Chips
How nice of you to show us yours.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is my 24 tabling graph for 2NL this month 6max reg tables.

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 46
R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
24 tabling? How are your fingers even capable of that, let alone brain? I know your type, I see them a lot on both PS and 888. All you have to do to your type is raise x3 whenever we want you to fold, if you don't fold then we know what you have because you bet proportional to your hand strength.

Also if we flop or hit a nut-hand on the turn we play super passive and hope on the river you try to get your 'money's worth' by either bluffing us or value betting (very rare you try to bluff) and then we raise you and since you are barely focused, if it was a value bet you then call us and boom easy profit.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Give me 2 months, I will show you over the 2 months, I am still not sure how to record it but I will send email.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
24 tabling? How are your fingers even capable of that, let alone brain? I know your type, I see them a lot on both PS and 888. All you have to do to your type is raise x3 whenever we want you to fold, if you don't fold then we know what you have because you bet proportional to your hand strength.

Also if we flop or hit a nut-hand on the turn we play super passive and hope on the river you try to get your 'money's worth' by either bluffing us or value betting (very rare you try to bluff) and then we raise you and since you are barely focused, if it was a value bet you then call us and boom easy profit.

This! This is the quality advice I was talking about! Keep it up RM. You're the most interesting man on this whole forum.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
This! This is the quality advice I was talking about! Keep it up RM. You're the most interesting man on this whole forum.
Enlighten me, you think it is physically possible to 24 table effectively? LOL!

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Enlighten me, you think it is physically possible to 24 table effectively? LOL!

I don't think you could/should do it. Generally, you should keep the table amounts down until you are a good player. But, there are many players who handle that many tables without any problems and make solid profits playing them.

More importantly, your advice for how to handle these people is terribad. I don't even care that you don't play that many tables, you absolutely don't know the correct way to adjust and exploit those who are (starting with the fact that you aren't even operating with the correct assumptions). But, like always, your complete lack of ability doesn't slow you down in your rush to offer advice.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Your the reason why it's possible to get over 20bb/100 on a regular basis on a session.

See you at the tables.

I guess trolls can be fish too.

AlayneBarros

AlayneBarros

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really think the most difficult phase of poker is to form a bankroll because playing in the pressure of money little is too bad, it holds us in the bets.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't need to release your whole hand histories. Just the graph of hands over a significant sample. It would contain very little that anyone could use against you.

I have attached an example. It's less than 10k hands, so not a great sample size, but you can see how little it gives away. LOL

40 buy ins in the first 3.6k hands :drool:

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
40 buy ins in the first 3.6k hands :drool:

LOL, I cherrypicked the stakes. That's PLO2 and I ran like a GOD at first. Nothing makes you love a game like hitting every draw, to the nuts, and still having tables full of people who want to stack off 4 way. It was crazy. I wish I could run that hot all the time. Sadly, once you get out of the very bottom level, people get issued a fold button.

I hit some rough patches later. There is a downside to playing against people who literally will never fold any sort of made hand or draw. Dropping like 35 buy-ins in a short period, sucks! And some of those spots were super deep. Which is a mistake I [mostly] stopped making at those tables. I stopped pre-flop flipping with the aggrotards for 300-400xbb stacks. Yeah, AAxx double suited is likely 65-70% favorite. But, if you have someone who is going to flip with you every time, who have run up huge stacks, you're going to feel the pain more often than I liked.

Last edited:
T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shouldn't go up, stay at 1-2 cent tables, play freerolls, read strategy books and articles. Poker is tricky, it's not a matter of win more or less. In poker, you can also lose, big time. As a matter of fact, you are more likely to lose, especially since you are a beginner.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I am extremely capable of exploiting TAG multi-tablers by becoming LAG or becoming TP when I hit nuts. It is as simple as I worded it... Not sure which part you think is wrong of what I said. :)

Their system revolves around the idea that others won't slowplay nuts and won't specifically bluff them individually.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You realize that even if you are mentally capable of handling that many, you are physically missing buttons because of the time pressure, you can't raise specific amounts for instance as that would waste too much time. I can earn 20BB in a session too by two-tabling and abusing my reads on people (although usually it's just by slowplaying nuts or second-to-nuts more than anything).

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your doing the right things, but you still have alot to learn. Go higher yes definitely because the only way to win big is to learn to play big, which is totally different from micro stakes. But beware it's a dangerous game

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Your doing the right things, but you still have alot to learn. Go higher yes definitely because the only way to win big is to learn to play big, which is totally different from micro stakes. But beware it's a dangerous game
When people talk about high stakes poker I always think of this song

P

pietpikel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well first things first, I wish you luck.
But understand that 2 months of poker playing is nothing.

