What change has made the biggest improvement to your game?

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The change that helped my game the most?

When I changed to Haynes Comfort Fit.

-

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here are a few that come to mind.

- Playing a much tighter preflop range.

-ALWAYS being positionally aware before acting.

- Folding more often
( esp second pairs to second barrels on the turn, if not the flop)

-Actually putting villain on some kind of range that would play the hand that way.

- Altering my bet sizes.I used to bet too small for value. Esp the c-bet on the flop when i would hit TPTK. Instead of betting 50% for value, i now bet 80% and have seen
huge changes.( not getting enough value from your strong hands is a form of losing)

- Not being aggressive with no made hand or strong draw has made a difference.

-Stopped floating flops with total air.( or random overcards)

- Checking a street for pot control when i think my hand is probably best but sense someone might have a set or a better hand due to calling a huge bet on a dry board. Ain't no shame in check calling if you think you might be beat or wanna see a cheaper river cause things just got a little scarier .

- and the most important one: LEARN TO REALIZE WHEN YOU ARE BEAT AND LET IT GO.

these pretty much helped my game improve alot.

Last edited:
DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks draza, will have a look

Any time #,
green book is a great as first poker book that imo every beginner should read.
If you looking for a specific micro stake book that it should be crushing the microstakes by Nathan Williams and polished poker by John A, both you can find here on this forum, polished poker is free e book and John A have his study group on this forum...

For bit higher cash stakes i saw that people advising harrington on online cash 6-max...

B

barkozi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing to improve your games and moves is to analyze your session. Both good and bad decisions. I like watching poker movies like : million dollar cash game, poker after dark, premier poker league etc --> good way to improve our game. I always try to make decisions like pros have to make and its good way too. What more ? maybe some interesting books like : Read 'em and Reap written by Phil Hellmuth or Doyles Brunson : Super System. Personally I recommend HM, statistics in games can be crucial to achieve profit.

S

Swickster007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being involved with a forum has helped me in poker, but the main thing is patience and knowing when you are beat. Folding pocket Kings when an ace comes on the flop is always hard, but sometimes it's the best bet. Patience allows you to do so knowing that another hand will come and you'll be the one with the aces.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What ever i did i am still loosing player :-(
Yes i play tight,yes i am aggressive,but in 2nl too much funny things happen,guess brake will do good

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reading the section in Sklansky's books on "poker for bad players" :)

I'm hopeless as a player, will never be a good player, but I do aim to be the best of the bad players :)

Actually, before I read that, it turns out I had worked out the main part of the Sklansky-Chubukov numbers by myself, using a calculator. only to find Sklansky had thought of that idea and published the results many years before. Also his numbers were more accurate. But because I had worked them out myself, I understood them much better than if I had just copied them from his book :)

Top 10 Games