 games playin cash FR. But when I play more than 1 table of a MTT I start to loose my concerntration as MTT's need alot of concertration/patience to do well in them with the increasing blinds/stealing/bettin patterns IMO. So I just stick to one and still cant win a MTT LMAO.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've done four, I dont care to do more, once blinds get up 2-3 tables are harder to keep up shorthanded even if you have a HUD, poker is situational, you have to pay attention no matter what the statistics are telling you. I have no clue how anyone could play more than 8, kudos to you wurly...

C

cajinstorm

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, any more than 4 is too much for me. I have to know every detail to play effectively. I cant keep up with that much info going around at the same time.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play SNGs and an occassional MTT. Since I'm usually playing while I watch TV and have a wife and kids (9 year old twin girls), I only play one table at a time. I really do need to pay some attention to my wife and help my children with their homework.

For those who do multi-table SNGs, what advantage do you see in playing say five $2+$0.25 tables instead of just one $10+$1? It would cost you an extra $0.25 in fees and the ability to focus on just one game at a time.

I'm a mathematician and know all about the law of large numbers, expected value, variance, standard deviation and dispersion of data. It just seems to me that a good poker player with the ability to read his opponents and adapt to situational play would have a better expected return on an evening of 4 $10 SNGs than he would for 20 $2 SNGs, even if you don't count the extra buck saved in fees.

I'm not quite sure, but I'm pretty sure that the advantage comes from variance to your br. If you can play somewhere near your full potential on many tables, you will not be playing out of your br to play multiple tables. Because even if you only played one at a time, you are still subject to variance. This means if i have only $50, and play 20 $2 SNG you are closer to following good br management than to play 4 $10 SNG.

Anyone who knows more can add on, but thats what i have gotten out of it.

D

dinoroxxx

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That vid is nuts. Good info though regarding what you're up against, their goals, etc...

thepokerkid123

thepokerkid123

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

More tables don't require a deeper bankroll.

Higher buy ins do.

Sumun

Sumun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i can play that many tables but i do better with less than 5

to make a living of poker, playing at many tables if you can hadle it is really good because you can have more profits in less time

i think i will try to train my multitabling skills soon

sammyfive

sammyfive

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

No. plus one table is boring.
since i started 7-10 tabling FT 10NL, my variance dropped like a brick and my winrate actually went up a little bit. You are risking less in an individual hand with multitabling so you don't really need that much of a bigger roll. In fact when i started, I had my entire roll on the tables at once.

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't the original posting talking about multi-tabling SNG's? It seems like a lot of these replies are regarding ring games. Maybe some of you are successful in playing many tournaments simultaneously, whether they be STT or MTT, but I just don't see it as a viable option for me.

I also find it hard to believe that anyone who has their entire bankroll on the table at once is practicing sound BR management fundamentals.

P

Psycotic17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually enjoy playing alot of tables but 6 is my max because once you hit that normally 2 go off at once if three go off seems like your rushing... you get used to playing the tables because its not like people can read you the time your waiting is because you havent seen your cards yet... most of the time you play safe and raise the odd one with nothing when you play multi tables like that i just think it keeps the pace going and you dont let it over rush you

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12 tables at once, man I got a headache just thinking about it. I think you can play them, the question is can you play them well?