makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You must have a plan before you start playing, about what are you going to play, what amount and know about how long it will take. This way you have the right mesure in your game which makes your bankroll safer and you calmer!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I didn’t like to play cash, I kept my tactics so as not to lose money. If I lose half of the money taken at the table, then I leave and do not sit down that day. If I double, then I sit down at another table. Thereby keeping the profit.

A

alannalmeida

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bro`i have the same problem

Recently i've lost all my money because this, so now, i'm practicing my way to play without lose my mind, for example when lost some valuable table. For example now, i promised to myself I just want to add more funds after i'm cure me of that shit to be so impulsive after I loose, so far i just have playing freerolls. That is my way to try learn something with my mistakes

I

ilucha228

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One professional advised - Set yourself a condition that when you reach a certain amount, you will end the session. Or you can play for a certain time and then end the session. I stick to these rules.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
make a plan before, get in the game! example 10 $ I will spend and if I am 15 $ profit I left the table !! plan how many buy-in you will be doing during the hours Qur will play .. finally create a plan before entering the tables to play this will ajudar..e you will not let the losses be great. good luck man

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stop session, when I am tilted or tired.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is best to have a set schedule but you can also for when you feel tired or on a bad streak

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually stop a session when I see two badbeats .. a badbeats can turn out to be a bad signal but with two you can be sure that many more will come in that session .. the reasons are known by all those who have more than 5 years in this business ..

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have problems with tilt, I'm studying ways of not suffering from it, I'm getting better, at first any badbeat drove me crazy. This made me break 2 times, my bankroll was not too much, but I broke because of the tilt.

F

Fantomas2000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop the session when your cashier show you “zero”. Its very extremely strategy.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should stop playing when you tilt it is so important to control the tilt, such as controlling the bank, remember when Victor Blom lost money by playing tilt.
I have also met some friends who have asked a lot of money to play when tilt, the desire to want to recover the lost money, make them play badly, make bad decisions and continue to lose money.

F

fezjones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm up one full buy in or more I leave promptly

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes it happens that I haven't been in a good mood for several days
there was always a bad result
Now I try to avoid it[emoji33] [emoji33] [emoji33]

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have to stop when you start making plays out of your game pattern

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can proto a friend, and go for a beer.))) These you distract yourself)

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hi guys. My question is WHEN to stop the session. when you got huge pot? when your on tilt?lose few buyins?
Im asking this question because I have some experience.I play cashgame and keep winning
at that time.There are some fish.But since when I lose huge pot especially with bad beats,I get into tilt and keep losing the amount which I won.Then the final result of that day is tie.lol Maybe I have mentally problem and I know it. But I should make some standard to stop the session.Kindly give your advice or experience.Thank you!

Hi!

I usually stop playing when I get tired.

Thank you too!

:bebored::)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I usually stop playing when I get tired.

Thank you too!

:bebored::)
My last time is this: the game is going badly, I need a break, but again and again I am drawn to the game. like a drug. [emoji32][emoji32][emoji32][emoji43][emoji43][emoji43][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

kddy

kddy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think one should stop when he starts to play very badly, and I do not mean to have bad luck, but when we start making bad decisions, or we start playing emotionally

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should stop playing when:

On tilt
Tired
Drunk
Not feeling well
Making bad moves because of your mind is somewhere else

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play x amount of time every day and stick to the plan. else, stop when tilted

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. My question is WHEN to stop the session. when you got huge pot? when your on tilt?lose few buyins?
Im asking this question because I have some experience.I play cashgame and keep winning
at that time.There are some fish.But since when I lose huge pot especially with bad beats,I get into tilt and keep losing the amount which I won.Then the final result of that day is tie.lol Maybe I have mentally problem and I know it. But I should make some standard to stop the session.Kindly give your advice or experience.Thank you!
Hi. The book the mental game of poker will help you greatly with this.

You can't stop a session because of tilt. Tilt is a part of the game so stopping because of tilt will only cause you to tilt me and leave money on the table every time.

Having a monetary target in mind will make you very risk averse as you near that target and it can be very devastating to lose a huge pot when you are or were only 30 dollars off of your target. This can cause you to gamble more. Might work well sometimes but will almost always cost you.

The best goal you can have for stopping is time plus the game itself. Sure you have a vague monetary target such as 2 or 3 buy ins but it is very important not to make that your focus. Your stop time should still be determined by time and if while playing you get the vaguely set target of x-buy in. Even if it's 5 minutes in then your options are open, if the game looks tough then leave and come back when the game is easier but if the game is easy the for sure stuck around.

If while playing, the table slowly gets tougher as weaker opponents leave. Even if you are down cause you are now risking what you have for what you had. It is fine to leave.
You have nothing to prove. At the end of the day poker is about realizing edges and pushing them. Which means you should always try to play worse players.
The only time you should really be playing a tough table is for educational purposes only.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I can, I stop when I am winning and new players enter the game who are playing very aggressively. It takes me a while to learn when they are real or bluffing, whether there is subtle collusion, or whether their action will wear me down as I am probably already tired. In addition I have already established how I represent my hands to my advantage and this will be lost on new aggressive players. Good luck.