$100 to 65k in 5 days

S

spacemiu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's great he got the initial $53,000 out. It's still pretty strange FT couldn't find any conclusive evidence of his account being hacked when he says he never played Cole South and someone was on his account saying "tulina83: this mofo is almost out of funds.....stupid bastard has &&%% withdrawing......i want to play more".

yeah there are still some unexplained spots in the story:

-Who played cole south?
-Why isn't tulina worried about what happened in that session, and for the money that was lost to cts if it wasn't him playing like he claims?
-If he himself played the session and didnt want to admit it (which seems so from ftp's investigation), why would he make up a hacker story? Is it because ftp froze the account? hmm... that still doesnt make sense tho.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OBVIOUSLY he got very lucky on this run, but this kid just turned 18 (? he said he deposited after his b-day) so he has the potential to be a full time pro if he starts to use some BRM.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's great he got the initial $53,000 out. It's still pretty strange FT couldn't find any conclusive evidence of his account being hacked when he says he never played Cole South and someone was on his account saying "tulina83: this mofo is almost out of funds.....stupid bastard has &&%% withdrawing......i want to play more".

If that quote is true i am starting to believe tulina83's story

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm still holding out hope for another twist. I liked these lines...

Yes, at this point I am saying I did not play Cole South.

At which point will you admit that you did?

Last edited:
coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still holding out hope for another twist. I liked these lines...

Yes, at this point I am saying I did not play Cole South.

At which point will you admit that you did?

If he really didn't. Cole's making out like a bandit. That's 2 accounts that were hacked that seemingly dumped their money to him. Pretty crazy.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OBVIOUSLY he got very lucky on this run, but this kid just turned 18 (? he said he deposited after his b-day) so he has the potential to be a full time pro if he starts to use some BRM.

No, he's like 23, he's just about to be discharged from USMC

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he really didn't. Cole's making out like a bandit. That's 2 accounts that were hacked that seemingly dumped their money to him. Pretty crazy.

what other account did that?? linkage please!

L

lov_my_wife

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is just so sick i wish i could get that lucky, just for 2 days if i could be that damn lucky lol. Honestly i have no clue how it can be done, you would have to play at the highest limits your b.r. allows. And hes back up again allready? somethings a little fishy if you ask me.

C

cjyh84

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it cant be tru , man.. no one is that lucky. no one can beat the game that way

S

spacemiu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
update on tulina's answer to the questions:
"
roughly 30k was lost to cts....it took about 24 hours or so to realize it was my rl friend who I had the prop bet of the rx-8. He apologized already and I'm recieving the car for free (or as free as that can be I suppose). He's also staking me for some stuff now, so in the end it's kind of a no harm no foul thing (i've literally known the guy for 11+ years.) I got to walk with my first wire transfer withdrawal (53k) and am left with $1300 or so to grind 100plo with. In the end I want to hone my abilities and not make the mistakes of the last few days of the heater. Was there anything else that I missed or you guys wanted answered? This has become a crazy thread, but fun nonetheless.

p.s. I was the one to notify FTP in the first place becuase I didn't know what had happened to the ~30k at first."

Now that's such a bs story and has so many flaws I don't even know where to start.

C

CashinJen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow

Wow that's awesome if it's true. I guess anyone can do it though if you get high enough to get into a big tournament and cash in the top 2 or 3 or even win it that would go along way in helping you get there. Im sure there are some big tournaments on fulltitlt

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I'm going to e-mail FTP on that $30,000 I lost too... I can't remember where I put it..

ludo90

ludo90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amazing story , i will look him up also must check this guy out haha.
I wonderif he will after the cashout be able to build his br as fast as he did again.

big ups!

DURRRRACELL

DURRRRACELL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't believe it, untill i came across this article that said an 18 year old kid put on 2000$ on microgaming and turned it into 1.4 million in just 2 weeks. This is obviously a sick run that will end up in a nosedive.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
friend for 11+ years or not would get a mother fu***** ass beat down.I mean wtf log on an lose 30k an try not to even tell me about it i would fuc*ing kill him.

B

BBaker223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody know what happened to this guy?

Z

zatchmo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone ever hear lindgren's story? He started with a $300 BR and got frustrated one day and put it all into a 15/30 limit holdem game, made $1500 and never looked back! Word is also that moneymaker was like 10k in CC debt before he hit the big satellite and won the ME! Lots of rags to riches stories these days, but what about the riches to rags?

mattj15

mattj15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luckiest player in the world. not even the best poker players in the world could do that without luck. That is amazing though.

J

jcklem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but there is a guy on ftp who turned 100 into 65k in 5 days.His screen name is tulina83.Cashed out 55k now tring to grind up through decent brm.100% true look into best story in poker i have ever heard.Once again sorry if this has already been posted.

if u hear someones story like this dont think u can go out and repeat what he has done.

first off he had to run like a god for 5 days, second you would have to push ur roll everytime u sat at a table, which if he ran bad for only a short period of time he would be broke faster than he went up.

third, there are a lot of people that run like this, think they are gods gift to poker, and continue to run there roll into the ground once negative variance kicks in.

im not impressed at all.

i have met a guy on carbon poker where i play only heads up NL cash game tables and PL omaha tables and talked to this guy i was playing with one time at the heads up tables. he played very aggressive and didnt really care about the money.

i got to talking to him while we played and he told me about how he has his own business and that playing cards is just fun for him. i went on to tell him that one day he is going to get some good variance and quickly run up his couple hundred to a few thousand in a short period of time, bc how he played i could easily see it happening. well a couple months later he comes and sits at my hu table again and tells me how i was right and that he is currently on a huge run and now has a 20k roll.

the problem is, this guy is going to hit variance again and his 20k roll will quickly be busto again. i urged him to cash half of it out so that way he at least made some money, dont know if he listened to me tho.

the point it, if you dont care about the money, and reloading is an option for you, you could easily run a roll up over a week to thousands of dollars. the problem is, if u continue to play the way u got ur roll up that high that fast, chances are u will be broke again just as fast.

L

losts0ul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a sick run no doubt, but I'm not surprised that someone who get that kind of run once a while. There is always another person losing 65k in 5 days, he just not posting to celebrate and talked about in cc =D.

lukeopp

lukeopp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Amazing that he could avoid the mine field of donks to do that. Probably smart that he cashed out.

G

GrayVA

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sick Run!!! I once had a run where I took a free $10 no deposit bonus from Prima Network and turned it into $1200 but that doesnt compare to this run!!!!! Nice work!

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow that's amazing. i'll check it out. maybe i can learn something, lol.