Is zoom profitable

D

Danm98

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone,
What’s ur opinions/experience is zoom profitable?

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The easiest way to beat reg. 9max tables, because there the fish get tired of waiting and give up faster.
In zoom, a bad hand can be quickly folded, so the fish are much slower to give up their stack.

T

THGE10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think ZOOM is profitable, but you must play in your limits to avoid unnecessary losses.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
ZOOM or fast fold poker in general is pretty much slot machine play. You lose most of your money through rake. The rest depends on whether you manage to play when a lot of bad players are on the tables or not, and how many of the other players are colluding with one another. I don't think it is profitable but it's a good way to get some volume in when you are bored.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes and the pace just make things interesting..

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

I quit playing Zoom
Never won and it is really slot machine
So never more playing zoom games at all

Rgds

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No, it really isn't ...
You win some, and then you lose much more. Rinse and repeat. Whoever came up with this system deserves a Nobel prize in marketing.

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play tight and aggresive.

Call 3 bets with 66, to JJ. Plus 89 suited connectors.

4 bet QQ to AA.

For me zoom is profitable but tiring. Whenever you feel tired. STOP! coz if you don't your profit will suck out at the end of the day

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The easiest way to beat reg. 9max tables, because there the fish get tired of waiting and give up faster. In zoom, a bad hand can be quickly folded, so the fish are much slower to give up their stack.

Pretty much this. In Zoom games the average VPIP is lower, players per flop is lower, and there is much less limping preflop. You also cant table or seat select, and its difficult to get invididual reads on opponents or develop dynamics with them. Like knowing when someone might be tilting, because they just lost a big pot. Or if your table image might be that of a maniac or nit, because you have been running hot/cold.

All of this tend to negate skill edges, and in my experience its difficult to beat the rake in Zoom games at any stakes higher than 2NL. Not saying its impossible, but winrates are certainly lower than at regular tables. So unless there is some attractive rake-back scheeme or a leaderboard to contend for, I would just stick to the regular tables. If you are considering to get into live games, then Zoom tables are also not a good practice for that, since for obvious reasons they only exist online.

The one advantage with Zoom tables, that can not be neglected, is their convenience. If the table is running, you just buy in, and you are right into the action without waiting for vacant seats or the blinds to come around to you. And when you want to leave or take a break, its equally fast to get out again. You also play more hands per hour, so rather than having 4 regular tables running, 1-2 Zoom tables will be enough.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have tried 2nl and 5nl , 6max and 9max . Now with 2nl 6max I see I have better results in specific hours , and by playing cards in a more specific tight aggressive way , . Once ylou figure this ouit for yourself , things will get easier .

B

Beniciokgm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every game is profitable if you study a good strategy and don't like to go all in a lot it will be profitable in zoom

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer Zoom poker, more fun.
I was also reading and have actiually seen it, that there is a fair amount of cheating on reg tables on 25NL and above with collision and team playing, which is impossible with fast fold I would imagine.

G

Great Big Pair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't disagree with the argument that players are more likely to get bored and make bad decisions on a standard table, but I'm going to make an argument for playing on fast fold.

Most of those very players that get bored on standard tables will eventually move to fast fold for that very reason. Yes, they won't make as many mistakes, but they will still make them.

And we have to consider the possibility that you will get bored playing standard tables and become the one making the mistakes. Most of us think that won't be us, even with evidence to the contrary, and that's a leak!

There are also other frustrations with regular tables. When you have to sit out on tables to use the bathroom or deal with something else, it takes time to finish play and then more time to wait for the BB when you return. Wasted time. Tables also break up. You're suddenly down to 3 players on one table and wondering if you're going to have to find another.

And when you do have a couple of weak players at the table, it's usually only a matter of time before the better players are bum-hunting and trying to sit down at your table. Then suddenly you have a table full of decent players. And you're looking to move tables again!

And if you're newer to the game, you might be the one being hunted! That's less likely to happen to you playing fast fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of those very players that get bored on standard tables will eventually move to fast fold for that very reason. Yes, they won't make as many mistakes, but they will still make them.

Not sure this is quite true. The fact of the matter is, there is a much lower percentage of clearly recreational players at Zoom tables. Or at least thats what my HUD is telling me after more than 50k hands on such tables. And maybe this is simply because, most recreational players dont find this format very interesting? Maybe they are missing some of those elements like dymanics, which I talked about in my last post?

Playing Zoom feel almost like playing against a computer or a robot, and maybe that is just not very appealing to recreational players in general? Not saying this is the definitive truth, but maybe its something to consider as a possible explanation for, why these games tend to be so ridiculously reg infested, as they generally are?

And we have to consider the possibility that you will get bored playing standard tables and become the one making the mistakes. Most of us think that won't be us, even with evidence to the contrary, and that's a leak!

This should not happen, if you are a serious player, because you will just add on more tables. The people getting bored are those, who only play 1 table at a time.

There are also other frustrations with regular tables. When you have to sit out on tables to use the bathroom or deal with something else, it takes time to finish play and then more time to wait for the BB when you return. Wasted time. Tables also break up. You're suddenly down to 3 players on one table and wondering if you're going to have to find another.

All of this is 100% true, and its the main reason, why I decided to move to tournaments a few years ago after having been mainly a cash game player at the beginning of my poker "career". I just got enough of all the table selection process, and I really enjoyed, that with tournaments you just sit down and play, until its over.

T

Theotate

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer playing regular tables, because I like to take notes on my opponents and try to adjust my game. This is obviously a lot easier on a regular table. Furthermore I like to select my table. The advantage with zoom is, that you can play lots of hands in a short time. But if you play some regular tables at the same time, you also play many hands.

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think ZOOM is profitable, but you must play in your limits to avoid unnecessary losses.

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The easiest way to see that zoom is profitable is to see the hands that people come to the showdown with ;-)

However, I find that the player pool is more homogeneous compared to standard cash game. In standard cashgame, after a few hands, a certain pecking order develops, which leads to some people deviating more from their natural play and therefore making more mistakes compared to the zoom format.

Therefore, in my opinion, the question of profitability is very much dependent on your handling of these circumstances.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me Zoom is more profibale than reg tables. I am a fish who would get bored and start calling bets I should not on reg tables.
I can easily fold 20 hands on the trot in zoom and no one really notices, but if i did that on a reg table I would be noted as a nit and when I do raise, every body would fold haha - so for me Zoom is more profitable, plus I enjoy the format way more.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer playing regular tables, because I like to take notes on my opponents and try to adjust my game. This is obviously a lot easier on a regular table. Furthermore I like to select my table. The advantage with zoom is, that you can play lots of hands in a short time. But if you play some regular tables at the same time, you also play many hands.

This.

I prefer regular cash games to get a rhythm.

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stopped playing there, because you can not intelligently assess the changing opponents and losses occur.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did not like the zoom very much but I once had a good experience playing one of these tournaments, when you have a lot of patience and don't let alternating tables tire you, you can get good results and good profits. I think it depends a lot on your practice in these types of tournaments. Regards.

k0k17

k0k17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At regular tables, you can not only comfortably collect the hand bases of your opponents, but also record notes about their most serious gaps in the game. In Zoom poker, you are deprived of the opportunity to watch the hands without your participation, which means that it will be much more difficult to collect information.

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Я думаю, нет.сокращает тайминги и нельзя собирать ридсы о противниках

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Danm98! I think, zoom, as the other disciplines in Poker are profitable... If these disciplines wouldn't profitable,
then these disciplines in Poker wouldn't exist! But necessary hard to work over any discipline, including and zoom! Something like that!..