****Vinylspiros smashEMup@5NL***thread

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold to the 3b dont try insane things to get 5 people to fold with no equity :)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
villains stats: villain running 18/18 2.0 over 11 hands (hes an unknown really)

pokerstars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Button ($6.74)
SB ($1.59)
Hero (BB) ($5.20)
UTG ($2.34)
MP ($5.31)
CO ($19.66)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5
heart.gif
, 6
heart.gif

1 fold, MP raises to $0.10, 1 fold, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.32) 7
heart.gif
, 7
spade.gif
, 4
club.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, MP checks, Button bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, MP raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero ?????????

this is a flat right? or do we just fold?

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im folding we end up x/f'ing like all turns and when we do hit our straight we could be dead

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
another spot where i was puzzled,wish i could call a friend and ask what to do. I just folded. am i a nit? both unknows so i wont bother with stats fro 15 hands. they looked nitty though.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($5.29)
SB ($6.09)
BB ($3.72)
UTG ($7.01)
MP ($6.91)
Hero (CO) ($5.07)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J
club.gif
, J
diamond.gif

1 fold, MP raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, Button raises to $0.62, 2 folds, MP calls $0.47, Hero calls $0.47

Flop: ($1.93) 10
heart.gif
, 7
heart.gif
, K
diamond.gif
(3 players)
MP checks, Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($1.93) Q
spade.gif
(3 players)
MP checks, Hero checks, Button bets $1.30, MP calls $1.30, Hero folds

River: ($4.53) 6
spade.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Button checks

Total pot: $4.53 | Rake: $0.19

Results below:
Button had Q
diamond.gif
, 10
spade.gif
(two pair, Queens and tens).
MP had J
spade.gif
, K
spade.gif
(one pair, Kings).
Outcome: Button won $4.34

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im folding we end up x/f'ing like all turns and when we do hit our straight we could be dead

dead you mean like pocket 4's dead? isnt that unlikely? what about backdoor flushes? not worth the chase huh?

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its possible but like 7x that raises ie (78) crushes you also when you miss the turn and he bets you end up x/f'ing all turns so you just costing yourself a tonne and when you do hit you aint gonna get that much money anyway ha

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its possible but like 7x that raises ie (78) crushes you also when you miss the turn and he bets you end up x/f'ing all turns so you just costing yourself a tonne and when you do hit you aint gonna get that much money anyway ha

i hear ya ducky. ;)

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
another spot where i was puzzled,wish i could call a friend and ask what to do. I just folded. am i a nit? both unknows so i wont bother with stats fro 15 hands. they looked nitty though.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($5.29)
SB ($6.09)
BB ($3.72)
UTG ($7.01)
MP ($6.91)
Hero (CO) ($5.07)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J
club.gif
, J
diamond.gif

1 fold, MP raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, Button raises to $0.62, 2 folds, MP calls $0.47, Hero calls $0.47

Flop: ($1.93) 10
heart.gif
, 7
heart.gif
, K
diamond.gif
(3 players)
MP checks, Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($1.93) Q
spade.gif
(3 players)
MP checks, Hero checks, Button bets $1.30, MP calls $1.30, Hero folds

River: ($4.53) 6
spade.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Button checks

Total pot: $4.53 | Rake: $0.19

Results below:
Button had Q
diamond.gif
, 10
spade.gif
(two pair, Queens and tens).
MP had J
spade.gif
, K
spade.gif
(one pair, Kings).
Outcome: Button won $4.34

I believe you played that right, the button to me obviously had the Queen when he made that bet! Jacks are a troublesome hand and for me that was a good fold :)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe you played that right, the button to me obviously had the Queen when he made that bet! Jacks are a troublesome hand and for me that was a good fold :)

yea it was. i agree thats why i folded. My problem was that there were two people in the pot and i had an open endedSD so if i hit i couldaa gotten some money. Thing is i didnt know if i was going for a split.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
yea it was. i agree thats why i folded. My problem was that there were two people in the pot and i had an open endedSD so if i hit i couldaa gotten some money. Thing is i didnt know if i was going for a split.

Yea, it possibly could of been a split pot there. I never hit on an OESD or a FD, they seem to hate me :D

I always get people hitting their OESD or FD on me tho, especially when I have a set lol :D

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes the money comes from the hands you least expect it to come from. Take a look at this.:D:D:D

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Button ($6.19)
Hero (SB) ($5.72)
BB ($7.04)
UTG ($2.54)
MP ($2.16)
CO ($7.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q
heart.gif
, 9
heart.gif

UTG calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB raises to $0.15, UTG calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) Q
club.gif
, 6
club.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.60, UTG calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.25) 9
diamond.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets $2.06, BB calls $2.06, UTG calls $1.79 (All-In)

River: ($8.16) K
diamond.gif
(3 players, 1 all-in)
Hero bets $2.91 (All-In), BB calls $2.91

