****Vinylspiros smashEMup@5NL***thread

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I remember a thread he made about a final table he had where he went out 9th with flopped set vs flush or something like that for just a bit less then 1K

Yea, great memory man. That was pretty much the highlight of my tourney life. 13 k field. Was 2nd with super short stacks and went out ninth cause of the hand u described. Oh well....:)

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I have been grinding a lot so I reduced posting, but am still lurking :)

Moved to 10NL last month and broke even, which was pretty good all things considered.

This month managed to maintain 2k hands per day with 6.1 bb/100 EV adjusted win rate (while running well above EV for the 1st time in a long while, 9.9 bb/100 total win rate which is pretty insane for someone who basically broke even at 5NL)... kind of hoping I can do this in October too so I can try 25NL in November :) getting to 20% rakeback definitely helps!

I am finding 10NL easier than 5NL, which may be due to better luck or maybe I simply improved a bit... can't really say :confused: not getting coolered nonstop is better for piece of mind, that much is certain.

I still managed to run a flopped set into a flopped straight flush (75s) for 190bb, that was fun :D :D :D totally reminded me of 5NL :D :D :D

There are some players in 10NL that are just incredibly bad... I mean mass spewing 2NL style. I won 8 buyins from a guy who runs 47 / 32, AF 4.1 (63%!), cbets 86% and also donk bets 60% (!!!). At first I seriously didn't know what to do against him :D then I adjusted... ;) fun times!

Last edited:
vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I have been grinding a lot so I reduced posting, but I am still lurking :)

I moved to 10NL last month and broke even, which was pretty good all things considered.

This month I managed to maintain 2k hands per day with 6.1 bb/100 win rate (while running well above EV for the 1st time in a long while, 9.9 bb/100 total win rate which is kind of insane for me)... kind of hoping I can do this in October too so I can try 25NL :) getting to 20% rakeback definitely helps!

I am finding 10NL easier than 5NL, which may be due to better luck or maybe I simply improved a bit... can't really say :confused: not getting coolered nonstop is better for piece of mind, that much is certain. Also there are some players in 10NL that are just incredibly bad... I mean mass spewing 2NL style.

Good to hear man. It sounds like you have really put alot of effort in improving your game and its great that the hard work is paying off. I'm going to have to agree about the 10NL being easier than 5 NL cause i myself have better results at that level.

Good luck in october, hope you get to 25NL . Which im prettty sure you will(being a bankroll nit and all):p

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I edited the above post a bit :) thanks, yeah I went through ALL big pots from August and just analyzed WTF was happening there... OK I did have 3 - 18 score in set-over-set situations (ouch!) but there was a lot of garbage there too, some of it tilt due to the whole set issue which really shook my confidence with sets.

Edit: I am mostly playing 6 tables and am trying to think about ranges etc., I think it helps a lot but only with TAGs/nits. I gave up on ranging fish... **** it :D Also I learned when NOT to cbet and also I figured out somewhat how to combat habitual floaters when I am OOP... although I still detest playing OOP and I suck at it.

If it helps, my approach is based on small strategy changes every 10-15 days, trying to fine tune and find balance in my game... I do it manually since it seems that I mostly bleed money in some individual situations and bulk analysis just doesn't find it.

For example, if you think you are sometimes overly aggro then you can try to just take all these individual hands and figure out what might be the problem... bulk analysis shows you are overly passive on average but if your losses are mainly due to wrong aggression then this is possibly the bigger leak right now. Seems contradictory but it is how it is. Also I am a bit skeptical about playing zoom a lot, maybe it is not ideal for learning but I guess you can judge it better and if you are winning then who cares :)

Last edited:
vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
12k FIELD. so close yet so far. :( 17th. was second but My kk versus someones AJ broke and then it was like ughhhhhh. was hoping i could pull off 2 monster freeroll wins in the same month. :(:(

ScreenHunter 60 Sep 23 2036

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harsh, ul, that's why I don't play tourneys - 4 1/2 hours to get so close and win virtually nothing

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Harsh, ul, that's why I don't play tourneys - 4 1/2 hours to get so close and win virtually nothing

yea man, its nothing at all. felt good about the deep run but not making more than 50 at least was a bummer. OH,WELL. I think im gonna be depositing some bigger money next month and try out some more "serious" tourneys cause if i run good in them these places will be paying out a bit better.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I edited the above post a bit :) thanks, yeah I went through ALL big pots from August and just analyzed WTF was happening there... OK I did have 3 - 18 score in set-over-set situations (ouch!) but there was a lot of garbage there too, some of it tilt due to the whole set issue which really shook my confidence with sets.

Edit: I am mostly playing 6 tables and am trying to think about ranges etc., I think it helps a lot but only with TAGs/nits. I gave up on ranging fish... **** it :D Also I learned when NOT to cbet and also I figured out somewhat how to combat habitual floaters when I am OOP... although I still detest playing OOP and I suck at it.

If it helps, my approach is based on small strategy changes every 10-15 days, trying to fine tune and find balance in my game... I do it manually since it seems that I mostly bleed money in some individual situations and bulk analysis just doesn't find it.

