What's your Strategy?

• Total voters
reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how my opponents are playing, and how much ive had to drink :)

rule #2 don't get seated just left of TenBob.

Of all the folks here I've played a lot of tables with, TB gotta be the toughest for me to read of all y'all.

B

broncos53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am loose agressive but have alot to learn about poker still

P

PoochMasterFlex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell me more about this kamikazi style.

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By my Poker Office rules I am Semi-Loose Aggressive. My VP$IP is 23. Which means that there are times when I'm in the single digits and others when I'm in the 30's.

I

i win sometimes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Books? You mean somebody wrote all this down?

no, theres books that explain the concepts and variety of situations you encounter at the tables and tips on how to play them, how to read opponents, and figure out the math behind the game.

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On Monday, mundane
On Tuesday, tight
On Wednesday, wild
On Thursday, I be the thrasher
On Friday, I don't play much cause it is SciFriday and I watch TV
Its a sit down Saturday
and a sedate Sunday.

i likke it.

i generally try to play tight-aggressive, but i will definately adapt to my table. if they're a bunch of tight-wads ill go LAG-ish, if theyre a bunch of mo-mo's ill go a-hole tight aggressive (god knows they dont pay attn at the limits i play at). so it really just depends on my table.

M

mechanic one

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say all of the above at just about any given time.I'm not that good yet to answer.I'm still trying to figuer it out.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My strategy is opposite. I play opposite the table. If the table is loose I play tight and vicea versa. If the table is soft I double my raises preflop. I love hitting a set on a small pair and busting a tight aggressive who has been treading water for a half hour waiting to bet AA or KK. Then again if there is a maniac on the table, I will call him down with a big hand and let him do the betting for me. The toughest table to play is a mixture. 2 TAGs, a maniac and a couple of solid reactive players is a table that is tough to beat.

K

Kymi10

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My style pretty much depends on what I'm playing.

No Limit Hold'em - semi-looseaggressive
Fixed Limit Hold'em - Tight aggressive
7 card stud - super tight

but overall I think I'm just a donkey.:hmmmm2:

P

phatjose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kamikaze is like that scene in spaceballs where Rick Moranis is saying light speed is too slow, we need to go right to ludicrous speed.

As for me, I am fairly tight, although I will really loosen up based on my table. I have, at times, played down right maniac style. I also try and cultivate an image that is similar to what the rest of the table is playing like. If they are tight, I will send off a tight image. If they are loose, I will send off a loose image, while not actually playing those styles. Makes it much easier to make moves if you do that. And the great thing is, far too many people just stick with their first impression, so it really only takes like 4-5 hands to create an image, and then just casually reinforce it from time to time.

K

kesc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it depends on what game I'm at... I usually try to play tight aggressive, or passive. Lately I've found myself playing loose aggressive, but I'm trying to get that out of me, since it wins me a small pot every now and then, but loses me a lot more.

And I think why tight aggressive is such a common answer, and yet it is so rarely seen from other players, is because everyone has their own opinion to what that is. I've seen so many conversations where people are thinking that they are playing to tight, and in my opinion, it's not even close...

riverboatrat

riverboatrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at different times during a tourney I change gears into different styles

I normally start off tag and for the 1st hour or so only get involved in hands where I have a monster, this is to allow the donks to take each other out with weird hands.

If I am above average stacked after an hour, I'll change a bit to lag, if I am monster stacked I either play very tight or I loosten up and bully my way around and try to get even more chips.

as we approach the bubble, I tighten up against players with larger stacks and bully anyone with a smaller stack with very aggressive play.

after the bubble I loosten up as those people with tiny stacks who inched over the money line and are short stacked are going to try and double through and call with silly hands, then I tighten up again and inch my way to final table.

carmont

carmont

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My play is different too.
Depends on how many are playing their hand, the odds, my cards..
You know the drill..
What are the stakes at moment..
All hands and Blinds put us in different situations and so.. I mix it up by that.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I voted 'Other', but the last thing I'm gonna do is tell you sharks what my 'other' means!;)

baxterdog21

baxterdog21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to play T&A in the beginning of tourneys, but i'v gone a bit maniac in the near end. I get overly enthusiastic with spanking bullies and sometimes get in trouble

V

VassagoRox

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play small stake SnGs on fulltiltpoker . I always start tight at the beginning.I think its the only way of playing no matter the stake..If you can build your stack somewhat then you have some "maneuvering room" and so u can play poker after that ,shift gears,tigh-loose-maniacal,tight again loose again..which style will get you to money

CubanaD64

CubanaD64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just picked "other" because I (try to) adjust to my opponents. In general, when I play SNG's or tournaments, I play tight aggressive in the early stages and gradually get looser, but for the most part i try to vary my style and play my opponents.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on:
opponents,
cards,
play of the table,
if the cards speak to me,
good mood/bad mood,
cash/tourney

and probably some other reasons lol :D

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to be the conservative aggressive type. I try to constantly think of only betting 2 pair or better depending on the situation and/or number of people in the hand. I also try to keep in mind that I need to at least hit my hand of 71% of a made hand to continue on playing. Not that it is always neccesary to do this because there are times you have to play the player and not the cards.

Basically if I have a hand I will bet it, if I don't check it. However the check raise option comes into play if and when other players are actually paying attention to me previously.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm passive-aggressive, i mean, I really hate to raise, unless i have to, but love to call raises, with decent cards, If that makes any sense.

Hard2Handle

Hard2Handle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just straight up LOOSE as a goose.