• We would love to hear your thoughts! Click here to take a short survey on your CardsChat experience: Rate Your CardsChat Experience

Forum members receive 10 VIP Chips for participating (follow instructions on form).

Is zoom profitable

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi everyone,
What’s ur opinions/experience is zoom profitable?
For me personally, any cash games have always been unprofitable. And that's why I just stopped playing them, currently I only play in tournaments and my bankroll is steadily growing. But you have to decide for yourself what to focus your attention on, and your statistics will help you with this.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi everyone,
I learned poker from the school of Claudio Davino (aka Peixe Feliz) and Nanonoko, and both players made gigantic fortunes playing Zoom Tables (Fast Play).
However, I never made one cent playing these games, because 1 table of Zoom is equal to 3 regulars tables, which means we play 3 times more blinds, 3 times more rake.
I made one single session where I’ve opened 3 Zoom tables at once and in less than an hour I lost $ 50 dollars, which has caused me a large TILT (playing NLHE 2!!!)
So I never ventured myself to play in these tables anymore, I think we gotta play many hands and be very good in reading to overcome the blinds and the rake.
Personally I do not recommend these games for any beginners. It is dangerous and can make you very angry.
Besides all of that sometimes you’ll see one or another playing sitting there with 50 buy-ins, I saw once a player with more than 100 buy-ins!!!
Which lead me to believe Zoom is a little bit rigged but I have no proof, so it’s useless to state.
I recommend to play regular tables and a few tables at a time, at maximum three tables.
I compared it to chess: only a few chess Grand Masters have the skills to defeat many players in many tables and the same goes for poker.
Nanonoko and a few enlightened ones can do it, but most of us gotta be humble and do what is more healthy and profitable to our own gameplay and style of life.
Besides, as much more hands we play, bigger the variance and bigger the chances of lack of psychological control (tilt).

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They can be profitable, but I think its more difficult to achieve higher win rates. Instead of playing individual players its like you are playing a "population".

Makarius

Makarius

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
These tables are often paired, so you need to switch over with a smaller stack with a minimum profit

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The cash games are better, because are not so fast as the zoom is. I play zoom also, but usually I leave it and prefer the cash games. Its speed means that luck has bigger roll there.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the zoom is not very good, but there is an action that attracts even weak players, a lot depends on the rake, but without leadboards and goodies, I think that it is extremely difficult to play plus

J

JCSmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play zoom almost exclusively when I'm playing cash games. It can be profitable. But it's almost a different game. People tend to fold more often and 3bet or 4bet bluff far more often. A HUD that works with zoom is essential imo. Because what you wind up with is a mix of rocks who are set mining or waiting on a big hand, and loose aggressives who are playing far more aggressive than they would in a normal game because casual players won't have a long history with them to realize what they are doing...

Once you've been playing on a level for a while, I find exploitative play is the best. Find the guys who are raising far too often and then folding to 4bets and take advantage of them. Steal/fold more often. Players can see another hand so quickly that they will often give up on hands at the first sign of resistance.

Your win rates might not be as high on zoom, but you can get in a ton of hands to make up for it.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi everyone,
Very profitable. I never make the money from poker my first rent, but i have some notes in pokerstars for example, for some guys who i started play plo z2 some years ago, and now they are playing zPLO100/200

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Despite the fact that the game speed is higher there, most likely the $/hour will be less than at regular tables...

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi everyone,
Hi.
This is an individual question. For some, such a format can be profitable, for others not. I think you have to decide for yourself whether it is worth playing such games. Personally, I have long since given up playing such games because they usually brought me only losses.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

It's da Hulkster!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
. You also play more hands per hour, so rather than having 4 regular tables running, 1-2 Zoom tables will be enough.
ALL of the zoom regs are 4-tabling. (same with on GG rush & cash, same with on partypoker FastForward). Ask me how I know.