Total pot: $13.98 | Rake: $0.58

Results below:
Hero had Q
heart.gif
, 9
heart.gif
(two pair, Queens and nines).
BB had 10
club.gif
, K
club.gif
(one pair, Kings).
UTG had J
club.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(one pair, Queens).
Outcome: Hero won $13.40

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good luck vinyl crush it like you did before you went on holiday...lol at the q9 hand, im sure you're ****ed before hitting 2nd pair, wonder what the % is for the hands we throw away that does hit 2 pair by the river...might start limping suited 1/2/3 gappers and see what happens :D

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good luck vinyl crush it like you did before you went on holiday...lol at the q9 hand, im sure you're ****ed before hitting 2nd pair, wonder what the % is for the hands we throw away that does hit 2 pair by the river...might start limping suited 1/2/3 gappers and see what happens :D

Hehe. yea suited one gappers are the bomb. In general i avoid them but once in a while they make me proud. See u guys in the freeroll tonight on stars. Im in it to win it.:p

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deep stacked versus unknown. Im feeling his minimum button raise is only because hes in position.Sometimes when they check turn here and we bet they shove. In general i dont see anything else i could have done on river. this line ok?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Button ($11.98)
SB ($4.71)
BB ($2.50)
Hero (UTG) ($10.63)
MP ($5.85)
CO ($5.55)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A
heart.gif
, 7
heart.gif

Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Button raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, Button raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.47) 9
spade.gif
, 2
heart.gif
, K
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($5.47) 3
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($5.47) 4
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1.92 ?

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did you 4bet that amount? Seems totally pointless

As played, fold or raise the flop.

As for the river, I doubt Kx hands fold with that sizing, which likely make up a large part of his range.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why did you 4bet that amount? Seems totally pointless

As played, fold or raise the flop.

As for the river, I doubt Kx hands fold with that sizing, which likely make up a large part of his range.

Cause when he mins 3 bets me i thought it was kinda ridiculous so i wanted to plant the "i have aces seed" in his brain. clicking it back always puts them on alert. His flop overbet looks like a joke. I dont see him playing a monster like that. Thats why i figured he doesnt have anything and just bet smallish on river to make it look like value. ?????

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and micro , if i have a monster, am i ever raising that flop? ...... thats why i flatted to either hit my flush or see what he does after i flat his overbet. just tried to keep him honest really.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cause when he mins 3 bets me i thought it was kinda ridiculous so i wanted to plant the "i have aces seed" in his brain. clicking it back always puts them on alert. His flop overbet looks like a joke. I dont see him playing a monster like that. Thats why i figured he doesnt have anything and just bet smallish on river to make it look like value. ?????

Agreed it's weird that he over-bets the flop, it's hard to interpret especially as he's unknown, it could be air but he could also overbet with Aces or AK, which become scared that you have a set later in the hand.

I don't know man, its a weird hand :) I'll be interested to see what others think but I still cant see that calling the flop bet is good, if the turn bricks you're screwed and if you hit your flush he'll probably shutdown.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In spots like this, where villain shows strength preflop and on flop but shuts down on turn(esp on a drawy board where he would usually be betting to protect from draws), i like to take a 33% value looking stab on river especially if im out of position in the case that he has nothing to showdown. (esp when the pot is already big enough).

I did get a fold in this situation. What do i mark him as? aggro? bad aggro? or do i just make a note that he overbets flop with air?

Speedexas

Speedexas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it seems that he had JJ or QQ. If it was 100bb stack then i would have check showed but deep i think you played it good. But your river bet is small IMO as there are some stupid players who will call with QQ there.
3$ is what i would bet OTR.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it seems that he had JJ or QQ. If it was 100bb stack then i would have check showed but deep i think you played it good. But your river bet is small IMO as there are some stupid players who will call with QQ there.
3$ is what i would bet OTR.

the reason i bet 1.92 and not 3 is because if hes calling 1.92 then hes probably calling 3 too. So i want to minimize mylosses in the case that he does have a hand and also make it look like pure value bet instead of a bluff**.

Speedexas

Speedexas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the reason i bet 1.92 and not 3 is because if hes calling 1.92 then hes probably calling 3 too. So i want to minimize mylosses in the case that he does have a hand and also make it look like pure value bet instead of a bluff**.

Believe me 3$ wont look like a bluff. Also 90-95% of players wont get that 1.92 seems like a valuebet.

Also a question. When you bet the river he snap folded or took like 4-5 secs and then folded?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Believe me 3$ wont look like a bluff. Also 90-95% of players wont get that 1.92 seems like a valuebet.

Also a question. When you bet the river he snap folded or took like 4-5 secs and then folded?

he took the 4-5 route.;):p

Speedexas

Speedexas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he took the 4-5 route.;):p

Then im 95% sure he had JJ QQ. Some players just make it so obviusly when they bet big on K or A flop and then take time on turn and then check. If you run into similar situations definitely bet the river. But i still prefer betting the river bigger. If you wouldve bet 3$ he would shortened his time to 2-3 secs :)