$1000 Bankroll

Fernando Lopes

Fernando Lopes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I thank those who took the time to give their opinion. I'll study, and do all the math, when I'm ready I'll start. I will post my goals and my achievements, so wait for me. I'm pretty confident about that.

:) :)

KevinRBTV

KevinRBTV

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I thank those who took the time to give their opinion. I'll study, and do all the math, when I'm ready I'll start. I will post my goals and my achievements, so wait for me. I'm pretty confident about that.

Good luck dude! 👌

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

It’s your choice mate but personally I wouldn’t be putting results anywhere until I get very sure I’m grinding and beating the stakes.
The problem of creating a blog or posting results here in the forum is that you create an extra responsibility and more pressure to achieve results.
And we know we shouldn’t be playing out of results or expectations that is not the EV.
Just an advice, you know what’s best to you.
Listen to the more experienced forum users such as @Poker Orifice and @fundiver199, e.g.
All the best game and work for you!

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In Brazil you can live with $700 a month. Even less
It’s true but depends on where you live and your life style: if you have children to feed and car, e.g, $ 700 dollars is just a bunch of nickels to pay the monthly bills.
Try to leave in the city of Brasília with this amount, only the house renting would be near to $ 200 USD

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
It’s true but depends on where you live and your life style: if you have children to feed and car, e.g, $ 700 dollars is just a bunch of nickels to pay the monthly bills.
Try to leave in the city of Brasília with this amount, only the house renting would be near to $ 200 USD
200USD for rent would be a dream for me. My monthly rent is over 1100€ 😅 but that's quite normal for Vienna. Expensive city ..

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Can I make a living from poker with a bankroll of $1000? How to come up with a strategy to earn at least $700 per month? MTT, SnG, or cash games?
It's possible in theory, would not be easy and if it was then everyone would be doing it but if your going to try it then I wish you the best of luck 🤞

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Rule #1: Have a minimum of 50 buy-ins for cash games/SnGs and 100 for multi-table tournaments.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
200USD for rent would be a dream for me. My monthly rent is over 1100€ 😅 but that's quite normal for Vienna. Expensive city ..
Sure, it’s the capital of art and beauty.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I study piano, I've had this dream of visiting Vienna since I started studying music history. :D
in that case you got to visit definetly. we value classical music above everything else. try applying for a scholarship at the Konservatorium in Vienna or Mozarteum in Salzburg. many of the greatest musicians and composers studied there

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in that case you got to visit definetly. we value classical music above everything else. try applying for a scholarship at the Konservatorium in Vienna or Mozarteum in Salzburg. many of the greatest musicians and composers studied there
What are your favorite musicians? And their songs or plays? Which musical instrument do you play?

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
What are your favorite musicians?
Beethoven, Bach and Mozart
And their songs or plays? Which musical instrument do you play?
I grew up with classical music cause my father used to work for the Wiener Akademie which organized a well known classical music festival .
As a small boy I saw Lubimov play piano and it was just incredible. Saw Gulda live also many times.

Beethoven's piano sonatas are just beautiful. My favourite pianoplayer is Igor Levitt. recently saw a movieportrait about him. incredible how he interprets Beethoven, Mozart, Tschaikovsky and many more. but he's a fanboy of Beethoven and plays that most of the time haha.

I used to play guitar but that's a long time ago.

Fernando Lopes

Fernando Lopes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Studying in vienna is a very distant dream. I am in the ninth year at the conservatory in my city. Next year I graduate, this year I will study classical and romantic sonatas, Chopin etudes and Bach's suites and prelude and fuge.

currently practicing Haydn's sonata in E minor. lovely sonata

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Studying in vienna is a very distant dream.
Well you never know :D
I am in the ninth year at the conservatory in my city. Next year I graduate, this year I will study classical and romantic sonatas, Chopin etudes and Bach's suites and prelude and fuge.
Currently practicing Haydn's sonata in E minor. lovely sonata
That's great :D Chopin, Bach and Haydn made beautiful music and not easy to play .
Wish you best of luck and success with your career. :)

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello
i think some people here in the forum really know a lot about poker, but in my opinion anything is possible with discipline, diligence and hard work. 700 hundred is not a utopian sum! There are countless videos on the net that can help you and with Brazilian luck it will work :) I just wouldn't give up my job for it right away, that would be too risky for me. good luck

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Beethoven, Bach and Mozart

I grew up with classical music cause my father used to work for the Wiener Akademie which organized a well known classical music festival .
As a small boy I saw Lubimov play piano and it was just incredible. Saw Gulda live also many times.

