Whats the best way to start a bankroll?

A

ashershi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check out Doylesroom. They have about 5x $500 and 5x $200 freerolls everyday. I have cashed a few times in them. But yeah, like others said, play in the CC freerolls. ( I can't yet until 50 :( )

J

jassonsan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
perphaps with no deposit bonuses, but I preffer freerolls

ripclawph

ripclawph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im a freeroll player back then until i won some money, $5 if i remember it correctly. i played once in a 18 player sng and placed 1st. since then with a $14 to work with... im playing those micro sng's until today. i made about $190 for about 6months time now. withdrew $100 and now i have about $60 left but still composing myself and trying to avoid tilting.

cardschat freeroll are one of the best i played, specially, since they increased the quota for 50 post. even better are the buy-ins with added cash. my biggest online win is here so i am very thankful to cardschat for setting up such tourney... cheers!!!

tertip

tertip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play some freerolls make it in the money when you have collect some $ then try to play low stack sit&go's, its a good way to learn poker and have fun at the same time.
after you make your bankroll you can play what you want but be carefull its not easy to make a new one wtihout depositing :)

K

kass_i3

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take advantage of the 1oo% deposit bonus the pokersite you are planning to play... or you could play on their freerolls...

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once had a good amount of money of FullTilt, had a bad run and went broke, the freerolls are extremely time consuming and it is difficult to get in the money, any easier ways of making a bankroll from zero without depositing cash. Any other good sites that have good freerolls?
I'm inna .10cent tourny at PS in 20 minutes! Now there ar like 2000 players so far in it, but it's got $50 added and 2000 times .10cents each is ALOTTA DIMES! But with patience and solid TAG playing it IS possable to make it ITM! Who knows? Could even take it ALL!:p

RISKY 101

RISKY 101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is a small freeroll on FT.. The catch is u need 500,000 play chips.. only about 40 players every day and final table is paid.... not too hard some decent players as well as some donks....also the new turbo freerolls take 2 hours to cash in....

konawajim

konawajim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once had a good amount of money of FullTilt, had a bad run and went broke, the freerolls are extremely time consuming and it is difficult to get in the money, any easier ways of making a bankroll from zero without depositing cash. Any other good sites that have good freerolls?
I would have to say cardchat freerolls, Since they require 50 post to get the password the amount of people playing make it a great place to start a bankroll

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You want the truth about how to build a bankroll? I'll tell you. The best way, bar NONE is to get a job. It's not what you wanna hear, but it's the best way. Obv you get money quicker, and if you're working you don't have to rely solely on poker for all your monetary needs.

Of course if you're asking about starting a bankroll, you likely have no needs, since you'd have a job already and this would be a moot point. Any kind of part time thing, even if it's just 2 days a week will have you a bankroll in no time.

M

macfulltilt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
personally, i'd rather stick with freerolls to increase my bankroll and it will take time and patience, and yes "Bankroll management" set a goal for it, like wait until ya have 200$ total then play in the 4 +1$ games or whatever.. I really can't afford to deposit money into anything at all, so if you can go for it, but ask ya self do you really wana risk it that way.. and yes the donkish players, watch for them, but if you play smart and i have beaten alot of donkish players this way, only when i have a really really good hand..
Just my 2 Cents.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you already said you blew yr BR, so BRM is number one. After that, deposit and build, do the bonus whore thing (works best in limit split pot games), and play FRs and buyins with overlays like those here at CC for learning and profit.
Your real concern should be how to hang on to and grow a BR, not how to start one.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That same thing happened to me, I went from winning $5 in a freeroll up to $500 dollars, then when i got bad beated, i wanted to win it back and played too high of stakes. All that was in about a day.

