SPR Scenario/Question

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing that has been confusing me about spr, that may or may not have been mentioned in the book, PNL, although I dont think it has. SPR tells us we can stack tptk here with an spr of 2, but what if this low spr is created as the result of multiple callers, without us really putting a significant portion of our stack in preflop.

For example, Readless .5/1 FR game, everyone has 100bb stacks. 2 players limp to us, and we have AdKh in MP and we raise to 7. The HJ, CO, and button calls, as do the limpers. Pot is now $42, so we've created a good spr (2.2)for our AK hand, although everyone else was justified in calling with a variety of speculative hands with a small % of thier stacks. Flop comes As10c8c and it's checked to us. What would you do here? If you make a standard cbet you will have over 30% of your chips invested in this pot with tptk, so you almost have to commit yourself to protect against draws, but you will be getting in 93% of your chips post flop, more than justifying implied odds from people playing pocket pairs and connectors.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They do address multiple callers in PNL and basically the advice is that the more callers you have the lower the SPR we should require to stack.

Oh and in your example, I'm comfortable getting it in and at that table I'll raise more next time.