Beethoven's piano sonatas are just beautiful. My favourite pianoplayer is Igor Levitt. recently saw a movieportrait about him. incredible how he interprets Beethoven, Mozart, Tschaikovsky and many more. but he's a fanboy of Beethoven and plays that most of the time haha.

I used to play guitar but that's a long time ago.
Well we are changing the subject of this thread a bit but I hope the OP and mods wouldn’t mind at it!
Lovely to hear it of you I will download some songs of these you have mentioned.
I love Rachmaninoff, Lugansky, Liszt, of course Chopin and Satie piano players and works. Beethoven’s sonatas are amazing, I love “Tempest”.
Mozart piano sonatas are something hard to define they are beautiful!
The 10 preludes of Rachmaninoff, The Nocturnes of Chopin, all of them, Satie I love Gnosiene and Gymnopedie, well there are thousands of piano players that I love!
Could you please quote your favorite piano works of the artists mentioned above? Thanks

P.S: I will create a thread in the Community Hangout about this theme right away!

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Even cash game or SnG players will have losing streaks, that last a month or more. And if for instance you lose 300$ and need to withdraw the last 700$ to pay for expenses, then a 1.000$ bankroll is already wiped completely out. And for that reason something like 10.000$ is a lot more realistic than just 1.000$, if you need to withdraw 700$ every month.

The next question is, can you win 700$ per month on average? And the only real way to find that out is to play part time and reach a result over at least a full year, which can be scaled up to those 700$. Like maybe you can win half of that spending most of your free time playing poker while still taking care of you regular job. This could then also be the way to build that 10.000$ bankroll, which you need in order to quit your job.
agree. sometimes I get damn lucky sometimes sng I played for $5 and made $60-90 in half an hour. But there are days I have defeat after defeat. so sng is roulette

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Honestly, make the goal >>> getting better at poker. Pick the format you like the most. Stick with it.
If you're still fairly green (new... and honestly I believe you are.. at least in SNG/MTT play that is), perhaps spend some time trying out all formats but when doing so, spend time solely on one or the other (don't mix in different formats... make it ALL SnG.. or ALL cash) and do this for a set time period (2 mos.?)

Then play away. It'll take a bit of time to be able to beat a stake to generate $700/mth profit but it is easily do-able with $1k bankroll. (I am sure I could do it playing 5c poker).. but I have played online recreationally for many years (15+)

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The reality is the following, to have a bankroll of $1,000, it is necessary to initiate a deposit worth at least $100, then the player must go to ring gamers and tournaments. in this case it is possible that it reaches $1000, but poker is a game of chance and a bit of a sport, so you can lose several times before reaching the desired amount.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The first step is to identify your time to dedicate to poker, as you have another activity, what I suggest is to play sit go, which I believe you can play 25 to 30 sits per day. Seek to study, always seek to evolve. If you want, I can review your tournament that you won, if you're interested, just call me in private. The mtts, in addition to having a much higher variance, you have to have a good amount of time available, which I think is not your case, playing sits you can easily achieve your goal, at the beginning of my career I started playing sits, I played sits from 1$, I ended my positive session almost every day (because technically I am much better than the 1$ sit players which is not very difficult kkkk, and because I play with a very small amount of players, that is, very low variance , totally different thing in mtt). So that's it, here's my tip for you. Good luck.

Ahhh man and always take care of your mindset, it's very important that you know how to take care of it, if you don't have a nice midset it will be very difficult to achieve your goals.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play the type of game that you are most comfortable with 95% of the time and try the other types here and ther and you will be alright. Good luck with your grind!

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management