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zoom is for sure profitable. Also a great place to fine-tune your general strategy.
However, I think regular tables are more profitable than Zoom, most of the time.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
my experience in ZOOM tournaments is not very big. I only play such tournaments 4-Max or 3-Max, there I often manage to get a profit. Players there often bluff, you have to play carefully.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

It's da Hulkster!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I learned poker from the school of Claudio Davino (aka Peixe Feliz) and Nanonoko, and both players made gigantic fortunes playing Zoom Tables (Fast Play).
However, I never made one cent playing these games, because 1 table of Zoom is equal to 3 regulars tables, which means we play 3 times more blinds, 3 times more rake.
I made one single session where I’ve opened 3 Zoom tables at once and in less than an hour I lost $ 50 dollars, which has caused me a large TILT (playing NLHE 2!!!)
So I never ventured myself to play in these tables anymore, I think we gotta play many hands and be very good in reading to overcome the blinds and the rake.
Personally I do not recommend these games for any beginners. It is dangerous and can make you very angry.
Besides all of that sometimes you’ll see one or another playing sitting there with 50 buy-ins, I saw once a player with more than 100 buy-ins!!!
Which lead me to believe Zoom is a little bit rigged but I have no proof, so it’s useless to state.
I recommend to play regular tables and a few tables at a time, at maximum three tables.
I compared it to chess: only a few chess Grand Masters have the skills to defeat many players in many tables and the same goes for poker.
Nanonoko and a few enlightened ones can do it, but most of us gotta be humble and do what is more healthy and profitable to our own gameplay and style of life.
Besides, as much more hands we play, bigger the variance and bigger the chances of lack of psychological control (tilt).

I've played *many hands of 'Rush Poker' (Z00M, SNAP, FastForward, SPEED, BlitzPoker). It's a tougher game with a lower winrate... but I LIKE IT!
(* many as in 2.5 million+ hands :rolleyes: < this is supposed to look like an 'embarassed' emoji )

I mostly 4-table these but have 6-tabled in the past on Partypoker (it had a 4-table max. but there was a way to fast click on the 5th & 6th table as you were opening up the 4th table).

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I believe it is profitable if you don't make a mistake but be careful in presenting all your chips, there are bluffers and players there

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've played *many hands of 'Rush Poker' (Z00M, SNAP, FastForward, SPEED, BlitzPoker). It's a tougher game with a lower winrate... but I LIKE IT!
(* many as in 2.5 million+ hands :rolleyes: < this is supposed to look like an 'embarassed' emoji )

I mostly 4-table these but have 6-tabled in the past on Partypoker (it had a 4-table max. but there was a way to fast click on the 5th & 6th table as you were opening up the 4th table).
Nice to read it mate, I’m glad for you. I wish I had this ability to play fast tables but I’m satisfied with the slower games of regular ones.
Cheers!

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I've played zoom, but that kind of poker doesn't suit me. I think it needs a different strategy

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In zoom, it often gives out bad beats, the dispersion is very large, but someone likes it.

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me Zoom is more profibale than reg tables. I am a fish who would get bored and start calling bets I should not on reg tables.
I can easily fold 20 hands on the trot in zoom and no one really notices, but if i did that on a reg table I would be noted as a nit and when I do raise, every body would fold haha - so for me Zoom is more profitable, plus I enjoy the format way more.
what kind limit you play in zoom and on which room PS ?

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Zoom can be profitable. Sometimes is better to play zoom than a fixed table (if you are too fish), but if you are a good player is better to play in fixed table, where your enemies will be the same for many hands.

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
You don’t have time to study your opponents, you already play with others

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes! I think that zoom games can be really profitable once you the feels for it, you can go up quick in cash games! but also you need to be well balanced on the swings you can lose your whole stack in one bad beat or a bad read! but once you get the feels for it it can very profitable!

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has been profitable for me lately, but you have to play very inspired and carefully because every player aims to hold the best cards first.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally i don't like this kind of tournament. Maybe that's why because things are happening too quick or maybe i like stable of playing and studying players how they play. In sum i don't touch those tournaments.