What would u do holdem situation quiz???

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Chuck, I know what you mean!!!

I think with me only playing Poker for 6 months I think I am finding it hard to come to terms with the bad beats.

I agreed 100% that if you go all in with 72o against one opponent the worst position you can be in is about 20% to win? (correct me if I`m wrong 72o v AA?) Therefore 72o will beat AA once in every 5.

It could be down to my play, or it could be down to nothing more than the probabilities.

In a funny way, the money does not bother me that much, it`s the success I want. Therefore when I`m hit by a bad beat and it seems I have done everything right after playing in a tourny for about 3 hours it hurts me more than the muppetts u mention who are just throwing their money in and hoping for the cards to hit. I want to be number one at my chosen site!!!

I am going to start another thread which will go into this in more detail.

Thanks for all your comments guys, really a great help to a novice !!!

Ronaldadio

Vintage82

Vintage82

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ronaldadio said:
In a funny way, the money does not bother me that much, it`s the success I want. Therefore when I`m hit by a bad beat and it seems I have done everything right after playing in a tourny for about 3 hours it hurts me more than the muppetts u mention who are just throwing their money in and hoping for the cards to hit. I want to be number one at my chosen site!!!

Unfortunately thats poker mate, although I find what has helped my development most is not worrying about the outcome of the hand, just that I played it correctly and now that if I do the same thing in the same situation I'll be winning overall.

J

jokkeman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. All in
2. Rerasie to 3k-4k
3. I'd push All in

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ronaldadio said:
OK, this is what happened:-

1. I pushed all in. He called with A4. He caught trip 4`s on river. - Lost
  2. I pushed all in. He calls and turns over AA.- Lost
  3. I pushed all in. Chip leader calls with...AA - lost
Luck again???

Bad Luck, absolutely.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Because you are the aggressor, the flop needs a continuation bet from you.
2.Throw a raise back at him... remember he is still 1st to act.. My motto and everyone knows this.. you always need a hand to fight with coming out of the SB.
3. Push reason being its the 2nd best starting pre flop hand, you have position, not much more here that can beat you... make your opponents make a decision not you.

poettic1

poettic1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man every likes power here no finess at all anywhere on this site. that said, you didn't give anyone any choices here .

PULL THE TRIGGER. why? on all three it is the choice that will net you the best of it.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules