To show or not to show...

ChrisKub

ChrisKub

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will always muck except when heads up I might show an important bluff to try and tilt the other player or swing the momentum of the game.

Y

yourguynow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
show em sometimes

Basically auto-muck But.. if I have won maybe two in a row, and then win a third with (and it was not a bluff) I may verbally say "da$$$ I just keep hitting these great hands" and show that hand. Never show a bluff or semi bluff. It just makes it more difficult to bluff again.

PradBitt

PradBitt

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use auto-muck and i guess its fine, not giving any information out.Players on the table will be in doubt and also it might confuse them :)

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think at low levels it is pointless for 2 reasons.

1) in order to alter your table image significantly you have to b playing against opponents who will interperate the infomation correctly.

2) You are showing your mistakes for all the world to see. You may have played horribly but caught a lucky card and won.. but you don't see it that way. Also, what will you want to show? quads and royal flushes? the problem is that mostlikely you played the hand in a predicatable fashion.. so a more thnking player might start raising you more and then folding, figuring that you will only keep betting with a decent hand.
no2 has happened to me...
I do try to keep from showing, down to a small amount un less it was a real good hand, and if i get beat by a str8 with trips i tend to show the hand.. And it is pointless at low level games, your right... But i tend to show more in CC games :D

J

jcbdx33

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's play like Erik Seidel : never show any hand !!!

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course another thing to remember is that at showdown, all of the thinking players are using HUDs anyway.. so they will be displaying your cards from the HH.

N

nldbull

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Muck Online

if your playing at a real table, play with your table image and show your cards on a bluff, when you know you can rattle somebody. Online it is tough to get a tell on somebody other than betting pattern, person to person, you have to play with your table image.

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
showing a big bluff tilts your opponent a lot imo. i do that occasionally especially when i am playing very lag or spewy just before i decide to tighten up a little bit.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course another thing to remember is that at showdown, all of the thinking players are using HUDs anyway.. so they will be displaying your cards from the HH.
Well you could look at the HH but not no more on UB :D witch was sad, now how i can find out your hand range :D..........
Most only see your hand after the showdown, but you have to show if you lost the hand on UB now.....
Now with it like that with the HH i guess the only way, is to watch how he or she bets preflop!!! right? :confused:
And they only get to see your hand if they call you till the showdown...

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Muck Muck Muck
icon14.gif

Only time you don't Muck is when you feel it's time to reinforce or change you Table Image.

No Exceptions.
icon13.gif

Thats it ..........

Well maybe one exception.
Heads up
Do what you need to do to mess with there minds.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

P

PokerJoeAAAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with mucking 99 percent of the time. The only time I may consider showing is when you get a run of cards without callers for two or three straight hands. Possibly if someone asks and they have shown in the past out of respect but thats a rare occasion.

I agree. This is the only time i show, otherwise i find that they will call with just about any two cards, then i hear this great sucking sound, and some of my chips disappear.

PokerJoeAAAA

Nickmond

Nickmond

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I'll show is if it's in person and I'm asked by a friend in a home game...No one else gets to know that kind of info without paying me off. I always think that leaving someone geussing does more to upset their game than letting them know they've been bluffed, at least then they picked up info on me.

S

shoshaku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking today that it might be good to show good cards late in a sitngo or tourney when the blinds become huge

ie if you raise aces from the button and both blinds fold, just so next time when you try to steal their blinds they may hesitate more to call?

D

deumsac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used auto-muck for a while, but it was really tedious to have to press show or muck hand like immediately after showdown. I would miss the button so much.

Also, it didn't really help my play at all. (didn't know when to show)

Y

yourguynow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Auto Muck

Basically just put it on auto muck and never show. (unless someone bet pretty big prior to river and then folded to your all in after the river and you really had the winning hand before the river) Then show em.. It makes em feel good folding to your big bet. Which makes it easier to bluff out that player later in the game. Of course, don/t show if you bluff.. just adds insult to injury.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Muck Muck Muck
icon14.gif

Only time you don't Muck is when you feel it's time to reinforce or change you Table Image.

No Exceptions.
icon13.gif

Thats it ..........

Well maybe one exception.
Heads up
Do what you need to do to mess with there minds.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
i think this sums up the best way... And thinking on it, that is when i show..:cool:

C

confuzd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strategically to induce later betting or folding and even to put someone on tilt.

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always muck muck muck and when they ask I say PAY PER VIEW!!!

C

chefjimmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
muck em i say

occasionally if a player has alot invested in a hand i may show him but for the most part i muck the hands

F

Fireblade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will always muck

However if you bluff a big pot you should show. Not only for ego purposes haha, but mainly to get your opponent annoyed. When players are angry they play bad and you can take them down. Generally they will call a lot more after because they think your bluffing and you can easily trap with big hands.

W

witl69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think its more of an advantage not to show your cards i say PPV if they want to see my hand they need to call me but hey to each there own is what I always say

C

ChipnChase

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it is best to muck your hand....but if you have a tight table image and people keep folding to your preflop raises, i do sugest to show a bluff every now and then to get a bit more action when you have a monster..

even throwing away some chips by alowing someone to catch you in a bluff can be ok if your deep enough that is...i have found that i get alot of action when i do that...(but thats me....its not for every1)

H

HNRocketS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love showing in the early stages of a tournament because a lot of the time the player is going to remember the hand. I won't show a bluff, just a hand I know that beats the folded one, and usually only show Monstahssss. I love doing this because the 4th time you have AA and you showed the first 3, you can't have them again right!?!?

MrFold

MrFold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose you could show your cards to wind up your opponent after a bluff.

If a lot of chips are in the pot and you bluff with a nothing hand and win.

Showing your cards might throw your opponent off his stride and encourage him to call you next time you put in a big raise - when you have a decent hand.

It's a kind of sneaky manoeuvre. I do it sometimes in heads-up play. I'm not sure if it really helps greatly in the long run - just a bit of mind games.

:cool:

U

UFCcantstopme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends

To me, I show all types of hands, some bluffs, some HUGE bluffs and also great hands. This will confuse your opponents, then again, sometimes i only show bluffs and then when you actually get a hand, they may believe you are bluffing, when you show them your full house and take the pot. Their are many ways to that showing your hands can benefit, but it can also give your opponents information. Hope i helped out