You have to beat micro limits to advance and be a "good" player? Wrong in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol, no kidding. Not to mention you didn't even log 2k hands at NL...

E

eamesy4980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you're basing on your knowledge on a good 6 and 1/2 days of 1 to 2 tables? What's that like 2000 hands? Solid sample to make assumptions.
rolleyes.gif

No, im basing my knowledge on a year of 8 game profits. Ijust decided to record them on the 1st. Ive played years micro nl and know whats profitable and not. I dont need people questioning me and acting clever. I just trying help you guys. If you dont want it then fine but dont try act clever with your 6 n half days remark.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh sorry, I didn't see your years of 1 or 2 tabling behind you there. What you got like 15K hands in the bank or something?

E

eamesy4980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh sorry, I didn't see your years of 1 or 2 tabling behind you there. What you got like 15K hands in the bank or something?

Why are you trying to take the piss? Im offering advice. If you dont want take it dont. But dont try take the piss because you look a childish fool. Are you always this immature and cocky? or just when your mummy lets you have too much sugar.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are you trying to take the piss? Im offering advice. If you dont want take it dont. But dont try take the piss because you look a childish fool. Are you always this immature and cocky? or just when your mummy lets you have too much sugar.

Yes.

And I just think people deserve to know where you're coming from before they take any advice you're offering. And winning over a SMALL sample means less than nothing. I do wish you the best with it though and I hope you continue crushing for years to come.

E

eamesy4980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It isnt a small sample!! ive been playing for years and profit greatly from them. God you are thick!! Learn to read

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember when I used to be this arrogant and ill informed about my online play.

Ask Jagsty. I think he made fun of some defense of loose passive play I made concerning 2nl. I answered back about how I had a 40bb/100 winrate at 2nl over 40k hands (how I miss those days) and how he should lay off.

Well my winrate over 200k+ hands is not quite that high anymore, but I sure am glad even 20k hands is not a completely conclusive sample as my last 20k has been -4bb/100 before rakeback. :(

If it were me eamesy, I'd calm down... if you hang around here long enough you might feel silly later.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It isnt a small sample!! ive been playing for years and profit greatly from them. God you are thick!! Learn to read

So let me see if I've got this straight:

Playing for years
+
Profiting greatly
=
$600 BR ($110 of which was won in the last 6.5 days)???

Does not compute!

Please do continue changing your story though. And, yes, I do enjoy being an asshole (because I'm good at it and like to show off my mad skillz;) ).

Last edited:
atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So let me see if I've got this straight:

Playing for years
+
Profiting greatly
=
$600 BR ($110 of which was won in the last 6.5 days)???

Does not compute!

Please do continue changing your story though. And, yes, I do enjoy being an asshole (because I'm good at it and like to show off my mad skillz;) ).

You don't need mad skillz to be an asshole.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's coming WV...just wait for it.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.pokertableratings.com/stars-player-search/BlackRain79

That's one of our new coaches at dragthebar.com

Notice he has almost 2 million hands on there at stakes of .01/.02 and .02/.05 and is crushing it over 20 bb/100. I think it's safe to say it's beatable over the long run ;)

The problem is players don't understand how to exploit their opponent's mistakes. They want to play loosely preflop and bluff. That's not a profitable strategy against opponents that refuse to fold. You want to have patience, get strong starting hands and then make solid value bets. It's the foundation to good poker, and people saying you can't beat the micros simply don't even have the footers down to start making a solid foundation to play good poker. It's not understanding the very basics of the game.
Obviously all of this is fabricated. You're obviously just a shill for the poker sites who want to keep making money and luring people into their satanic cult of poker.

Obviously.

Poker is a lot like the rap game. Its all about respect, and throwing money around. At lower limits, you can't throw much money around, and you get no respect, so obviously you should never play them. Move up to where the ballas ball.

Werd.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this earnsey guy is insane, he was posting on another thread saying if you couldnt deposit 1,000 $ than your just playing for fun and not cause you want to get better/make money

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed the same thing.

For tomorrow. Just letting you know eamesy, you are making it hard to believe you. You are just like every other new poster here, complaining about how the micros are unbeatable and that they are rigged or whatever other stupid comment you or others have had about them, but the fact is, if you are playing the right type of game, you would be winning at the micros in NL. Plenty of people are, including some coaches at coaching sites, like blackrain the guy QTip(also a coach) mentioned, who you decided to completely disregard. After your complaining you go on to say that you've been crushing other stakes in other variants when you couldn't beat the micros. I'm not saying that you're not making money with the other variants, but your example didn't mean very much. Unfortunately, with the 8-Game mix you're playing, there is no way to validate what you're saying because sites like PTR don't catch those hands. What they have caught of yours though is nothing impressive, nor is it the tons of hands that you said there were...

So yea, you are getting defensive, but there is a reason for you getting the crap that you're getting. Go post some hands or read the Hand Analysis forum and learn from your mistakes at the micros and you too someday could learn and be a winner like many others are.

C

Crazykyle88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the higher the limits you go the harder they become to beat, theres no magic gap where when you step up a few levels the players become worse, and anyways bad players is where you make your money from, fair enough theres variance but this is never going to change.

I have to disagree. The higher stakes goes up, easier it is for me to win. . I can put people on ranges I can bluff at these opponents and etc. On microstakes where People are calling with any two cards, it’s near impossible to bluff and it’s near impossible to put people on ranges. It’s pure BINGO poker. Pure luck. It’s way easier to play stupid when you’re playing 2NL vs 200NL. However, it doesn’t matter how high the stakes, someone is the donk on the table and those are the people you want to take advantage, but when everyone is playing like idiots all in festival you can’t win.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are players who call anything, then willingly risk bigger bets more often... You will be on upper end of the situation against the loose passive player more often than not. Lose big, win big just make the wins much more frequent.

You are thinking you need to bet proportional to your hand strength but abc poker is flawed for this very reason. You need to adjust your betting sizes to the mental understanding of sizing that is shown by your opponents.

Against loose passive players, you need to become much more aggressive and overbet regularly. Not looser, just more aggro.

Status
Not open for further replies.