12 tables at once

Huck45

Huck45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, I haven't played much online since the new 2009-2010 school year. I am a elementary school teacher so I have all summer to play poker or do whatever.
So I'm in a SnG last night and I decided to look at the number of tbls the other players are playing. I looked at four different players. One player was playing 4 tables, two players were playing 6 tables and one guy was playing 12 tables. These are FT SnG's w/ a 2.25 buy-in.
I play 2 to 3 max. I don't remember seeing that many players playing multi tables last summer. How do you play 12 at once? Six seems like a lot too. I don't see how any software could help you manage that many tbls?

In the back of my mind I am considering playing 5-6 hrs a day this summer to supplement my income. :) Is this feasible?

S

shnish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think you can concentrate effective on more than 4 tables and even on 4 you wont do as well as you would if you took them one or two at a time. At least thats the case with me but i dont use any poker programs... i think thats cheating and should be banned

theupperhand

theupperhand

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you might to be able to play that many tables you would just half to hook your comp. up to a BIG screan TV

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're not used Multi-tabling, I would suggest you dont jump into it. You play 3 tables right? How do you as far as ROI after say 100 games? If it's pretty low, I would say either drop down to 2 tables or stick with 3. If its a good ROI or better, maybe add on another table, play another 100 SNGs or so and then recheck your ROI. If you've maintained or improved, you can possibly even move up. Or if its similar to a low 3 table ROI, maybe move back down. Try to find a comfortable medium were you're not risking profit just to get more tables in. Since you're trying to supplement income, your goal should be play maximum number of tables for maximum profit and not just to play a high number of tables.

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What those people are doing isn't poker, its a job, they use software and HUD's to enable them to be able to make quick enough decisions that 12-24 tabling is not THAT uncommon.

I think its lame to be honest, how fun could it really be, I play 4 at a time, no software.

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some ring vids of MMT:

24 table stacked
https://www.cardschat.com/f53/24-table-stacking-zachvac-50nl-fr-129461/

24 table tiled (with overlap)
https://www.cardschat.com/f53/i-tile-24-tables-100nl-fr-147383/

20 table 2 stacks
https://www.cardschat.com/f53/multi-table-vid-126197/

Fwiw, it's easier to multi table SnGs due to less post flop play and optimal play being much more robotic. I stack 27 tables right now and there are degenerates that stack 50+. I think stack is the way to go with 12+ tables. It certainly takes getting used to and is something that you need to ease into (add one table, see what it's like, add another if you're comfortable, etc, etc)

ciukster

ciukster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i max out on 8. anymore than that and i lose focus

L

leon818

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 are my max,, misclick occur when more then that

CntryBoys

CntryBoys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like playing more than 2 tables at a time myself. There is no possible way playing 4 or more + tables you can concentrate on each table and try and get a read off of players at your table because you are to busy jumping back and forth from table to table.

E

Ecomdan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most I've managed to play at once is 6 tables all SnGs... it was a mess, I think I only cashed in one of them. Managed to fold pocket aces pre flop as well because the tables kept popping over one another which was annoying as hell. Now I usually keep it between 2 and 4 tables.

H

HyperHoopZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive found that stacking the tables really helps and there is a nice piece of software called table ninja that organises it all for you. saw my tables increase from 4 and can now manage 20 quite comfortably tried 30 last night but was a bit much.

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can generally multitable 6 fine, and 8 at a stretch.
I hope I will be able to increase in time though.
It would be cool to be able to do about 30 like Hevad Kahn but I'm not sure thats realistic for me.
I still have a bit of trouble keeping up with sit n gos when I am down to 2 or 3 players on several tables.

adsthepro123

adsthepro123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi Tabling

Some people just have really good computers that are compatible with playing 12 tables at once , it is good for some people to have this many tables going however for people who like to take time making decisions online it is not a good method. It can be very profitable for some people but can be very complicated for beginners to get used to
adsthepro

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Umm... Poker Tracker 3 and Hold Em Manager, best investment you could have and NEED to be competitive playing online now.

D

dan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they dont play junk cause they are bored most of them r break even or better

XDavidX808

XDavidX808

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha sounds like a whole lotta confusion going on at once

Huck45

Huck45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great replies. I do need to look at ROI over 100 SnG's. Good suggestion.

The problem I had with poker tracker was I had a hard time figuring it out. I would love to sit with someone who is savy w/ a program and learn the ropes. For me, I can't just install the software and take off running.

What gets me is having 3 or 4 tbls go to the final 3 at once. It throws off my timing. Thanks for all of the great ideas.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Best of luck this summer, you should really consider limiting your self to no more that 4 tables. I can concentrate alright on 2 tables but start struggling when I have 3 or more, so only play with the amount of tables you feel comfortable with. :)

T

TinaPete

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello, I agree with most of you all after 3 , you lose concentration..and make misclicks calling and folding on the wrong tables...smiling.. the less the better you can get a read on other players. Depends on how much buy -in I paid if I will play other tables at the same time...good luck at the tables...Tina

Steves22

Steves22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well first off my internet connection is so unstable sometimes it can barely handle one table. But when I can play multiple tables I feel like I am just wildly clicking trying to keep play going. Very prone to clicking mistakes. Besides I like to just concentrate on one table so I know exactly whats going on. When I play multiple tables I feel like I am just playing my cards and not thinking about anyone else at the table and what they are doing. Playing twelve tables at once is pretty amazing but if he can do it and he likes it whatever. And as far as playing 5-6 hours a day. I wouldn't do it. My limit would be 2-3 hours a day at the most-but thats just my personal limit.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Great replies. I do need to look at ROI over 100 SnG's. Good suggestion.

The problem I had with poker tracker was I had a hard time figuring it out. I would love to sit with someone who is savy w/ a program and learn the ropes. For me, I can't just install the software and take off running.

What gets me is having 3 or 4 tbls go to the final 3 at once. It throws off my timing. Thanks for all of the great ideas.

There are videos online that give all kinds of info. re: PT3 & HEM.

A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All software that aids poker players should be banned while playing. All dissemination of poker player stats to other players should also be banned / outlawed. Good ol pen and paper should be the only way stats are kept while you play. Play 2-3 tables at most and you will see a difference in your game.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
All software that aids poker players should be banned while playing. All dissemination of poker player stats to other players should also be banned / outlawed. Good ol pen and paper should be the only way stats are kept while you play. Play 2-3 tables at most and you will see a difference in your game.

I can see this thread potentially heading in a crap direction.... sigh...(hopefully not!)

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been playing 16 tables at once in $5NL. Its really different but can easily be done. I was playing 4 tables a week ago.

As far as saying "all software is cheating" Your fooling yourself. And your BR will suffer for it.