You have to stick to stakes that your bankroll can hold. You shouldn't be able to go broke in a day or 2. If you are a good online player and you play at the right stakes, you should see profit over a little bit of time.
You need better BRM
for some one starting out i see 1% of your BR

Seriously, i had 0$ once on pokerstars. I placed in top 99 advanced to 2nd round finished 70th give or take a few. Won like 3$ I played some 1.25$ singles, built it to about 11$ played a 4.40$, my first one i played, i won! 180 player tourney! i won i think 225$ give or take a few, i built it even more! 275$ then one day, i went crazy, i kept getting bad beats, i got down to 180$ and that pissed me off ALOT! so i played 50$+2$ single 1v1. and i lost 3 straight! down to 30$ and i played 3 10$ tourneys, didnt place once!!!!!!!! all in about 4-5 hours i lost all 275$ I have not won a penny since! been like 2 months, i cant place in a freeroll. It is EXTREMELY hard to start up a bankroll, i cant do it anymore, toooooo hard.
This ^^^^^ is not how to do BRM this will only kill your BR and stop playing when you get mad....
unless you can do something at that table to make you lol.....:cool:

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you absolutely want to try to do it through freerolls, try to get into one of the cardschat or the usa vs canada ones on stars

cc ones obv have a decent payout to players ratio and the other ones pay 5 bucks to the top 150
i played one this week and made it to the second round and got 5 bucks to do it, lol

pugsley37

pugsley37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is i great question but i have found the answer: here is what i did.....

first i went to the local boxing gym and found the best boxer there and gave him 100 bucks to do me a favor..... What i asked him to do was dress as a bum and fight 1 fight on bum fights and i would split the winnings with him.

then i went to the local loan shark and got a 5k loan and bet it all on the fight.... my bum WONand i took in 10k. but after paying the loan shark 90% (cause they are so mean) and paying my boxer i was left with 100 dollars. the wife found out about it and took 50 so after all was said and done i gave the boxer 25 more to stand over me and make sure i managed my cash i the deposited 25 on stars.

So gl and watch out for the evil boxers that like to take all the moneys other then all this all i can say is what chiefer said BANKROLL MANAGMENT

C

corund

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Really, freerolls is the best way to make a bank for starting.
I have made it already on bodog.
Singe table freerolls also have helped me to start on Betraiser .
Now I am going to make the same on poker stars.

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're not an american you can try the free no deposit offers, i recently got a $50 free start cash on full tilt, you have to met the requeriments only, no deposit, no credit cards.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are great practice at increasing your poker skills and it takes tons of patience and time we dont all have the time to do it but if you do its great and personally I seem to do better on freerolls than I do in buy ins sounds crazy I know

Goodwooter

Goodwooter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id have to disagree with you from the start....a site like cardschat or a few similar sites that hold freerolls for members regularly are a great way to start a bankroll...it takes about 2 hours to hit the cash and 4 or 5 hours to hit the final table...i have a health BR on both FT and PS and i have never EVER deposited on either..and ya know what, i still play the freerolls to work on my game at no cost...so fight through the first 30 minutes of donkfest, dont get discouraged when you see a stack of 20000 and yours is still at 1400, cuz its easy to use attrition and work your way back up

mjdavinci

mjdavinci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is one hard way to build a bankroll, but it can be done. You will also learn alot from watching how some of these people play, who think they can play this game. It will help to sharpen your skills in paying attention to the players and learn what not to do. How to read what cards people are playing. But this also the cheapest way to do it. I have built my bankroll up to $40.00 on two sites just by playing in the freerolls. It is very time consuming though. Have fun!

A

ammo12180

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found that some of the private freerolls are a little easier to get payouts on because there aren't so many people playing in them. It sometimes takes time to find the passwords for these freerolls but it can be well worth the time.

T

thejuanupsman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found it to be relatively easy to build a small bankroll from freerolls. Usually taking the small amounts I won in freerolls and playing the 10 cent rebuy or the ferguson on full tilt. Both can be donkfests but can be profitable if you play a somewhat tight and patient game.

ZZFLOP

ZZFLOP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are great practice at increasing your poker skills and it takes tons of patience and time we dont all have the time to do it but if you do its great and personally I seem to do better on freerolls than I do in buy ins sounds crazy I know

Same here, the trick is playing as relaxed as it were a fr, I sometimes find myself playing too tight in a regular buy-in tourney. No matter how low the buy-in I hate losing money.

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Way back in my non-depositing days I found that the best way to play a freeroll is to join it, walk away, and come back in a half hour. You will only have about 800-1000 chips but if your a good player it should be enough to get you into the payouts. Plus you will notice that half the players are already out of the tourney which eliminates most of the donkeys in there.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management