To show or not to show...

T

THGE

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
When I playing in a tournament I rarely show my cards. However my opponents never know if I bluffing or if I am not bluffing. This is important to get advantage in tournaments.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
muck muck muck muck!! i never or should i say 1 out of 500k do i tell or show. if you tell they don't believe you anyway.
and i disaggree with showing a bluff, i've gotten back at the ones who pulled that on me. mind you you can bluff once and awhile, but keep them guessing. don't let anyone know it's one of your tools. because with me it's worked against them. :cool: :smile:

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show except maybe aa if they all fold but a lot do when they have won a bluff this could work to your advantage the next time u wont be bluffin. lol

FlowJoe

FlowJoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mucking is the RULE, don't be no FOOL!!
Peace,
FLOW

stellerteller

stellerteller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say I muck the majority of the time. I agree with everyone, no free information. I think at certain points, in certain tournaments, it is very advantageous to show, but mostly the seed of doubt is a powerful psychological tool.

D

Deucelamron

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my hand unless it has been paid to be seen why give free information unless you have played very solid poker and won a big hand off a stone cold bulff and thats a very rare thing to do indeed especially in a freeroll at least until late tourney but even still all that will really accomplish in general is to make people mad

nirvana123

nirvana123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definetely not showing. However, the so called "advertising" people mentioned would be really useful if you are playng solid.

You can also induce tilt by showing bluffs in large pots. This means lots and lots of +EV.

T

TinaPete

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I show only at a time in a tourney when I want to take down pots and I want everyone to fold in the future so that I can take down more pots ...smiling , to build a stacked Tina

moonbandit

moonbandit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People only show their hands if they like showing off...duhh.
Like me for instance, I show off once in a while = /

G

godoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I can't resist when I did the right bluff and the guy just folded the hand, and then in 75% of times I show my bluff just to piss them off, but I'm pretty conservative so I use this as an advantage

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better off to not show and lie about your cards then actually showing what you had. This way if they actually have a good read on you, you can steer them the other way.

J

jrmonty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never show. the last time i showed it was against a know it all because i three bet him a couple of times he kept asking if i had bluffed him, tried it as a bluff and showed the bluff to let him thinking i was bluffing him out of the hand everytime, i wasnt,
It worked a treat he clearly went on tilt and i knocked him out a couple of hands later.

Gertruda

Gertruda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always muck.. Just because if playing in multiple table it's hard to decide quick where it's better to show or muck

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
90% generally, don't show.

I ran across a situation a few days ago where I think I would have benefitted from actually a lot of showing.

Online, HU against a UB pro. He ended up beating me, no surprise there, with 74o which he had aggressively raised PF. I hit top pair (AT)and he slowplayed the flopped 2 pair.

I got to thinking that had I shown him some of the junk I had taken his money with, he might not have been so agressive. It might have worked out he would think he had to be even more agressive, but we'll never know that. His agression talents are way bigger than mine.

Very specific situation where I know my opponent is paying attention.

That is the only time I can remember ever entertaining the possible strategic value of showing.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Auto Muck - Why give away your hand ranges for free?

katymaty

katymaty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the options on Carbon/PDC etc where you have the option to show one or both of your cards ;).

Generall you should muck all hands although occasionally show for tactical reasons :D

sandbender

sandbender

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you all suggest would be a good time to show what you were holding, and when to just muck them into the pile?
I leave auto-muck off, just so I can show those quads or that straight flush ;).

I also sometimes show to enhance my table image (so tight I squeak) which really helps with ultra-aggressive players, but be careful about this. Usually they'll see your showdown cards anyhow, so that's more than enough information to give most opponents.

M

Mattmon27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has probley been said but I show the occational 4 of a kind or better.
And if someone is pissing me off I show the bluff to rub it in there face.

J

jrosekcs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always muck now...used to show all the time but donks would still call me with crap when i raised....no longer paid to show...if u want to see 'em then pay the pot:cool:

bbgold

bbgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Muck, Muck, Muck!

Don't ever show your hand and don't Ever show a Bluff, unless you are just looking to try and put the other player on Tilt

Once you show a Bluff chances are you will lose any advantage to any attempt at a future bluff, especially if a full table

If you have been Bluffing and getting away with it then often showing a Monster hand at a time when an opponent has commited a Ton of chips and folds out will give you some credibility

But most often it is Best to Never show and make the other players Pay to see your cards

Good Luck and Good Games! :cool:

D

DustinDani

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I choose to muck i think it makes me more unpredictable

imasquare

imasquare

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always have auto muck on so i always prefer to never show and when i sometimes do want to show it's too late.

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
muck, muck muck, never give out free info

Insanity

Insanity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use showing if I am on a few day losing streak. lol I show every good hand my losing self can get my hands on so that when I need to bluff, they will hesitate in making the call. If I'm not on a losing streak, I muck 90% of the time.