Why does it happen too often?

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feel lucky that it's happen so frequently because in poker the numbers always even out. You due for a nice run of not having KK meet they're Prefolp Kryptonite. Use these things as a positive. Look into advancing the mental side of your game to prepare for variance.

BilNicholson

BilNicholson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't seem to happen too much in y opinion.

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question brings up unhappy memories.

A few years back I beat 5K players in a step tourney, and then 5K players again to win a $5K buyin to an early NAPT tournament held at the Venetian in Las Vegas. If I remember correctly, there was $4.8 M in the prize pool.

I had been having a decent run on the first day and had about an hour till the day concluded when I picked KK. I was 2 seats ahead of the button and with all limpers I pre-flop raised 9x BB. Got two takers. Flop was nothing rainbow and I pushed half my stack in. One fold and one call. 4th street was blank and the balance went in the middle.

The opponent was Fabrice Soulier. He puzzled it out for a couple of minutes, shrugged his shoulders and shoved. Then he turned over AA, which he had slow played all through.

I did not catch a K on the river.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With me just yesterday, this happened in pokerstars KK vs AA! I'm not angry, smiling with their RNG!

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This scenario does happen to people some more than others. I've had KK and my opponent has had AA probably close to 20 times in the past. It's just an unfortunate situation preflop and I know that I'm not folding the KK preflop there is just no way I could.

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against 5 opponents chances are 2.40% or a little below 1 in 40. Against 8 opponents 3.85% or a little below 1 in 25.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
or he just bluffed your socks off....

Poker is an ART not a SCIENCE

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great players make great folds. :cool:

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The hard part is finding the crystal ball that tells you what cards that guy has. I think we can all share stories about what you are saying. ... but not maybe 100s of times.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You know, it seems like that happens a lot. If you think about it, those are the hands worth betting it all. Sevens vs. sixes happen as often but you're less likely to be all in and notice how unfair it seems.

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great players make great folds. :cool:

Absolutely!

I've had my fair share of getting QQ or KK and opponent would have AA -- or even vice versa. I've both won & lost having the AA, depending on the community cards. These kind of "show downs" do seem to happen a lot more frequently online.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Impressive to happen 100 times. I think that both AA and KK are just couples and need attention when you get them, because they can leed to big profits, but also to big problems!

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play a lot of poker hands it may seem that KK vs AA happens a lot, but it's all variance related. The result of getting coolered with Kings vs Aces lingers over the fact that you probably haven't been in that situation in the previous 500+ hands.

Kings is a very hard hand to get away from preflop versus aggression unless you truly know that the other person is only capable of 3 betting / 4 betting Aces.