What have you learned playing poker on-line?

poKerPlayer2oo9

poKerPlayer2oo9

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"One thing I have learned the "hard way" is that your "mind" needs to be on poker when you do decide to play, not preoccupied with other things and your "attitude" needs to be focused and positive.

Otherwise, you will LOSE and not enjoy playing poker...these two things are linked....if you are not enjoying the poker game, you will lose and if you lose, you won't be enjoying the game!

Take breaks away from poker when you cannot do these 2 simple things.

Wally
Hmmm , you are right.If you're mind is at other things for sure that you wil lose.Or guys you know I don't understand.I know some guys that are playing in the same time at 4-5 tables and they win.I don't understand how they can win at 4-5 tables in the same time.It is imposible ! Of course that also you have to be optimistic :D And you know what I learnt from online poker ? Online you see more bad beats with this softwares :)

T

tdude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has made me look for different flaws or tells in my opponents when I play live poker. Obviously in online poker you are not able to see facial expressions, but you can judge how long someone takes to make a call or how they bet in certain situations. These aspects also apply to live poker. Instead of just looking at the faces of my opponents when I play live, I also look for tells that I would look for in online poker. Online poker has increased my awareness.

I

Intense

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started playing poker online, I thought I was "the best" and could never be beat and if I lost it was a fluke. It took me awhile to learn that even the best cant win every tournament. Just to clarifiy, I know there our better pokers out there then me, but I believe I can give anyone a run for there money. I don't get intimidated at the tables.

ciukster

ciukster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive learnt that the term donkey is used way too regularly.

also that satelites usually arent worth the effort