table of limpers?

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you will have to raise often and be careful of 3bets from limpers....very trappy

This is sweeping the nation. Everyone is doing this with Q-Q + and perhaps even A-Ks.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is sweeping the nation. Everyone is doing this with Q-Q + and perhaps even A-Ks.
Like I said in chat, it's REALLY effective in laggy FR tables where every open-raise just results in seeing a flop OOP multiway.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like I said in chat, it's REALLY effective in laggy FR tables where every open-raise just results in seeing a flop OOP multiway.

Yeah, it could work. But I have seen my fair share of backfires also. They limp UTG with A-A, and get 7 callers. Then they go to flop, and can't get away from the rockets...

I don't believe I have ever used this play. I am waiting for the right laggy table to use it.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, it could work. But I have seen my fair share of backfires also. They limp UTG with A-A, and get 7 callers. Then they go to flop, and can't get away from the rockets...
In fairness even multiway AA is hugely +EV; and rarely behind.

Of course in a super passive table this shouldn't be attempted, it's for games where people are really aggro and play reasonably well postflop in wide vs wide dynamics.

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The right thing is what you said most!
Do not kid yourself, expect to have a good hand and play hard exerts pressure! It is true that your stack might go too until you get a good hand but as you can raisear occasional hand and stay with the blinds! When you get a big hand advantage to go fishing.

Last edited:
Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In fairness even multiway AA is hugely +EV; and rarely behind.

Of course in a super passive table this shouldn't be attempted, it's for games where people are really aggro and play reasonably well postflop in wide vs wide dynamics.

When you go against 5 other hands, A-A rarely prevails. Against 5 random hands, it is a 48% favorite.

However, against only 2 other hands, it is a 78% favorite.

I didn't say it was a bad move. You won't see me doing it often though (maybe even never).

I have recently called one of those limp/3-bets from UTG with suited connectors. I suspected he might have had some big pair. However, I just read his hand for what it was, and thought if I crush the flop, I will get his whole stack. That is exactly what I did.

If he had just raised I would have folded. Instead, I raised, he re-raises, and I call, and stack him.

I would only do it at an aggressive table (if ever).

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you go against 5 other hands, A-A rarely prevails. Against 5 random hands, it is a 48% favorite.
48% =/= "rare." :p 48% vs 5 hands is HUGELY +EV, since you can extract significantly more than 100% of the amount you put in usually.

H

Henreiman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deal with this in my live game super often. Limping a lot and continuing with huge hands/draws and raising in position with a relatively polarized range generally leads to crushing the game.

zEric7x

zEric7x

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would probably play more hands that tend to lead to draws and things like that. Like pairs and suited connectors. At least your getting the right odds to get to the flop.

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
48% =/= "rare." :p 48% vs 5 hands is HUGELY +EV, since you can extract significantly more than 100% of the amount you put in usually.

Except it tends to put you in the most difficult poker decisions like ever. Sorry I think in general, if you have been raising enough, your AA will get paid off better playing it 'normal'.

I do do this in very specific situations though like there's a monkey open shoving ATC in the table and I act before him. I just limp to not scare him out of shoving. Even if he folds and no one raise, i think he would monkey shove often enough for AA limp to be more profitable.

playtheman

playtheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could try finding their folding range, but it's not gonna be easy each one of them is probably different. Me personally I think I would find another table. It's easy enough to handle two or three limpers, but when you're talking about 5 through 10 limpers it can be very difficult. You're better off waiting until you have more experience.

im talking 6 max, PKR everyone limps at 4nl apart from the regs, who you just dont get into hands with because its not that profitable as they are tight and only bet the nuts (all the donks call them down because they think they are bluffing)