gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
For me that's an easy fold and you're being little results oriented, also kinda loose open from UTG but i dont know the dynamics of the table.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It often happens to me too.....all of us, to be sure.....but please don't let it bother you cause you must look at the long run. You would have won this hand if you had played. but you would lose with it 90% of the time. So it's best to just smile and move on.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me that's an easy fold and you're being little results oriented, also kinda loose open from UTG but i dont know the dynamics of the table.

I would tend to agree with you as Whenever there is a Pair on the table there could be possible Full Houses about, or even 4 of a kind, also playing a King high Flush on a 4 card suited board always leaves you prone to a Bare Ace of Clubs in someone's hand.
It all comes down to Could have, Would have, Should have, scenario, You could have Won, but there were other possibilities of better hands than a King flush being out there, So yes! you made the correct fold Pre-flop, the only mistake I can see is raising from the UTG Position with 3 other players to act leaves you open to abuse from other players as they may see it as a blind stealing move, a simple Limp, fold would have cost you less chips and as you were the 2nd shortest stack at the table and should have been playing a little tighter, but that is how I would have played it.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Depend of your stack and depend if you are on luck at this time but yes its fold for me ........in your hand its not enough too call raise

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Well, it's very easy to just discard the cards and go on playing and that the flash closed and you would win them well, yes, but this is such a small percentage that you will constantly lose than win easy math reset and you did not lose anything sometimes such situations put a lot of pressure on the moral basis and you can lose much more

D

Demolish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
Man, you can't predict the future, it's an easy fold, you would lose most of the times, I wouldn't even open with these cards.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I get like that too ) For some reason I wanted to play these cards, and then I realize that they are trash and not a position, I discard them when fighting...and they turn out to be nats....

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn’t open such a hand, maybe I’m playing nitty, but after such action I definitely fold

Mr_Cloud

Mr_Cloud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
For myself I would fold depending on the raise story. In that situation I would of lay my cards down. I find pockets are great at the flop but can play against you by the river.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
It often happens to me too. For myself i would definitely call and 100% after the flop i will go all in, But if it was i big buy-in tournaments its an easy fold for me especially with that stack.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
u shouldn´t even be raising utg that hand

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You couldn't, you had all the players remaining behind you. At the end of the day you lose more times than you would ever win making that call in repeat situations. Definitely feel sick for what could have been, but in hindsight you wouldn't have a bankroll for poker playing like that...

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What do you think, please, share.

Hey friend, whussup? Is this a Play Money hand?

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Easy fold, the first bet was already a huge blunder

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Well, I don't enjoy commentign on Play Money hands. Because poker, per se, is played only with real money. The whole theory and methodology of the game is based on a Real Money experience. Once we are playing money, there's no point to have a background theory or any kind of analysis.
That being sad, anything we do while playing money could be correct.
However you are my friend and I love you. Because of that I will make a comment: do not open K5s from UTG from any position that is not SB x BB when the players in the BB folds too much. Even so you can easily fold this and similar combos.
Consider that player money tables will have way more calling station than real money tables. Given your very example, many players called. Suggestion: make bigger raises preflop, 4x, 5x, 6x, and do it only with 8% range at max, so you will always be profitable when a bunch of calling stations get involved into the pot.
Use play money tables to learn, to observe the patterns and behavior of the passive players, because there will be hundreds of those. Keep watching and taking notes and take this experience to the real money tables when you dive into it.
Thank you very much mate, like you very much, hope you are in a good situation with your mouth and teeth.
Friendly hugs, miss you!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe you should not have entered the pot with this hand from UTG in the first place!!!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe you should not have entered the pot with this hand from UTG in the first place!!!
Exactly this and therefore the hand is also not a call to a 3-bet, when the opponent use normal sizing. Of course its different, if he min-click or someting, because then any hand might be a call due to pot odds. We dont make decisions in poker based on predicting, what the runout is going to be.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think the first mistake is entering the pot UTG with K5s. This hand should be a straight fold without putting any money in the pot.

When you get 3 bet from the BB then this should be a fold also as his range smashes yours.

But as I said if you fold pre flop then you wouldn't get in such a difficult situation.

Just because you would have made a flush doesn't mean you should be playing it.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

First, open raise UTG with K5??? It's extremely loose.

Afterwards, seeing the finished hand is of no use. I think J9s also paying for a BB Squiz with J9s is totally worth it.

That is, rest assured that you will win many hands by folding or not opening those hands. But the player who won will lose many more hands than he won.

Imagine this, how many times do you connect by paying that hand like the one that J9s paid??? in 20 Squizes you can connect once. If you connect once you will possibly win a box and lose 15 bb 19 times that is, you will lose 3 boxes seeing garbage hands that you do not connect.

I also think that you folded very well although I repeat you should not open that hand, unless you are playing at a table where there are a lot of recreational players and you can take advantage of a flop.

I think the KK player also played badly. Given that flop with cards and a flush draw I would have checked from the beginning.
It happens that all of us in our beginnings have a hard time pulling an AA or KK. Maybe with a K of clubs I could have made a continuation bet. But, when the turn completes the flush, KK's hand is almost a hand to fold without a doubt.

I play a lot of PLO and this is precisely what PLO teaches you. It teaches you to fold much more than you would in Holdem. That's why generally those who are very good Holdem players almost all started or play a lot of PLO. Because imagine that it is difficult to analyze a flop in Holdem with 2 cards in hand, imagine how difficult it is to analyze a flop in PLOmaha when you have the opponent who has 4 cards in hand.

Greetings:):):)