Should i move up the stakes?

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On my site i deposited 300$ 4 to 5 months ago!
Now after grinding a lot at 1$/2$.
Just playing 1/2$ Nl holdem i have made my bankroll 9500 just now.
Now i study poker a lot but i am proper noob when it comes to bankroll management.
I want to know should i move uo the stakes to next 2$/4$ and how do i assume i have good bankroll in terms of buy in blinds should i count it by 100 blinds or 50 blinds?
Or should i keep playing 1$/2$ and focus on tourneys which i dont focus on.
And do i have good roll to move up the stakes?
Thanks! :)

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With such a bankroll,you can go higher for a long time, if you are comfortable on this limit, play.You are a great player if you have such a bankroll...

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should go higher. But be cautious. You should toss in a tournament or two a week. Play 20$ or more buy in tournament. You have enough cash. Just play your game you played so far and go up.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
explore the higher stakes but i would set limitations on it because yes you have a great bankroll ,but if you do not have a limit and have a few bad days and continue to play those stakes your cash could go bye bye ,not saying it will .. you have done well and im assuming you will continue to do so ,just be cautious ,good luck pal .

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash out 5000, with 4500 try the higher stakes and in case it doesn't work out, go back to 1/2 when you fell down to 500.

M

MrTerek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now i study poker a lot but i am proper noob when it comes to bankroll management.
I want to know should i move uo the stakes to next 2$/4$ and how do i assume i have good bankroll in terms of buy in blinds should i count it by 100 blinds or 50 blinds?

U are runing too good. U can try to play turnaments from 5 to 20 and by sats to higher limits like 5-10 to 50 or 100. But u should remember that final table its 8-9 hours ! thats not stand up and go to do anything playing cash

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Peppinotom. I would cash a good chunk out, and you will still have a good bankroll to move up.

J

JordieChloe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have 100 buy ins for 100 blinds, you can move up. Which you do.

F

Forbesy604

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you should definitely try stepping it up a notch

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With such a bankroll, I would go up.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should to move already. Nice bankroll you build.

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its 10800 now.
And i am still playing 1/2$.

A

Alex330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are a good player good luck to you

kasra32

kasra32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, you also have to go to the higher table

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would move up and try the next level. If not working you can always move back down.

Justin Bloomquist

Justin Bloomquist

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should move up in stakes in my opinion.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Why move up, if you are crushing 1/2 If you want to take shots at larger games... fine... you are properly rolled for it, but clearly 1/2 is profitable for you. at least over a short sample size. I don't know what your sample size is, so this can be just a pure luck street that will end in disaster, or you may prove to be a profitable player. The biggest mistakes players make is moving up when they are NOT ready for the next level. I am NOT talking about bankroll wise, but SKILL wise. You may have an edge over 1/2 players and then move to the next level and realize that they have an edge on you. IMO I would take a portion of the roll something like 5 K and play 2/4 or 2/5 and if you lose that move back down and use your remaining 5 K to roll you in 1/2. You will know in a long enough sample size if you are winning player, or just on a lucky upswing. Good luck and I hope you stay profitable and keep studying.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with everyone her. Move up, but be cautious with the higher rollers.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skip the $5/10 live it is where the juiciest fish are and where unusually strong players call home even Phil Galfond.

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I admire these players who have patience and constantly increase their bankroll:D
What can i tell you man?
I still havent moved to 2/4.
I still play 1/2 but i took shot at 10 tournaments.
And took down 50$ and 100$ bounty tourney.
My current roll is 17600$.

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why move up, if you are crushing 1/2 If you want to take shots at larger games... fine... you are properly rolled for it, but clearly 1/2 is profitable for you. at least over a short sample size. I don't know what your sample size is, so this can be just a pure luck street that will end in disaster, or you may prove to be a profitable player. The biggest mistakes players make is moving up when they are NOT ready for the next level. I am NOT talking about bankroll wise, but SKILL wise. You may have an edge over 1/2 players and then move to the next level and realize that they have an edge on you. IMO I would take a portion of the roll something like 5 K and play 2/4 or 2/5 and if you lose that move back down and use your remaining 5 K to roll you in 1/2. You will know in a long enough sample size if you are winning player, or just on a lucky upswing. Good luck and I hope you stay profitable and keep studying.
The only thing that is making me a little cautious moving up is that i played 1/2$
9 max.
While as on my site the 2/4$ games that run are 95% 6 max.
I dont know how would i have to change my strategy,
Thats why i havent moved despite 17600$
But i have been taking shots at tourneys a little!