Suited Connectors? Middle position?

Y

ynggambler21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey I just wanted to see how different people play these types of hands 5-6 7-8 9-10 and their combinations 6-7 8-9? so here is one example 8 players at the table
you have small blind $1 big blind $2 first position fold next just limps $2 next folds then your next to act you limp in $2 next fold button raises in position raises the pot to $7 SB folds BB calls $5 first limper calls $5 your last to act before the raiser are you obligated to call because your priced in at this time or do you call hoping to hit your suit? or str8 cards?
There are many variations of how this could the flop could come
Ah 6s 7c you have 8s-9s
BB bet 1/4 the pot which would be 3times the blind, first limper folds now your still middle position with original raiser yet to call. Do you call?
Turn is a 7s now your open ended and have a str8 flush draw bb checks you check first raiser Raises half the pot BB folds Do you call this time?
River 10H you hit your str8 you raise and calls with AK and you win the pot.
Now The Real Question is SHOULD I HAVE BEEN IN THE HAND TO BEGIN WITH? this a true story playing 1-2NL guy told me I should have never chased. I had about $200 on the table at the time. so heres how it was there was $29 in the pot pre flop, turn card bb bets $7 fold i call and another call now pot has $42 goes check check button thinks his hand is best he bets $21 half the pot so i only have $13 invested so far and have around $200 in my stack and the stacks are pretty even across the table. and if you remember from above I have a str8 draw and a flush draw after the turn. I called and hit and one the hand let me know how many of you think thats a bad call or a good call obviously thinking he has an ace in his hand.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely play suited connectors in NLHE. Looks like you played it well to me. Think about your outs and use the rule of 4 / 2. Just knowing your pot odds on the turn tells you you can and must call a pot-sized bet because you'll hit on the river about a third of the time.

Whether you should be in the hand at the start - yes definitely, but you do need to have a deep stack and so do your opponents.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
straight draw: 6 cards
flush draw: 9 cards

15 outs gives you about a 2 to 1 chance to hit. Calling on turn is about 2 to 1. You got priced in close enough by my book to make that call. It was his mistake to to push harder on turn.