If you look at the 5 stages of learning

Novice - beginning awareness of subject area, but only abstract concepts and ideas

Advanced Beginner - marginal learning to an acceptable performance level

Competent - exposure to and a working knowledge

Proficient - gained from experience in diverse situations.

Expert - fully internalized both perception and action into their normal work processes

You are somewhere between level 1 and 2. Understanding the game can take years of practice , and will require a huge amount of introspection. As you go up in stakes you meet a lot more people nearer level 4 and 5 than levels 1 & 2.

Analytical brain or not (I have a Bsc. Computer science in maths and computers), you will still need to squash your internal demons (impatience, irritation, reactions to bad beats, euphoria in winning etc). You need total self control and awareness, because those are the things you can control. The game, cards, and stuff just happens. Quantum physics at a micro level.

I think your focus is somewhat incorrect. Forget about the money amounts. Find the level where you can learn the most, in the quickest time. It's no good beating really bad players all the time for your learning process. You need to be tested , but not blown out of the water.

It's a long journey, but I wish you luck and success.

A

Athopkinson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play at the level at which you get a decent ROI. Better to be a shark in a pool minnows that a minnow in a pool of sharks. Try higher level if you think your ready. But remember, just because you win a few games doesn't mean the higher level suits you. Luck will still happen

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also new at poker... I also good at lower stakes I make good profit. But everytime I jump to higher I lossed. Maybe the opponent there is much experience and more skills. Maybe I have to learn and gain more experience first. I just play higher stakes if Im already comfortable

F

franknavin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES...MICROS HAVE THE WORST RAKE STRUCTURE

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there.
I'm pretty new to poker, probably played for around 2 months on and off. I started last week seriously playing for around 5 hours sessions (as much as I can per day basically) and I was rewarded with alot of success. I originally put in 10 dollars and through playing mico-stakes (1-2 cent blinds) I ended up with 30 dollars. Although I enjoyed playing, it seemed I put in alot of effort to earn a small amount of money. After this, I assumed I would keep building my bankroll through mico-stakes until my bankroll was big enough to move up stakes, but I began to become very impatient as It was taking forever to make any money. I ended up losing around 15 dollars and I was really pissed off. I just ended up going all in, or going too far with weak hands - just out of frustration that it was taking so long! Winning 80 cents feels like nothing to me (even through 80 cents is quite alot in micro-stakes). So doubling my stack in 10 minutes just feels like nothing, I wanted more!

So I decided to move up stakes to (5-10 cents) and I suddenly gained my money back and more, but It still feels too slow! Today I played for an hour and made 5 dollars (great) but then when someone was raising against me (I had KQs) I thought it was the ideal point to double up, so I gone all in and lost to AK unsuited -he won on the high-card ace. Looking back at it, I know going all in-preflop with KQs is not the best decision, actually going all in on AK unsuited isnt the best decision either! But emocionally I just needed to do it. After 20 minutes of no action and small pots, I just jumped at the chance of winning. I just get angry easily and lose my patience when I feel things arent going anywhere.

Should I move up stakes? I'm about half way through reading a poker book and these smaller stakes are driving me mad! Would It be stupid to put in $100 and take a shot at higher stakes? I'm thinking $0.10-$0.25 or $0.25-$0.50 at first. Or should I just battle through the lower stakes until my bankroll starts moving forward consistency? I just find earning 5 dollars in 1-2 hours of playing totally exhausting! But is moving up going to give me more issues? Thanks in advance :)

Most people will tell you no. However, I am not most people.

You are experiencing something that a lot of us experience. You play poker to make money (not for fun, or the love of the game or any BS like that). Therefore you must play high enough stakes to make it worth it when you win.

To me, anything below 25NL might as well just be play money. If I can make more money in an hour of minimum wage work - why would I ever play poker?

Move up until you are scared to lose, then move down 1 more level.

Enjoy!

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play according to your bankroll, is the most basic strategy of the game.

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you playing with the intention of learning or to make money? If you are playing to make money you are going in with a disadvantage. You need to learn to look at it from the point of EARNING your move to bigger stakes, if you can't dedicate several hours to grinding out 1c/2c you are going to make your mistakes with much more dramatic consequences. If you are playing for fun however do what you want.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
25 buyins for sng
50 buyin for mtt
100 for cash
then move up. I heard this from a pro once. just my motto