okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Four to Five months is not enough time to confirm your run.
Variance eventually will kick in.
If... you make that sought of money, (and a graph showing your winnings would help confirm this) then I would stay with what you are obviously good at.
Nobody I know has deposited that amount, and run it up so high over a short period, so you're doing something right at that level. Congratulations.!

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Four to Five months is not enough time to confirm your run.
Variance eventually will kick in.
If... you make that sought of money, (and a graph showing your winnings would help confirm this) then I would stay with what you are obviously good at.
Nobody I know has deposited that amount, and run it up so high over a short period, so you're doing something right at that level. Congratulations.!
Lot of calling stations helped me ;)
Variance did kick in man.
My worst downswing was 2000.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The CardsChat bankroll management strategy article is a good resource for this: https://www.cardschat.com/poker-bankroll-management.php

Great article...thanks...

only prob now is I like playing on ACR and the article clearly states "Watch out for late registration"...it says reg should be no more than 1 hour...seems like all ACR tourneys offer lat reg up to 3 hours...some say 15 blinds changes...ugh...

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great article...thanks...

only prob now is I like playing on ACR and the article clearly states "Watch out for late registration"...it says reg should be no more than 1 hour...seems like all ACR tourneys offer lat reg up to 3 hours...some say 15 blinds changes...ugh...

I don't think you really need to read too much into that. It's probably more mentioning it so you aren't accidentally late regging with very few big blinds by mistake.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you really need to read too much into that. It's probably more mentioning it so you aren't accidentally late regging with very few big blinds by mistake.

Yea...unfortunately I have done that before...

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On my site i deposited 300$ 4 to 5 months ago!
Now after grinding a lot at 1$/2$.
Just playing 1/2$ Nl holdem i have made my bankroll 9500 just now.
Now i study poker a lot but i am proper noob when it comes to bankroll management.
I want to know should i move uo the stakes to next 2$/4$ and how do i assume i have good bankroll in terms of buy in blinds should i count it by 100 blinds or 50 blinds?
Or should i keep playing 1$/2$ and focus on tourneys which i dont focus on.
And do i have good roll to move up the stakes?
Thanks! :)
Which site are you playing? :)

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should go higher. But be cautious. You should toss in a tournament or two a week. Play 20$ or more buy in tournament. You have enough cash. Just play your game you played so far and go up.

I disagree. You should focus on your area of expertise. If you were to start playing tournaments it shouldn't be because "you have money to toss". That's how you're going to tilt.