Table full of loose players

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1-$2 game 7-9 handed.
How to play agaist loose players in cash game? What I mean all players I'm talking about dnt play with pot odds or odds to hit they just play any to cards chase flush or straight draws. Can't push anyone out due to big stacks they have. Let's say you have to pair top kicked even you raised preflop they will come in with any cards and chase to River for flush or straight and mostly get there. I know il win long term but what about right now? What anyone else do here I'm out of options. Also tried playing tight and everyone just fold if it's to tight but mostly everyone call to see flop regardless the cards they have. It's a home game where people have heaps money and they dnt care about loosing it. I want to make the most but can't as they get lucky alot. Also will you call 4bet with second nuts? :confused:

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1-$2 game 7-9 handed.
How to play agaist loose players in cash game? What I mean all players I'm talking about dnt play with pot odds or odds to hit they just play any to cards chase flush or straight draws. Can't push anyone out due to big stacks they have. Let's say you have to pair top kicked even you raised preflop they will come in with any cards and chase to River for flush or straight and mostly get there. I know il win long term but what about right now? What anyone else do here I'm out of options. Also tried playing tight and everyone just fold if it's to tight but mostly everyone call to see flop regardless the cards they have. It's a home game where people have heaps money and they dnt care about loosing it. I want to make the most but can't as they get lucky alot. Also will you call 4bet with second nuts? :confused:

It is important to know that they don't care about pot odds. Because then you know that is not a consideration for them. Sounds like No Foldem Holdem lol

Make them pay. That is all you can do. I like to say that you can't make them fold - you can only make it more expensive.

In these situations I like to find a number that will thin out the field. Would it be opening for $25 or $50 preflop? Sounds crazy but will they all come along for that price? OK, then slide a stack of $100 out there as a preflop opening. Make them pay dearly!

Good luck !

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I think that the best play against this type of player is to limp
and wait for a good hand and then go along with it
It very difficult playing against loose players
Rgds

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best play against aggressive players is slow play/limp. Mix in a few raises preflop here and there to make sure you mix your game up, but you want to play mostly conservatively.

I

Index12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best play against aggressive players is slow play/limp. Mix in a few raises preflop here and there to make sure you mix your game up, but you want to play mostly conservatively.
Yeah, against these types of players it should theoretically be best to try to get some value from them with good hands.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If they call to much and often, you bet good cards for value. BIG.

And don't bluff pre-flop(or rarely if you need for image).

Get a hand and bet as much as you think they call with.

Easiest games ever.

Variance can be high, but more profitable than a game full of nits.

This is mostly calling stations. So make them call with worse and get paid.

You write that they chase every flush and straight, but also that they fold the flop then you play too tight? You know that they can't see your cards I hope. Because this sounds a little contradictory.

Last edited:
Maple_syrup

Maple_syrup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is important to know that they don't care about pot odds. Because then you know that is not a consideration for them. Sounds like No Foldem Holdem lol

Make them pay. That is all you can do. I like to say that you can't make them fold - you can only make it more expensive.

In these situations I like to find a number that will thin out the field. Would it be opening for $25 or $50 preflop? Sounds crazy but will they all come along for that price? OK, then slide a stack of $100 out there as a preflop opening. Make them pay dearly!

Good luck !
Exactly. Study them, spot them, then wash em out.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1-$2 game 7-9 handed.
How to play agaist loose players in cash game? What I mean all players I'm talking about dnt play with pot odds or odds to hit they just play any to cards chase flush or straight draws. Can't push anyone out due to big stacks they have. Let's say you have to pair top kicked evetn you raised preflop they will come in with any cards and chase to River for flush or straight and mostly get there. I know il win long term but what about right now? What anyone else do here I'm out of options. Also tried playing tight and everyone just fold if it's to tight but mostly everyone call to see flop regardless the cards they have. It's a home game where people have heaps money and they dnt care about loosing it. I want to make the most but can't as they get lucky alot. Also will you call 4bet with second nuts? :confused:

In my opinion this is the dream table for a poker player, full of wealthy loose players who don't like to fold but are not really aggressive. I would tighten all the way up, I mean only premium hands, and play them very aggressively, make oversize bets and not be afraid to shove at any stage. That being said, bankroll considerations are important, meaning if all my bankroll was barely enough for a minimum buy-in at that table, I would not play that game at all because the probability of being felted is real and happens all the time even when you put your money into the pot as a favorite to win the hand. It's always wise to take into consideration your financial limits, just like your poker skill.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We must respond to the aggressor with aggression. Although, if the opponent is a fool and does not understand poker, it is better to cool the. ...

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion this is the dream table for a poker player, full of wealthy loose players who don't like to fold but are not really aggressive. I would tighten all the way up, I mean only premium hands, and play them very aggressively, make oversize bets and not be afraid to shove at any stage. That being said, bankroll considerations are important, meaning if all my bankroll was barely enough for a minimum buy-in at that table, I would not play that game at all because the probability of being felted is real and happens all the time even when you put your money into the pot as a favorite to win the hand. It's always wise to take into consideration your financial limits, just like your poker skill.
I agree this should be a dream table, now problem is 1. If we play so tight they just fold as hard get premium hand very often I was there for 2 hours and had no hand in my range. What should you do then? 2. If I try steal does not work as with weak hand can't put so much money in as never know if someone pick up KQo or 10J or A9 or something along and decide to call. 3. I dnt know if you guys have seen this type but we have a local players who shove 100$ or more preflop without looking at cards. And agaist this type I tried playing position and premium hands but most of time even AA get cracked.
I have no trouble online but this live game giving me bad dreams. When I play cash game with these guys I never win but if we play MTT I crush them and I have number of times. Don't know what I'm doing wrong in cash. I did rethink about few hands I play. Lost on AKs vs 47o, lost QQ against Areg, and top pair top kicker agaist a flush draw on river. All hands played aggressively. I do make mistakes as I'm new and learning but the luck I see on my table you knt believe it. Someone shove 200$ mavric and turn the 46o and 4 holds 3 way pot like pure gamble. So what's the best way to crush these guys if anyone else have same experience.
:confused:

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree this should be a dream table, now problem is 1. If we play so tight they just fold as hard get premium hand very often I was there for 2 hours and had no hand in my range. What should you do then? 2. If I try steal does not work as with weak hand can't put so much money in as never know if someone pick up KQo or 10J or A9 or something along and decide to call. 3. I dnt know if you guys have seen this type but we have a local players who shove 100$ or more preflop without looking at cards. And agaist this type I tried playing position and premium hands but most of time even AA get cracked.
I have no trouble online but this live game giving me bad dreams. When I play cash game with these guys I never win but if we play MTT I crush them and I have number of times. Don't know what I'm doing wrong in cash. I did rethink about few hands I play. Lost on AKs vs 47o, lost QQ against Areg, and top pair top kicker agaist a flush draw on river. All hands played aggressively. I do make mistakes as I'm new and learning but the luck I see on my table you knt believe it. Someone shove 200$ mavric and turn the 46o and 4 holds 3 way pot like pure gamble. So what's the best way to crush these guys if anyone else have same experience.

1. If you don't get premium hands in the first 2 hours, keep playing for another 2 hours, what's the rush? You described the other players as loose and inexperienced, so they will call your raises, don't worry, especially if the majority at the table are loose they will probably not even notice that you are playing only a few hands.
2. Don't try to steal against players like that, raise for value instead
3. There is nothing you can do against bad luck, some people would say prayer, black magic/voodoo, exorcism, but we know better :)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Desi - unfortunately you are tilted over this game with these players.

Even worse - it sounds like you are not properly bankrolled for this game. If you can't get your whole stack in with AA and lose and shrug your shoulders and rebuy - then that is the very definition of improper bankroll.

If you have success with their tournament game then stick to that. Stay with what works for you. Let them gamble at the cash table because that is what they want to do and you can't control that. All you can control is you. Even though it is juicy - do you really "need" to crack that cash table?

Good luck !

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gold

a table full of loose cannons - tight aggressive - actually very tight aggressivr. theyvwill call you so only play the very strong hands.

and yes like 10-15 pct of the time you will get outdrawn but in theclong run this table is a cash cow.

calling with second nuts hand - depends a bit on what the nuts hand is and betting up to the river but with loose cannons on thectable most likely yes i would call