Samweis3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hey guys,

I am still playing 2 NL 6 max regular cash tables at GG, but planning to move on to 5NL soon.

I am playing solid in the last 50 days with a decent win rate. Also my suited connectors are nearly all positive (i only have stats without rake adjustment). I think I do a good job of it folds to me, but I still ask myself how frequently I should call against open raise from MP and whether I should sometimes even 3 bet.

Anyone can give me some solid advice?

Thanks in advance!

S

suzettehill

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
JM
Chips
Hey guys,

I am still playing 2 NL 6 max regular cash tables at GG, but planning to move on to 5NL soon.

I am playing solid in the last 50 days with a decent win rate. Also my suited connectors are nearly all positive (i only have stats without rake adjustment). I think I do a good job of it folds to me, but I still ask myself how frequently I should call against open raise from MP and whether I should sometimes even 3 bet.

Thanks in advance!
Hello, when you have a premium hand like AA, KK, or AK, 3-betting can help build the pot and gain value. I think you should aim to narrow the field and play a larger pot against the MP opener. Besides, If the MP player has a wide opening range and you have a hand that plays well against their range, 3-betting can isolate them and potentially win the pot pre-flop.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the suited connectors. They have good chances against such powerful hands as AK, AQ, AJ, etc. In my opinion, a limp - call is a good strategy against frequently raising players if you are in an early position. Thus, the amount of the pot will be low on the preflop. The suited connectors are the perfect hand to attack the blinds from late positions.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!
It depends on how many suited connectors you are using. If we are calling with 32s, 43s, 54s we are calling too much. Versus MP we are calling with suited connectors that are the same we use to 3-bet with. Versus MP is a general question, it will depend on the player profile and stats, if the player in the MP opens too much, we could 3-bet with JTs, QJs, KJs, etc. If the player in the MP is more tight we should be careful both when we call and when we 3-bet. If we do elect to 3-bet with suited connectors versus a tight player in the MP, I would use A5s, ATs (at least) and AJs+, once in while I could use KQs.
Remember that we must call only with suited connectors that are also good to make a 3-bet preflop, otherwise we fold.

S

suzettehill

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
JM
Chips
It depends on how many suited connectors you are using. If we are calling with 32s, 43s, 54s we are calling too much. Versus MP we are calling with suited connectors that are the same we use to 3-bet with. Versus MP is a general question, it will depend on the player profile and stats, if the player in the MP opens too much, we could 3-bet with JTs, QJs, KJs, etc. If the player in the MP is more tight we should be careful both when we call and when we 3-bet. If we do elect to 3-bet with suited connectors versus a tight player in the MP, I would use A5s, ATs (at least) and AJs+, once in while I could use KQs. minecraftle game
Remember that we must call only with suited connectors that are also good to make a 3-bet preflop, otherwise we fold.
I agree with you

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Only from Button or BB, otherwise 3bet or fold ( mostly fold)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I was a cash game player today, I would spend some time to study the preflop GTO ranges for 6-max cash games. They are available completely free, if you sign up for GTO Wizard. Then you can always go from there and make adjustments based on stakes or player pool reads. For 2NL and 5NL maybe play a little tighter than GTO. At these stakes people are so bad, you dont need to prove to them, that you can sometimes tripple barrel a suited connector to get paid, when you flop a set or have an overpair.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With SCs I like to keep the pot small preflop and then ramp up the aggression if I flop well. The exception of course are the high suited connectors where you can make relatively strong hands just by pairing the board.

As for 3 betting, I will do it against guys with wide opening ranges and high 3 bet calling % and low 4 bet%.

A

AdamasDate

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Suited connectors are good when stacks are deeper because of implied odds. You can win a lot of chips, but it's harder to play when out of position, so folding out of position isn't bad, but in position, you can call a raise or 3 bet, and both are winning plays. As long as you're not raising against UTG or UTG1, where the ranges are the strongest, you're more likely to get raised from these seats if they are playing a soild strategy.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!
Range in MP

Regular player: limited, doesn't come out too much from premium or mid-premium hands
Recreational player: Expanded range (there you should add to the regular style hands J10s J10o 77 66 55 44 33 22 A7s etc)
Whale player: the entire deck of cards (hands for example Q2o 95s etc)
From then on I have good connectors (we are talking about AJs A10s A5s
89s 76s 910s J10s QJs etc) I would always make 3 bets, especially in positions like buttons.

From there, from SB or BB I would only think about calling. Because there are hands that in those positions play very poorly against MP, because there you must take into account that MP will be playing in position and whether you want it or not that will give him an advantage.

If, for example, you make a reraise 3 bet in SB with QJs and in MP the recreational player calls you, for example with A3o, a hand that should neither open nor should it pay a raise, and a flop lands you 428 without even a flush card. You suited, yes, you could make a continuation bet that the opponent will almost certainly pay you to see an Ace or a 5 that would give him a straight. With this I want to tell you that there are hands in SB or BB that play quite poorly against an opponent's range depending on what falls on the flop.

I would recommend that you look for the Preflopvision tables on the web and analyze the preflop opening ranges for the cash game, which are very simple and very well explained.

Greetings