$10 bankroll

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would just go straight to the 1 dollar double or nothing tables.
i think this is also something to consider. i got that $2 free from ps and only played a few don's, i won 2, losing one with my AK against QQ, gross how i remember that. just wasn't that huge a fan of the site and didn't stick with it long enough to go busto or to build a br, not to say i won't have a few drinks and try it again. $6-10...i think you're in decent shape to end up feeling good about yourself after playing a few of these as long as you play like a total nit but be ready to shove crap all in when the blinds are high and you're short if you haven't played these before. i considered the .10-.25 tourneys...but never played them, they looked like total crapshoots. a previous poster pretty much confirmed (by his account) that you can play these tight all the way to all-in-or-fold time and double up to stay alive against what i was sure were lousy players....even then that would leave a sour taste in my mouth...getting sucked out that damned much when i actually have something worth playing. still not really much exp at playing ring games for me so i can't speak on that.

it really depends on you. if you're serious about not depositing, or not re-depositing, spend some time thinking what cheap game you feel you have the best chance at without having to be as much of a gambler. i mean, there's nothing on that site you're properly rolled for with that little br. so yeah, br mgmt is out the window...but you can still exercise some responsibility with what you have. obviously, you have the most shots with the 10 cents, and the next most with the 25 cents. the rake is killer on the don's, but your chance of winning, i think, is way higher. i think 3 for 5 still earns you a few cents there, haha....when you put it like that...that's the downside to them.

FlopIt2Me

FlopIt2Me

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say stick to the micro stakes cash games til you get your bankroll up. You can just wait for good hands in cash games w/o worrying about the blinds going up and eating your stack. The blinds never go up in a cash game, so be patient and just play your good cards til you get more experience and a bigger bankroll to work with.

All of the experts say that you gotta have a good cash game foundation to be a good poker player. So, I'd try to get really good at cash games first. In Tournaments many players go through long droughts and sometimes don't win anything for months.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well i was going to get started by tearing in to some of the bad advice given, but i dont wanna start a war here:)
but my opinion would be stay at the small stake tables/tournys, i think bankroll management still applies with a small balance, and jumping to higher levels too soon can elimanate a balance fast- believe me- Ive done it way too many times.
Ive also made a healthy balance on MANY sites from freeroll starts- and a balance can go up quickly (somehow can go down faster tho) and really, there are many games and styles and I think you got to choose what works best for you

G

Goinfordamill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with playing the .02/.04 tables to build your BR enough to play in a 1.00 sit-n-go. I like to play a little on the cash tables to support my tourney buy-ins.

P

Pokerdude420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if hes got a 10$ roll hes not in it to make a huge profit..why cant he takes the same steps in proper BR management with a smaller Roll? I dont see how it differs

D

dawggbob27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.02 cents

Learning proper bankroll management is important no matter how much you deposit. Isnt that the first lesson we all learn when we start playing poker??? Isnt it the first advice any strategy guide has ever given you IE: Play Tight Poker and Properly manage your bankroll???? Telling someone to blow an entire bankroll on one sit-n-go is just ridiculous and the WORST advice you could ever give someone.............

larry4896

larry4896

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd take it and look for the cheapest double up sitngo. play tight and loosen up later and stay commited to small stakes til you build it up a little, like to $30. 5 out of 10 double their money, so if you keep your head early and dont call off your chips on draws, play only solid hands, you can build it up. I started with $7 on bodog and played similar tourneys, built it up over a grand, took over a year but I stayed the course and now have accounts on 5 different sites. Trying now to follow my own advice on those sites. Good luck and stay comitted.

TexasPokerStar

TexasPokerStar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
how to build from $10

You can do it in two ways...

FAST AND AGGRESSSIVE or SLOW AND CONSERVATIVE

if you want to do it
FAST AND AGGRESSIVE

1) you need to figure out what you are good at, such as Hold'em, Stud, Omaha, Razz.

2) if you are better at Heads-Up, or 6-Max

3) The fastest would be playing Heads-Up Tournaments... but only if this is your strong point. It is very risky but it can be done.

I read on bluff about a guy that turned $250 in to $25,000 playing nothing but heads-up.

SLOW AND CONSERVATIVE

1) Here you want to sit at a full table with at least $1, again what ever you are stronger at, Hold'em, Omaha, Stud.

2) if you sit down at a Table with $1, and your bankroll is $10... when your total combined profit equals more then 10% you must walk away from the table... this means that if you sit down with $1, and your bankroll is $10... when you make $1 you must get up... so when you get to $2 at the table.

Best of Luck

nyr11jagr68

nyr11jagr68

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly depends what you are looking to do. Are you playing for fun and to learn the game? Than I would play the low level ones but if you want to atleast make some money you honestly have to have a larger bankroll.

C

chipshuffler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playing low stakes. I would recommend that you keep playing 1c/2c micro tables and just grind it up from there. Taking a stab at a $10 tourney is not a good idea. This will give you terrible habits for when you do decide to really start playing poker seriously at much higher stakes.

Playing big tournaments will ultimately just make you eventually go broke. You will also start to tilt when you lose too much.

Just keep playing micro limits and youll be fine.

Good luck!

B

Beachy Poker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I deposited $25 about a year ago and lost it all except for 180 fpp and $.04. I quit playing for half a year and just watched vids and tried to learn more about poker. Finally, I played a 10fpp tourney to win $.80 and played the $.10 360 man from there. It is full of Donkeys (as has already been said) but if you play tight and are willing to put your chips at risk when you have a great hand, you can make some money. I'm up to about $45 now, so hopefully I'll be able to move into the dollar sngs soon.

Good luck, hope it works out!

V

vlastelinka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playing low stakes. I would recommend that you keep playing 1c/2c micro tables and just grind it up from there.

fajackta

fajackta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeh personally i would advise not to take shots at tournaments, too high variance and the 10C/25C tourneys are total luck fests anyway. If i was you id take your $10 and sit at 3-5 0.01/0.02 tables a day with $1-$2 on each table, play a nice 1hr-2hr session, youll be surprised at the profit after a few days...Good luck with your bankroll

Also, PattyR's advise is terrible imo, dont blow your whole roll on 1-2 tourneys, its high risk, and the profit isnt that great if your gonna play HU tourneys. Id say work your way up to $30 before you play any type of tournament....GL

This is 100% my advice on this. This is the exact way that i built my bank roll on every site that i play on, and it seems to have worked the best. Theres a lot of people hat swear by the freeroll method but it never seems to be fast enough for me!

My advice to anyone playing on a low deposit site is start with the min deposit amount, play at the .01/.02 or the .02/.04 cash tables, multitable it for a few weeks, play tight and aggressive. I try not to gamble too much with my roll that small, i like to keep it to the point where i only play premium hands. With especially AA i try to get all my money in preflop. It (almost) never fails! Good luck!

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management