For example, if you think you are sometimes overly aggro then you can try to just take all these individual hands and figure out what might be the problem... bulk analysis shows you are overly passive on average but if your losses are mainly due to wrong aggression then this is possibly the bigger leak right now. Seems contradictory but it is how it is. Also I am a bit skeptical about playing zoom a lot, maybe it is not ideal for learning but I guess you can judge it better and if you are winning then who cares :)

I see what you mean LD. yea im not super analyzing my leaks right now(unfortunately) but it seams to me as though your on the right path. Keep it up man. I might just hit you up if i need any help cause it sounds like you got your cash game sorted out. Im pretty sure your going places.

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, I will try to give you my opinions for what they are worth. I am certain in micros several different styles of play are effective and it is best to pick the one that suits your own character the most.

I suspect on higher levels these styles need to converge more since the average opponent has also converged in style (less fish, more regs).

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been playing alot of tourneys this month and have been running pretty deep but never seem to get to the gold. Another 7 hours with a good result but not the best. OH WELL.... these fields are pretty sick to get through.

ScreenHunter 59 Sep 25 0428

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been playing alot of tourneys this month and have been running pretty deep but never seem to get to the gold. Another 7 hours with a good result but not the best. OH WELL.... these fields are pretty sick to get through.

View attachment 52849

story of my life!

Nice run though vinyl :)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
story of my life!

Nice run though vinyl :)

Its like, you play your best. U get psyched cause things are going well and boom! Some crazy shit happens and your out. Tourneys are brutal but still, running deep is a crazy adrenaline rush. I think im gonna get back into tournies cause overall i feel like i do better in them.

Speedexas

Speedexas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
. I think im gonna get back into tournies cause overall i feel like i do better in them.

Best of luck Vinyl. Also try Zoom tourneys , theyre only running for couple hours and on average 2-3k ppl only.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
THREAD UPDATE:

Alright, i know this thread is so old and yesterdays news but im gonna update it for whoever reads it and for motivational purposes.

After discussing with some friends , i decided to start 4 tabling zoom. 2 tabling was already a bit too much for me but once you get the hang of it, 4 tabling is not as hard as it sounds.

The BEST PART of it is you never get bored and play junk and also from my personal experience, i never seem to chase with junk anymore.

Nitting up a bit and today was the first day i started it. Put in 3.4k hands and the results are good to say the least. Both money won and also im very pleased with my stats ,as they are nothing near what my stats look like playing normal 6 max or 2 tabling zoom.

Im playing 2NL(zzom) boring i know, but im trying to get my roll to where i want it to be and then playsome 5 NL.

Was planning to deposit a few bucks and grind 10NL but decided im gonna work my way up from scratch. LOL

Heres what i got so far. Will be updating regularly so that noone can read it.:p
P.S= micro threads are so boring.

ScreenHunter 11 Oct 10 1505
ScreenHunter 12 Oct 10 1506

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo vinyl I thought u had a pretty decent roll now you won the freerolls and did well at 10nl? Did you spend it all on tourney entries?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yo vinyl I thought u had a pretty decent roll now you won the freerolls and did well at 10nl? Did you spend it all on tourney entries?

Yea, that money is long gone. I cashed it all out before going on vacation.( around 400 bucks). The newer freeroll money that i won a few weeks ago was spent playing the big 16.50,11$ rebuys and some cash in 2 days. *total bankroll spew here****

Lol aint no biggie. I can always deposit and play10NL comfortably. thing is i wanna turn this pocket change i have left into something. got like 50 ish in the account and am gonna see where it takes me.

How you doing micro? u moved up levels yet, or u still a 5NL animal?

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just in the process of moving up to 10nl with nitty BRM, got like $345 now. Check out my vid if you have time, would like feedback :)

GL to you man, I would say stick to the normal tables as they are easier imo but somehow I think your style will work well against the Zoom nits.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just in the process of moving up to 10nl with nitty BRM, got like $345 now. Check out my vid if you have time, would like feedback :)

GL to you man, I would say stick to the normal tables as they are easier imo but somehow I think your style will work well against the Zoom nits.

Alright man thanks. Gonna go take a look at the vid right now. Is tit the one cafeman posted in the votw thread right?

Speedexas

Speedexas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like your stats right now. Just keep playing like this and youll see that winrate. Cya at the tables.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GL Viny!!

I´m playing 2nl/6max zoom at the time, maybe we bump each other on some hands:)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GL Viny!!

I´m playing 2nl/6max zoom at the time, maybe we bump each other on some hands:)

Yea definitely, what do you go under on stars?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like your stats right now. Just keep playing like this and youll see that winrate. Cya at the tables.

Yea man, thanks alot. Your right. Tight is the way to go when playing zoom. No more of that aggrotardness.:shakehand

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always sucked at zoom :( played it with tickets though so no damage done to the BR. I just can't adjust to playing blindly... would be great for grinding rakeback though if I could just break even at it.