Twoturntablez Attempt at beating 2nl

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was just curious if you had tried Leakbuster?

Havnt yet, I'd heard it was best to have at least 50k hands before running it.

Since I dont own it and will only get it for a couple of weeks im thinking I'll just keep plugging along and perhaps give it a go after 50k or maybe more hands.

Im 18k hands right now for 4.5bb/100. Had a fairly breakeven session yesterday when I got it in great and won 2 buyins almost straight away. As I was playing I got a fair few pocket pairs and just couldnt hit any sets. I wasnt calling if I couldnt get 15x and folded a few low pairs in early pos. When I did get a set I didnt get paid anyway boo hoo.

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh well here we are again breakeven after 20k hands. Lost 5 buyins on my last session however on review the big all in hands were pretty much coolers.

I fell into the classic KK should I have folded? routine. I guess not but maybe some of you can make this fold???? I think this might be the closest to the scenario that I could fold KK, but probably wouldnt anyway.

Maybe I was supposed to go, hang on, a 9/4 limp reraises all in he must have aces.

poker stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 1875343
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $2.00 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 27, 3B: 29, AF: Infinity, Hands: 26
Hero (BTN): $2.06 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 9, 3B: 3, AF: 2.3, Hands: 19571
SB: $2.21 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 12, 3B: 3, AF: 4.0, Hands: 134
BB: $5.94 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 21.0, Hands: 230
UTG: $2.02 - VPIP: 9, PFR: 4, 3B: 2, AF: Infinity, Hands: 143
UTG+1: $4.89 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 8, 3B: 4, AF: 1.5, Hands: 177
MP: $2.70 - VPIP: 60, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: 2.3, Hands: 30

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with K K
UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, MP calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.10, SB raises to $0.30, 1 fold, UTG raises to $2.02, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.06, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.38) 9 3 8 (2 players)

Turn: ($4.38) 3 (2 players)

River: ($4.38) J (2 players)

G

Grindabod

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep going, at least you got 20k hands of practice for free:)

I got some good advice about value betting alot and don't pay off if someone pushes. As you said earlier, give credit to big bets and raises.

I was thinking about the number of tables you are playing. Judging by the amount of hands you play I guess you have quite a few going. Maybe you would do better if you played fewer for a while?

Good luck

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you would do better if you played fewer for a while?

You are almost certainly correct. You are correct.

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played my tuesday night $17 tourney yesterday. Things were going ok, hanging on and making the odd move here and there but mostly quiet patient play. I raise utg with AA and my lovely lady on the same table pushes all in with 10's, I knock her out. One player is destroying the game, hitting the whole deck. One by one knocking them down like flies, had half the tourney chips before FT. On the final table he took out three of four people to take us down to 5. 3 paid 4th free entry.

I get AQc utg have 24k chips blinds 1k/2k. I make it 5.5k, fold, fold and he asks for a count behind 'bout 20k I say. He calls. Flop comes QQK, and I begin wondering how to get all my chips in. I bet 6k and he calls. Turn comes a K, oh dear i thought, well Im commited now, put the rest in and he calls with KQs FML.

Ive had a couple of better sessions on stars have been thinking about playing less tables. Ive played up to 16 and I guess I only do well when Im getting great cards. I had a good think about my screen layout and I was thinking about what might have been different when I was doing better. It was about the fish. Getting on the tables with the fish, playing in better positions against fish. Staying out of pots where I can against solid players that I have 500 hands on and targeting fish. All of that seemed to go by the wayside after a little success and I just added more tables, less time to think, less time to study the hud when Im in hands. I was on too many tables, playing too much and not switching tables enough. Not looking at table manager enough.

Please feel free to critique or add suggestions to the following please.

I just had an encouraging session laying out 6 tiled tables at the top of the screen with tablemanager and the lobby at the bottom, scan and waitlist the lobby and if I get up to 9 tables then I either check tablemanager and quit the lowest VPIP tables and replace them with better ones, aiming for 5-8 tables running 27+ VPIP. Im quitting the lowest and try not to stay on tables 19 VPIP or less without a good reason.

I been doing a little reading and Im trying to get my head round some suggestions of play at the micros.

These are: Preflop raises with AA and KK, open raising to 16c. I just cant get any callers. Even when I open in the cutoff for 8c or the button for 6c, Im not getting enough calls. Of course when I try it with JQs the flop whiffs and I get a donk bet :( maybe Im a little biased there...... but Im not getting enough calls with fat raises.

Limping. I basically almost never limp out of the sb. (prob too much in the sb). My question here is, Where are you limping?under which circumstances can we limp? I am mostly talking about hands like 44 55 66 77 or setmining opportunities. Do you limp/call 4bb raises? Im either folding or raising these hands now and Im wondering if there is a scenario that by limping we encourage more players to the pot and if we were to raise to 8c then we can call 8c with a few more players in the pot. These hands arent so good post flop and Im either too weak and dont cbet enough or cbet the wrong flop.

Cheers

graph update.

