Why A5s is better than AJ0 - GTO Wizard

JOAOSEVERINO11

JOAOSEVERINO11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Guys do you know, why A5s is better than AJ0 in this spot ?

Gto wizard

JOAOSEVERINO11

JOAOSEVERINO11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
A5s não bloqueia o par de valetes, então o vilão pode ter JJ. Mas com AJ é menos provável que ele tenha JJ.
I understand that at this point the BB should open 4-bet only with premium hands, it is unlikely that he would try to steal the pot by bluffing

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
this is just the example you chose as an example, so if you choose another example, it will be different, and if you have this particular example, then the flash options there are a reason

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's very simple: since already invested 12BB, it is profitable to call due to pot odds with certain hands. So, AJo hand is not included in the list of these hands, because heavily dominated: if a jack comes, you will lose with top pair with top kicker to hands AA/KK/QQ/JJ, and if an ace comes, you will lose with top pair to hands AK and maybe sometimes to AQs.

And if you call with A5s, then there is a chance to win if a good board comes, and if an ace comes and your opponent bets actively, then you will just fold and not lose too much.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'll just say my guess, maybe because more combinations are possible with A5s)

JOAOSEVERINO11

JOAOSEVERINO11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It's very simple: since already invested 12BB, it is profitable to call due to pot odds with certain hands. So, AJo hand is not included in the list of these hands, because heavily dominated: if a jack comes, you will lose with top pair with top kicker to hands AA/KK/QQ/JJ, and if an ace comes, you will lose with top pair to hands AK and maybe sometimes to AQs.

And if you call with A5s, then there is a chance to win if a good board comes, and if an ace comes and your opponent bets actively, then you will just fold and not lose too much.
Thanks BelFish, your reading helped me understand this hand better. I will lose less blinds, thank you very much.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont understand this tool ....whats going on here lol

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
i dont understand this tool ....whats going on here lol

There shows what to do with the whole range preflop depending on the action from the opponents, i.e. how to play each hand of the range...