Strategy on the BB play in a MTT

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont have a hand history but here I go anyways.

$32,000 Guarenteed MTT on FullTilt this weekend. +- 1600 entrants; money pays to the 162nd place.
Ive got approx. 15,000 chips and in the BB (The average Chip Stack is approx 17,000). Blinds are 400/800 and antes are 50. Everyone folds to the SB where he bets the minimum 800. So 800 to me to call a pot of approx 2800, I have Q7 and know the SB is going to have to make a move soon; he has 12,000 in chips.

I call, Flop comes Qs8h2h, he checks i bet 2,000 and he check raises me another 3000 to me. He's been a pretty loose player this tourney and I think maybe he's making any move or atleast 4 to a flush. I come back over top and our showdown show's he has AQ. Cripples me.

Show me the error of my way... Should I have folded preflop, I know my cards arent good but you cant just play big hands as the 10 minute blinds are really starting to mount up, plus i was more than enough getting odds.
Anyways tell me how you would of played this.

Thanks

sisko

sisko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after seeing flop, its hard to fold, also knowing he is a loose player, but i would fold preflop. thats my decision, if i dont have a good feeling about a hand, if i think a hand can make me lose chips, i fold it. i normally fold jacks or AK if big raises before me and three players are in game. q7 i definitely fold. also 10 minute blind is normal and u had lots of moves to go, u mustnt be in a hurry i think