Attachments

• 23kgraph.JPG
    23kgraph.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 39
micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are: Preflop raises with AA and KK, open raising to 16c. I just cant get any callers. Even when I open in the cutoff for 8c or the button for 6c, Im not getting enough calls. Of course when I try it with JQs the flop whiffs and I get a donk bet :( maybe Im a little biased there...... but Im not getting enough calls with fat raises.

No-one open raises 8bb at the micro stakes tables, so of course everyone folds. I wouldn't open raise more than 4bb.

C

colepure

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No-one open raises 8bb at the micro stakes tables, so of course everyone folds. I wouldn't open raise more than 4bb.

Blackrain79 does. According to his book, his standard open is 4bb (3bb from LP), and a staggered 5x-8x+ with TT+,AK.

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yay finally made it to the cash at the tuesday night $17 tourney. Got 3rd for $80 and was very happy with the way it went down. Pretty much card dead most of the night, losing a lot of chips in the first half and going down to 1700 chips at 300/600 level. Concentration and nursing the small stack got me to the final table where I had to pick spots carefully and steal a few blinds here and there. I have a fairly tight image and bluffed a few hands on the button and cutoff convincingly. 3 paid and when we were down to five one small stack pushed and got called to get KO'd. Right after that two of the big stacks got it in and I was guaranteed 3rd with only 5bb. I exit the tournament next hand with 88 and basically would have had to push any two and double up there anyway for even a small chance, the final two had me outchipped be more than 12:1 so all in all a great result and Ive won the buyin to the $50 game at the end of the month.

Cash game on stars is frustrating me right now, Ive put a lot of time and nearly 30k hands into winning just a few dollars. 2.7bb/100 at the moment. Meh at least its not in the negative, that would really bum me out.

I am getting the desire to play a few sitngos though however was reading that thats the hardest format to consistenly win at. Since Im unlikely to get huge volume in at that format could be a waste of time and money. Family not so impressed with length of time spent/amount earned grinding 2nl. Fair enough too. I have been considering not playing poker in the evenings and switching things round a bit. Since the CC tourneys are at around 5am for me (and I enjoy those games a lot) Ive been thinking I'll spend the eve's with the family and get up early to play for an hour or two before getting the kids to school and going to work.

Best of luck to you all.

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
30k hands for 2.8bb/100.

Started a session this morning and lost 4 all in hands the the first 15 mins QQ<AA and three stupid idiot donk twats hitting the river. Spent the next few hours getting back to square one.

Im not really feeling the 2nl vibe any more. I got off to a great start and had periods of hitting nice hands and stacking fish. Swingy swingy grinds and Im often left feeling unhappy. Having a winning session cheers me up for a bit but Im still being affected by the losses. Im playing it because Ive set this goal to beat cash games..... at the lowest limit..... and Im barely succeeding.

I opened up Black chip where I had $50 from a freeroll win, Id been sitting on it in case anything really terrible happened on stars. I decided to play a few sitngos. I really enjoyed them! It was nice to have a break and a change. I played a $2 6player super turbo and won it yay! Tried a $5, won it, yay!

So after weeks and weeks of strict BRM, no tournies, no sitngos I make $30 in a bunch of sitngos. I dropped back to $1 and $2 games, I dont think I'll be making a big habit of breaking BRM but it was nice to play something different and walk away a winner.

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weekly update : Tuesday tourney was was a bit of a disaster, one player in particular taking my chips in awful fashion. Raising with marginal hands yet beating mine. QJd vs AQ, I get trip Aces, she gets a flush. Took another couple of hands in this fashion before I made the biggest mistake. I folded KJc to the same sb raise when I considered pushing all in and taking my chances against her hand. I should have gone for it, my first thoughts were I could be ahead but folded because if I pay the sb I'll have another round to make my move. Flop comes KK5 its checked to the river and she has 89h. Mental note for the next game: Pick a range for some of these opponents based on what you see and grow some balls and play against it.

Few more cash hands, might be time for a stop and reevaluate. 30k+ breakeven must mean Im doing it wrong. Ive been waiting patiently for a heater but its not coming!

Perhaps its this week! We'll see.

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weekly update. No tuesday tournament. Teenager playing up and have to stay home.

32.5k hands -0.26bb/100

Gone back to tournament play, 45 man .50c turbo games. Im enjoying playing them will try to keep to only playing this tournament format for a while and see if I can grow the bankroll. Im sure I'll load up the odd juicy 2nl game but I feel like Im going to stop the grind and have a bit of a change for a while. I used to think multitabling tournaments was more difficult than Im finding it. I will play less tournament tables than cash tables though.

Kind of giving up but having a change too. If I can grow the roll in these tournaments I'll use the money to play cash.... taking shots at 2nl!

Big tourney tomorrow, $50 buy in, $45+5, won the entry for this a few weeks back. Looking forward to it, deep stack 13k chips 1/2 hour blinds. Often tricky to play, mixture of calling stations and aggrofish and a smattering of good players these games only run every couple of months and its a nice day out.

Practice session on 45 mans later tonight.

Probably going to frequent the tournament section much more in the future! Havnt been in there for a while!