Zoom, rush, snap etc

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chance of you getting dealt KK in any one hand is 221 to 1.
Chance of any one opponent getting dealt 2 aces pre-flop is the same, 221-1.
In a 9 player table, odds for AA vs KK is 4.32%. Its very very small.
In a 8 player table, odds for AA vs KK is 3.84%. Its very very small.
and so on....

Thats online poker, so many bad beats. You have to be used to it. You cant imagine the unimaginable. Statistics and odds are mostly thrown out.

Goodluck sir.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another, zoom/rush poker has a very high variance. You can either win big or lose big very F A S T.

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I don't play much this type of poker, because there are definately some disadvantages which I think are important in poker....
Sure, after some time you will gather some stats on players but you will never know how they were playing the last couple of hands... you cannot know if someone is on tilt for example.
Also, it is almost impossible to make notes. It's too much of a robotic play than I believe it is actualy reading your opponents, which I think is critical in poker.

Still, I know there are people who can actually make a steady profit with zoom poker, so there is hope! :)

GL!

T

tohos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens quite often. Especially feels like it happens a ton when you're playing ZOOM and going through hands very fast. Happened countless times to me. What I do to help is forget that I ever had the 2BI in the first place and tell myself that what I have is what I started with.

Also think back on the times where you were the one holding the AA instead of the KK, or the times you sucked out on someone else. Helps to remind you that coolers and suck outs goes both ways.

GL. Tough it out. You'll deal with these better when you have played more hands.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok to share you my experience... i lost more than you did... a lot more (not 2nl but 2,5,10 :))
in zoom it is very often AAvsKK or QQ vs KK since lot of people just scroll thru hands and plays AA KK QQ JJ and AK...
so when u have Kk u can expect that hes holding AA i know one guy which is very good and he started to fold KK QQ if preflop all in situation comes...
for my self i stoped using AK for that purpose...

most of money in zoom you woll make with str8,flush,and full house...
today i had like 3-4 situations QQ on Q78 board,guy shoves i call and smile,he shoves KK and turn comes 6 but river was K :eek:
so i am happier with 910s in my hands than QQ :)
definetly you can make profit in zoom,i am happy when i make 2$ --> 10$ on table than leave :)

1blanqueanu1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
The zoom mode speed poker or cash on i poker network is very good. Play table equals be playing 3 or 4 regular speed tables.
The strategy changes though.
From early position as the best is always a logical tight range of positions of theft must be more loose.
On the other hand we must take note and identify regular.
I want to clarify at the outset that such end all in pre flop with 100 bb qq against a regular basis is a bit silly.
It should be at most 3 bet zoom and no drama then fold to 3 bet if we put the 4th.
The cbet will depend on the board and villain, you should make a table of open raise and 3 bet by position eg also, greetings

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its safer ti shove AA cuz silly russkie wont play their k5o hand,and they wont make 2 pairs with it

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I've consistently seen Rockets when I see the cowboys in my hole. I'm thinking of playing more careful, never calling a shove with them unless I have a clear understanding of his or hers pushing range.
However I am having a difficult time getting action with kings when I do hit something with them.
Any pointers on that? I turn knitty and scared once I see an ace on the board aswell.
I need to get some deeper understanding in cash games in general and how to play certain situations correctly.
The donks scare the shit out of me.

Cheers

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u see A on flop,fold kk... Many people play Ax even offsuit.. And u still only have one pair... Without a set,and with A on board they arebin pretty same shape with rest of pocket pairs...

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u see A on flop,fold kk... Many people play Ax even offsuit.. And u still only have one pair... Without a set,and with A on board they arebin pretty same shape with rest of pocket pairs...

To hard to not overvalue beautiful preflop hands.
I'm getting on the right track tough.
Lost 3 pots to runner-runner flushes and straights today. God my head hurts.

Cheers

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Don't focus your thoughts on 'how unlucky am I to have KK run into AA? And what are the odds of it happening twice like that?" < this is a waste of time!
(no doubt you have a gazillion other things with your game you could be looking to focus on instead.... things that will actually change your bottomline).

Also, if you were to read through this thread how can you not see how playing micro zoom/speed/rush is going to be profitable? I mean if some of these guys who are sharing their experience on those tables are playing on them, it should be 'ez game'.

