Told someone KJ suited is a trash hand and should be folded in the face of a raise.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this for real?
Edit: I'm serious, is this some kind of leveling troll

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh sorry, did you just turn 13? I know how sensitive you teens get when someone forgets you had a birthday!

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a $0.05/$0.10 table and I bought in for the minimum, $3.00.

Don't do this. Ever. If you're playing at 10nl you should be buying for the 10, more if you can afford it.

I'd rather lose the minimum if I run into a cooler or get sucked out on.

Yeah, no. The amount of times you run into an actual suck out are really low. Most of the time your kings beat sixes, this is always true.

Don't limp with QQ. Just terrible, on every level. Terrible because if you limp/raise or limp/shove you're turning your hand face up, terrible because you're killing value from worse hands that might call pre, terrible because you're inviting suited connectors to flat pre and suck out on the turn.

KJs is an okay hand, not particularly great though. It's rarely an open shoving hand unless you're short stacked in a tourny far as I can tell. His play was bad, because when people limp-raise they have QQ+. If you're asking whether or not you should've called with QQ, the answer is yes imo. He's doing this with JJ's and AQ/AK too often for you to fold QQ to a 3-bet shove.

Further, why are you playing at 10nl? Didn't you spew off like twenty dollars and are now down to five, so you have literally less than one buyin at this level?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:eek:lol:eek:

Take the advice, fox. Some people come across abrupt but it's all part of the learning curve ;)

Everyone is trying to offer advice and you certainly won't get a friendlier forum than here, that I can assure you.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather lose the minimum if I run into a cooler or get sucked out on.
Oh okay - since you expect to be a loser then I guess that would be one way to approach it.

I understand - you came here looking for a little support and found out you totally misplayed the hand. That sucks when you weren't even asking for opinions on your play - BUT that's better than us telling you what you want to hear - "yeah that other guy was an idiot and you are a poker god".

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This was after I picked off his all-in with QQ in a cash game and doubled my stack (using what was left of my bankroll after the downswing of super turbos). After the hand he said "not cool" to which I replied "KJ is a trash hand when facing a raise, even when suited. You should've folded." He got all defensive and three others backed him up saying that his play was right, that KJ is a great hand, and that I should have dumped my queens.

What?

First lets sum up the facts:

HU QQ vs KJo preflop

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

20,547,648 games 0.030 secs 684,921,600 games/sec

Board:
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 28.459% 28.25% 00.21% 5805504 42225.00 { KJo }
Hand 1: 71.541% 71.34% 00.21% 14657694 42225.00 { QcQd }

and

QQ vs KJs:

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

6,849,216 games 0.000 secs 1,369,843,200 games/sec

Board:
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 32.084% 31.87% 00.21% 2183006 14518.00 { KJs }
Hand 1: 67.916% 67.70% 00.21% 4637174 14518.00 { QcQd }

So obviously QQ is a huge favourite pre.

Now what do you think you gain if you teach that knowledge to villains - even more in a cash game where it should be your only goal to take away as many $ from them as you can ?

Strategy talk should be brought to the forums and definately not the tables imo - you're possibly loosing alot of value by improving your opponents just stop doing that.

Edit: After reading all other comments I second third and forth most of what has been said.

OP these guys are making fun of you because they might have forgotten how incredibly stupid they were at age 12 when they started playing themselves (sorry gotto rub that in hehe)-

The earlier you realize that apart from the initial question where you are right (QQ>KJ) you are doing many many things awfully wrong yourself the earlier youchange that the earlier you might see substantial

change in your ROI, heck it might even turn positive at some point.

Last edited:
JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would normally agree that you shouldn't talk strat at the table (or talk period).In this case it's w/e because blind leading the blind i'm cool with.Keep educating the other players how buying in short and limping QQ is a solid plan.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would normally agree that you shouldn't talk strat at the table (or talk period).In this case it's w/e because blind leading the blind i'm cool with.Keep educating the other players how buying in short and limping QQ is a solid plan.

It worked therefore it is solid.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
um im the only 13 year old allowed on this forum. somebody has to go

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any man that wears daisy dukes must go.
Tyler in real life
Edit pretty old looking for 13 but ya know
q514748_561565_guy_daisy_dukes_for_blurtit.jpg

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fox, WV (and Mediablitz) have summed up everything wrong with this hand.
Everyone else agrees with them.
It's time to listen to the advice given

dadsrus

dadsrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to OP some really great advice being given here not only answers your original question but gives some really good insight on the hand you described.A tough skin is required in all forums when asking for opinions and CC aint nearly as harsh as most lol actually most here give good info mind you its hidden in "you should have known better" or plain old sarcasm type answers but most have been here quite awhile so comfortabilty goes in to play when giving opinions on poker and profit cheers just my veiw

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the pants do make my butt look nice

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not taking advice from a donk like you.

I lol'd at this. OP is buying in for 3 bucks at a time because he is busto. OP plays so badly that even I could rip it apart if others hadn't already done so. Hillbilly was a winning midstakes reg on Tilt and is currently crushing Merge micros since Chris Ferguson borrowed his bankroll.

Who is the donk again? Hey WHV can you teach me how to be a donk?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lol'd at this. OP is buying in for 3 bucks at a time because he is busto. OP plays so badly that even I could rip it apart if others hadn't already done so. Hillbilly was a winning small-stakes reg on Tilt and is currently crushing Merge micros since Chris Ferguson borrowed his bankroll.

Who is the donk again? Hey WHV can you teach me how to be a donk?
fyp

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

thought small was 50nl-100nl and you were playing higher than that right?

or maybe not, I just had it in my head you were a 200nl+ baller :)

but yeah, Foxhound/Cali's illegitimate son for mod/president.. teaching 2nl players how to limp re-raise premiums since 2012.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker