starting with $25 what would you do

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have $25 to spare every week. I would play freerolls and set aside the $25 each week. When you have $200 saved up, take advantage of the deposit bonus. Then you will have a good starting bankroll for .01/.02 or min entry tournaments.

I couldn't agree more. you should defiantly try and take full advantage of all bonus opportunities. Plus playing in freeroll tourneys is a good way to acclimate yourself to online poker.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.25c 45 man SNG on stars are nice bankroll builders. Add in some 10c mtts aswell. You dont want to be playing cash games without 30+ buy ins in my opinion.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like some others have said. I would wait and accumulate a bigger buy in to take advantage of the bonus. In the meantime, I would play some freerolls and then use any funds I won to experiment with some of the games. Play some SNGs or a small cash game. You don't need to worry about bank roll management yet cause your true bankroll is not invested yet. Use the freeroll winnings to find a game you feel good about.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you only have $25 to spare every week would you start by playing .01/.02 and try to build a bank roll to 20 buy in for .02/.05 and than build to 20 buy ins for .05/.10 and so on or would you build 40 buy ins to move up how would you guys do this and has anyone had success doing this thanks

50c/$1. It would be a better game.

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup, I would start with sit n go $1 buy in but the game is tough, you will need luck because you will be flipping a lot. Or you could try $1 buy-in tournament, out of 23 times buy in you might get a few big score....

specialjuice

specialjuice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play micro stakes tournaments

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On PS, 50 cent sit&go or, micro buy-in ko tournaments.

maudoallin

maudoallin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have $25 to spare every week. I would play freerolls and set aside the $25 each week. When you have $200 saved up, take advantage of the deposit bonus. Then you will have a good starting bankroll for .01/.02 or min entry tournaments.

Perfect !!

B

Brayan9052

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play micro tournaments

Last edited:
M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there
I would go to some movies,,,,,Just kidding
Definetly go to a $1 SNG and so on
Rgds

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play as many free-rolls and save your money for a bigger deposit.
This way could play as you like once you're ready
Good Luck..!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've had luck on ACR starting with the 55 c and 1 dollar sit n' gos. It's a slow grind to build the bank roll up but it helps preserve your roll. I guess if your into cash games it is about the same as starting with the .01-.02 but you can lose more a lot quicker. Also don't jump up before your ready. I got my roll up to 350 from about 30 on ACR so decided to play some bigger games. I withdrew about 250 and left a little over a hundred in my account. I played in some 11 dollar and bigger games before I was ready and quickly lost the rest of my roll. I'm now starting again from scratch and will not make the same mistake again. Good luck at the tables.
Risk it for a biscuit not got the patience for grinding 2cents or 10 cents sit n gos.;)
Deposited $25 won 30 dollars in 15 dollars spin then said go for it gamble $30.:eek:
Cash though give yourself 5 buy ins minimum and be prepared to reload.:fight:
https://gyazo.com/e6a89e8db220dae4fc1c59bcebceef2b

2017WSOP

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with a lot of folks here. $1.00 sng would be optimal. You can handle a rough down swing but get to 10x relatively quickly

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno That depends on your style of play and the site you choose to play on. If you have a small bankroll its best to stick to stt and mtt vs cash games. Its easier to build your bankroll initially through tournaments. This will also give you a lot of experience on the site and allow your hud to fill with hands giving you the chance to tweak your game and maximize your profits when you do feel comfortable moving to a table. I generally stay away from .01-.02 tables the players there can be very tight or overly aggressive.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you only have $25 to spare every week would you start by playing .01/.02 and try to build a bank roll to 20 buy in for .02/.05 and than build to 20 buy ins for .05/.10 and so on or would you build 40 buy ins to move up how would you guys do this and has anyone had success doing this thanks

Taking advantage of a larger deposit bonus can help your poker BR quite significantly so if you haven't already made a deposit I would consider saving for a few weeks and trying to max out your deposit bonus.

With that said when it comes to the important part, building your BR by playing, I started with $0.25 45 man sit and goes. I started here because I really wanted to see how I compared to other players on the site and I knew I could take a significant downswing and not be too worried about it. I think if you started here (and have already made a deposit so don't qualify for a deposit bonus) and got in quite a few games during the first week you'll have a pretty good idea where you stand against the player pool and the weekly $25 cash injection can help you move up to a level that you feel you'll be the most competitive and profitable. Also depending on your level of experience cash games can be really tough and will probably take some downswings before you become profitable.

P

Play_Analyst

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself agreing with a lot of the replies that suggest you put the money aside and then after 10 weeks or so to take advantage of a juicy deposit bonus.

In the meantime play as many freerolls as you can.

I've used this strategy and have found it quite profitable. If you're lucky you can even withdraw your initial deposit after you've hit the bonus requirements and re-use it to open another account on a different site.