Try posting some of your HH's in the cash game thread & read through ones that have been posted by others. It'll help your thought process out.
Also, I'd suggest ignoring that member's response about KK on a AXX flop. Doesn't seem like he knows what he is talking about. ;)

stately7

stately7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What did he say? To be careful during AXX flops when you have KK. This seems fair. No, he said outright fold with those and likely all PPs. Is this the problem? Zoom is a bit spooky. I went back to normal tables online after a short visit. With some of the cool comments in this thread, i'm inspired to try again.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess poker orifice meant about me in his post...
I only play zoom 2-4 tables,i dont sugest you should insta fold KK,but rather be careful with it,if you go allin with kk preflop and lose a hand against AA or other hand thats fine, but if you 3b and other guy 4b you and on flop you see A,think about going all in at that point.
Sure i won kk,qq vs aa couple of times,but that was allin situations...
If someone go all in,i will 100% call it with hands like kk and sometimes qq.
Ill see maybe to find in hm2 how many timed i won with kk qq in allin situations preflop over 200k hands in zoom

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've just got a trial version of PT4 so hopefully I'll get better at spotting my leaks soon.
I will keep a lookout for intresting hands aswell, I seriously need help if I'm ever gonna beat this game.

Cheers and ty so much for the answers!

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've just got a trial version of PT4 so hopefully I'll get better at spotting my leaks soon.
I will keep a lookout for intresting hands aswell, I seriously need help if I'm ever gonna beat this game.

Cheers and ty so much for the answers!

whats you result so far?
few tips,dont go all in light,3bet a lot,dont overplay AK,dont call too much with AXs to see a board :)

T

TheNoobie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be successful at this, you really need to acquire as much information as you possibly could on your opponents, which means more likely to be using Pocker Tracker 4.
You can build a huge bankroll from this, but you can lose it even faster.
You need to be really careful what cards youre playing, since almost every hand goes to the point whether you need to push all of your money on the table, or fold. So you need to make sure youre playing hands worth going all in with.
Yes, you can make a profit out of it, but you can do the opposite side of that just aswell.
You need to play aggressive, raising pre-flop and trying to bluff your way to victory if you see a way to do that. Although you need to bluff much much less than in any other game, since people play only premium hands and pocket pairs if they dont get raised a lot. If you get beaten bad you better stop playing for a while and try to recover your money later or on the next day, since being on a tilt on this kind of cash game means that you can lose much more money than on a regular cash game. So avoid tilting, take notes of people, be aggressive AND cautious. There are a lot of people that just check with the nuts and letting their opponent do the raise for them.

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Button ($1.83)
SB ($3.65)
BB ($9.53)
Hero (UTG) ($3.88)
MP ($2.15)
CO ($2.32)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7
diamond.gif
, 7
club.gif

Hero raises to $0.06, 1 fold, CO calls $0.06, Button calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.26) 7
spade.gif
, 9
club.gif
, 2
heart.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, 1 fold, Button calls $0.20, 1 fold

Turn: ($0.66) 4
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.52, Button calls $0.52

River: ($1.70) 2
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1.12, Button calls $1.05 (All-In)

Total pot: $3.80 | Rake: $0.13

Results below:
Button had 9
spade.gif
, 9
diamond.gif
(full house, nines over twos).
Hero had 7
diamond.gif
, 7
club.gif
(full house, sevens over twos).
Outcome: Button won $3.67

Today's session was full of theese coolers. You wouldn't fold a full house almost to anyone here?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($2.18)
SB ($0.51)
BB ($1.32)
UTG ($1.33)
Hero (MP) ($1.54)
CO ($1.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J
club.gif
, J
diamond.gif

UTG raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, 3 folds, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.19) 4
club.gif
, 7
spade.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.14, BB calls $0.14, UTG calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.61) A
heart.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.47, BB calls $0.47, 1 fold

River: ($1.55) 2
club.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $0.65 (All-In), Hero calls $0.65

Total pot: $2.85 | Rake: $0.10

Results below:
BB had 7
club.gif
, 7
heart.gif
(four of a kind, sevens).
Hero had J
club.gif
, J
diamond.gif
(two pair, Jacks and sevens).
Outcome: BB won $2.75

K, about this one. I should have raised here pre, but I was a bit tilted from the cooler (qq vs AA again....) so I just called.
Played with this guy before, just an average calling station, so my toughts went something like this: This guy probably has nothing, I've a note on him saying he called me down to river with king high so I figured I could extract some value. Buuuut NO, he flopped quads, and I went into the trap.
BAD PLAY BY ME PRE, I know that.

Selective memory as you so nicely speak of occurs, I know, but in this game, tell me exactly how you avoid theese kind of situations?

