Awards
US
Chips
noskillnoluck Posts SB 0.10
JonSnowAAR Posts BB 0.25
stroviar1 Folds UTG
i8bet72off Folds
mtesakk1 Folds
S3mper Raised to 0.65 BTN [As][Qc] ($37.43)
noskillnoluck Folds
JonSnowAAR Calls 0.40 BB ($27.22)
FLOP : [7d][7s][7h] Pot = $1.30
JonSnowAAR Checks S3mper Bets 1.00
JonSnowAAR Calls 1.00
TURN:[10s] - [7d][7s][7h][10s] Pot = $3.30

JonSnowAAR Checks
S3mper Checks
River: [9d] - [7d][7s][7h][10s][9d] Pot= $3.30
JonSnowAAR Bets 1.70
S3mper Calls 1.70

JonSnowAAR Shows [10d],[Ad]
S3mper Mucks
JonSnowAAR Won 6.43 from Pot 1 with Full House - Sevens over Tens

No definite image on Villain

Last edited:
OldschoolSteinhausen

OldschoolSteinhausen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very villain dependent. without more information Id probably have checked the flop. As played, I don't know.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My flop bet was actually a value/protector / bluff bet all in one lol

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like that flop. I had AAA come up on a flop the other day - the fourth Ace was in my hand. Think I could get anybody to play with me? Not on your life.

In your example, I definitely would have bet the flop, probably around the same size (may be a tad less) as you did. Depending on what I knew about the villain, I probably would have bet the turn as well. When in doubt, I prefer to err on the side of aggression.

If my hand didn't improve on the river, then I would have folded to any reasonably sized bet by him on the river, and lost the same amount as you did. If the river brought an Ace, he would have bet it and I would have called, and we would have split the pot. If it brought a Queen, I would have bet it, he probably would have check-called, and I would have taken down the pot.

If he had the last seven (the odds are approximately 9800:1 against), he probably wouldn't have bet it till the river. If that happened, well, that's poker - anything can, and will, happen sooner or later.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
^^ I checked the turn thinking I was ahead, maybe I should of bet but at this point I thought my hand would be good a decent % of the time that I wanted to get to show down as cheaply as possible.

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After betting the flop as a bluff how can you check the turn thinking your ahead?

If you feel your bet has multiple effects then you have to understand how the next street and the card it brings will alter your hand strength vs the ranges that you were trying to affect.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I could be ahead of all kinds of floats which is what he was doing, just unlucky for me that he hit is 1 card to save him =(

KQ KJ QJ A2-A9 maybe doubtfully AJ

but then again I could be wrong, that's why I love CC if I'm wrong CC can show me the right

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you weren't betting the flop as a bluff?

If you we're value betting then that is fine. By your posts though it doesn't seem like you know exactly why you are betting here, nor how to continue.

So you bet flop for value, what is you plan for the rest of the hand?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, I was hoping to pick the pot up right there was plan 1. lol but when he calls ... I think the ten was one of the worst cards for me I didn't want to see KJT when the ten hits I'm no longer ahead of AT, KT,QT,JT. so I checked behind wanting to get to showdown cheaply if not free.

however as I type this now I'm thinking I made the wrong play =( and here is why.. on the river bet only hands he could have that I beat is KJ KQ, any A A2-A9 might check there hoping A high is good. and any PP might Value bet there when I made the call I didn't think he had a PP because I didn't think he would value bet a PP that he didn't bet on the turn. However when I check behind on the turn he probably can Value bet small PP

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem wasn't the river. If you think he is floating you so often on this board and will fire the river with all his air then you are obligated to call.

The root of this issue stems from your flop decision. If he is calling with so many worse hands then you played it fine IMO. I think you are mis-ranging him though.

Even if he is floating with all these worse hands he isn't doing it 100% of the time whereas he is never folding worse. You face a flop calling range where he might call worse 30% of the time and calls with better 100% of the time. Since his calling range ratio of hands that beat you/beat by you is value heavy then any turn card which is a T/J/Q/K is the perfect opportunity for you to keep bluffing.

What I'm saying is that if you fire a board like this as a bluff then you really need to continue bluffing on these good turns.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The more I think about it the more I change my mind about it.

Howeverz, I don't hate my bet on the flop I think it's a better line to take here then check.

I have position and the betting lead on a hit or miss board, by betting I give myself a chance to pick the pot up right there I also give my chance to see the river because by betting the possibility of him checking the turn goes up (IMO) which allows me (in position) the ability two chances to catch my A or my Q and it also allows me a chance to see showdown without a tough turn decision or a tougher river decision.

If I check the flop to me it looks like I'm waving the white flag and just inviting him to bet and pick up the pot on the turn giving me no chance at winning this pot. If he bets the turn I have to release or inflate the pot with A high without the betting lead I don't like this line.

I questioned my river call and this is where I mostly keep changing my mind, I think there actually is a good chance he fires this river with worse then A high especially after I check the turn, that check looked so weak that 2-3 of hearts would of bet into me lol

Also the flop bet wasn't 100% a bluff I felt I had the best hand and was betting to protect it, also getting value against floaters. The reason I said it was a Value/protector/bluff is because by betting here I'm essentially doing all 3 things. I'm getting Value out of floaters, I'm trying to protect against floaters and its a bluff in a way because its A high so it was like bluffing with the best hand while knowing/thinking it was the best hand

Last edited:
BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As scott has indicated if you bet the flop, and then checking the turn it does look like you were betting the flop with air or at best a small pp. If the villan was thinking you had either when he hit his 10 on the turn this is why he checked to you and when you checked back he knew he had you beat. Therefore he put in a value bet on the river that he was almost certain based on how you played it were going to pay off.

If you had put in a turn bet, and he reraised well then you fold and probably save money over how it went down. Or he would call and pretty good possibility the river may go c/c and you also save money based on how it went down. Tricky spot to a degree and he got lucky to catch the 10 but also so many other possibilities of hands you couldn't beat so would have had to fold that river bet.

OldschoolSteinhausen

OldschoolSteinhausen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played I think I call, if turn or river had ben a QK or J, id fold

mlvn

mlvn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poor call after river, u beat just a total bluff and hes called BF so his range i guess is low to middle pair + suited connectors and middle kicker Aces mostly, so what u improved that call?

R

RNG

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont mind how you played it actually. Maybe fold on the river but that all depends on how your opponent has been playing. The flop bet is a good bet imo.