Because they happen EVERY session. I haven't been able how to crush 2NL ZOOM, and when theese things happen I think I never will, since it takes me about 20 minutes to double up, then I just end up loosing it to a cooler (wich usually is +EV)

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Button ($0.99)
SB ($2.48)
BB ($2.24)
UTG ($3.17)
MP ($1)
Hero (CO) ($2.47)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9
diamond.gif
, 9
club.gif

UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.19) 5
spade.gif
, 3
diamond.gif
, 7
club.gif
(2 players)
UTG bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.30, UTG calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.79) Q
club.gif
(2 players)
UTG bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.50, UTG calls $0.42

River: ($1.79) 8
heart.gif
(2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $1.79 | Rake: $0.06

Results below:
UTG had Q
spade.gif
, K
club.gif
(one pair, Queens).
Hero didn't show 9
diamond.gif
, 9
club.gif
(one pair, nines).
Outcome: UTG won $1.73

That's a bonus hand... I know, should have slowed down on the turn.... Well, got my tags on him til my next session....

Please tell me what to do!

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of highly respectable poker players will tell you that its very hard to make money in zoom because you lose a lot of edges. I tend to agree with them. Some will go as far as saying that zoom "isn't even real poker", and no i'm not making this up. I don't feel like explaining all the reasons why right now but I will drop back in.
on a side note I play zone on bovada all the time and its quite a blast, I'm probably running breakeven at best even though I've had INDIVIDUAL sessions where I've cashed out up +7 or more buyins.
One of the essential components of zone is RAKEBACK. A good rakeback program in zone can be the difference between break even and profit land. I know on bovada zone helps me easily surpass the bonus milestones weekly, and I also accumulate a lot of poker points (which are lame but still DO have a cash value).

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ultimately, if your having fun playing low limit zone then I see no reason not to go for it. You won't run a $100 bankroll to 1000000 but you'll see a LOT of hands and that will make you a better player.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of highly respectable poker players will tell you that its very hard to make money in zoom because you lose a lot of edges. I tend to agree with them. Some will go as far as saying that zoom "isn't even real poker", and no i'm not making this up. I don't feel like explaining all the reasons why right now but I will drop back in.
on a side note I play zone on bovada all the time and its quite a blast, I'm probably running breakeven at best even though I've had INDIVIDUAL sessions where I've cashed out up +7 or more buyins.
One of the essential components of zone is RAKEBACK. A good rakeback program in zone can be the difference between break even and profit land. I know on bovada zone helps me easily surpass the bonus milestones weekly, and I also accumulate a lot of poker points (which are lame but still DO have a cash value).

Well this partly true,they lose edge cause its harder to read opponents... You dont see what they do in certain situations,but for microstakes i think its good,last night i opened few regular FR tables and boy it was boring... 80% nits...

Another thing is that not every player can multitable,and you will agree its very boring to play single fr table,and wait half hour for good hand... In zoom you can play 1 table all day long

stately7

stately7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of highly respectable poker players will tell you that its very hard to make money in zoom because you lose a lot of edges. I tend to agree with them. Some will go as far as saying that zoom "isn't even real poker", and no i'm not making this up.

I don't entirely disagree with the people you're paraphrasing Karozi. Low stakes fun is ok and nice and quick, but some seriously crazy swings. Saying that, I don't discount the likelihood that some higher stakes Zone/Zoom/Rush etc players are making a profit.

My Rush song goes: Fold-fold-fold-fold-fold-AK, Fold-fold-fold-fold-fold-QQ, Fold-fold-fold-fold-fold-99, Fold-fold-fold-fold-fold-AQ, Fold-fold-fold-fold-fold-JJ, Fold-fold-fold-fold-fold-AK, Fold-fold-fold-fold-fold-1010, Fold-fold-fold-fold-fold-KK - you get the idea, lol.

T

tohos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I must disagree. This may be true at high stakes but at micros it is definitely profitable. I don't really get why it is not profitable at high stakes though? if same regs are playing each other, the ones who have the edge will still have the edge no? Only difference would be that you can bumhunt and place yourself in a seat with good position on a regular table.

Bodd, your 77 and 99 hands were fine. 99 don't slow down on turn, there is a much higher chance of missing it than hitting it. You played fine.

JJ hand though, you should have checked turn. When you double barrel on the Ace, you will tend to fold out most hands that you are beating and hands that beat you, ones with a 7 or A, will not fold. There is no value in betting.

Check behind and just bluff catch, thats all JJ is on that board, a bluff catcher. River is a fold, mayb you would have found one if you had given more thought to your bet sizing instead of firing a big bet on the turn and giving yourself almost 3:1 on river. Kind of cornered yourself there imo

JJ hand well if your assessment is right then you got unlucky again. Although calling stations leading out is a sign they are strong(likely SUPER strong) and you should generally be folding marginal hands in big pots if they show strength. They (generally)don't have the guts to pull the trigger with nothing. Especially in Zoom where they don't have much history against a particular player of being pushed around.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Can you give me more info about rakeback on Bovada?